Tuesday Sept 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday Sept 12th

Barb,I echo everyone else's comments. Happy Birthday and really, don't go. You have so much strength to be able to have all these days behind you with a hubby at the bar every day. We are sorry if we made you feel invisible here but sometimes I think you need to scream around here because there are so many and there was a little drama a few weeks back that may have distracted everyone. Everyone is behind you and you need the support, and we need you just as much. Camper :l
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Ok now.....where are we?
      MoJo, I'm so glad you got your book. Its such a quick read and just seems to talk to you. For me it really motivated me just get goin with the program. So Happy Readin to you. Keep us posted. Oh and I love the doggie nose. I could kiss it. I always kiss my doggies nose.

Carla, wow....it does sound complicated. But I know that no matter what is goin on with anybody, at any time...it alcohol is involved...then its is just more of a whirlwind. I remember thinking in the midst of my divorce and the kids just seemed to be goin in all directions..(they still do) but I got to a point when I knew that things would get clearer if I would stop doin what I called taken the edge off things at night. Well...just working on that alone...which is a lot...after 100 days...which isn't much when you think about it. I can see so much being a lot clearer. And what just hasn't fallen into place is...just that....clearer! And I see what I need to be working on instead of everything muddled which just makes ya wanna drink again the next night like you said.
      So Carla ya dont need any advice cuz your doin the right thing all on your ow. Your here and startin on what is first and that's the drinking. Then things will fall into place and what doesn't you will see clearer and be stronger to do what ever it is ya have to do that you will know then! (hopefully that made sense to more people then just me) Anyway stick around!

Oh dear Mack....lovely you!! Have a good day and hug all the babies. And use antifishsmelling stuff.

Kath, your funny....I sounded skeptic? (Man....cant keep anything from you!)
      Well, I see it both ways too. I'm so glad you guys are so honest with yourself and each other. Sounds like it will work out either way.
      I love the way you, Mack and CV are so supportive to Carla. Everyone can relate in one form or anther. That's what is so great about us. (proud aren't I?)

CV, glad you got your cleanse goin...I know it was hard for the wait. I am so impressed with the willpower you have. Gosh you set your mind to it and nothin gets in your way. Awesome.
      Thanks for the mayor compliment. I sure am screwed up on the days now. oops. We'll get the hang of it.

Oh my gosh!!!!
      Barb, please dont leave us. Sorry if you felt ignored. It is so hard to keep up with the posting and whos not posting. Heck...sometimes I dont know where I even am half the time.
      I'm sorry you feel rejected by your husband. That definitely hurts to the core. Not that this will help you feel better but I have come to learn that when they do that it is ONLY about them and nothing about you. Doesn't keep it from hurting but know it for the truth. It has taken me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I was gonna be waitin a till hell froze to get the warm fuzzies that I wanted from who I chose to be with for a lifetime mate. Well wupps. What it came down to was where was I to go from here? There was NO changin him....so could or was I willing to live with it.....or what were my options. What I did figure out that sittin around drinkin and allowing myself to be trapped wasn't one of my options. Please comeback to absville and lets go from there. And even tho you dont like today and think your birthday sucks......

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU BARB! MACK HAS THE BIRTHDAY HATS AND SOMEBODY AROUND HERE SINGS OPRAH SO.....
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BAAARRRRBBBBBaaaaaaa!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Nancy and Belle have the punch.
      We are all on diets so there is no cake. sorry
      Thanks everyone for pitchin in.

Now to bad Lou and Bambs had to miss that hope all is well with them and the appointment is goin good.
      Maybe we will be hearin from them soon.

Barb I hope you are readin all this.
      Love you guys, gabbs
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

It's blueberry punch!!!! plain!!!!

One of my favorite people on Veggie tales is Madame Blueberry. I drive my grandkids crazy when I sing her song! I'm soooooo blueeeeewhowhooooooooo!

Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

:welcome: Carla! So glad you found us! Keep reading and posting--this really does work! Look on the different boards, and you'll see how you fit right in here!

Barb, I am so sorry you're feeling left out...it's such a sad feeling. And I think you might be surprised to find out how many of us feel left out or ignored at some point or another....like Mack said, I've posted questions that no one answered and written my heart out in posts that got very little response....it happens. At first I got into a real snit about it (in fact, shhh, but one day I was actually in tears because I had decided that no one cared one way or the other whether I was here or not...:upset: )...then I began to come out of my own head and realized that everyone says stuff that doesn't get a response--in fact, I myself have not responded sometimes even when something has moved or inspired me...sometimes it's lack of time, or I'm just tired or whatever...and then the moment has passed, the posts have moved on and I end up responding to something else.

Someone once said to me when I was upset that someone had apparently ignored me: "You know, Susan, it's not always about you...people have many reasons why they do what they do and the majority of them will have NOTHING to do with you!" I often have to remind myself of that when I find myself taking something personally that is most likely not personal at all....

Barb, I hope you stay around and keep posting! We all have much to learn from each other....
          :h
          susan
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

I LOVE Madame Blueberry! She rocks!!! have all the cd's, dvd's, etc....Veggie Tales here. Happy birthday Barb...DON"T LEAVE!!! We need you here. Part of our mind set is that "we don't fit in". That is a common thread among many of us here! You belong just as much as anyone else!
            Put my 2 week notice in to my hospital job with much disgression. Feel like I'm selling my soul to the dark side. (Going into the cosmetic/medical industry). But, also see it as a chance to grow personally and creatively. That kind of opportunity doesn't come up very often in the hospital setting. Will keep up my skills 1-2 days a month as a backup.
            Kids are busier than ever....homework getting harder, especially my 7th grader.
            Get to meet an old friend for lunch today....nice part of having all 3 in school.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Wow it has been a busy morning in Abbsville!

I didn't sleep too well last night -- kept waking up every hour or so and then it would take a good 15 minutes to fall back asleep. So I'm a bit tired today. Not sure if something was bothering me or what. Anyway I am sure I'll sleep better tonight.

This is a busy week as I'm preparing to fly off to Las Vegas Saturday for a conference. There's so much to do between now and then! But it will work out. Anyway I'll be at the conference with a small group of co-workers. Not a group I would be tempted to over-indulge with, but certainly might be invited to have drinks with dinner or whatever. So I'm preparing myself for ways to say "no thanks" without feeling to strange about it. Of course this is all in my head -- it's not like they are going to twist my arm or anything. And as it turns out, I have a bit of insurance. A friend of mine who lives in Arizona is going to drive up and join me in Vegas -- he'll hang out by the pool while I'm working, of course, but join me in the evenings for dinner and shows. Fun stuff. But he really isn't a drinker and is very supportive of my sobriety. So I know that even if I am tempted I'll have him there to keep me in check.

I really would love to feel strong enough that I could go into situations like this and not worry that I'd have a slip. I wonder, will I get to that point?

Hang in there, Carla, and happy birthday Barbara.... we are glad you're here. And Mojomuppet, I think Oreo is adorable!

I'll try & check in with you guys later today.
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

cv1 wrote: Please know that you can go to the top and click the link to Roberta's blog and download the pdf version of her book for free.
                For free? Can you explain?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Gina that sounds fun. I think we often dont take enough time to do things like that. I know I dont. Someone recently asked me what I did for fun lately. (oh my gosh....you guys know the answer, and then one more that I'm to embarressed to tell.) So.....have fun at lunch!!!!! gabby
                  ps....barb....are you back yet?

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

free download myo book

http://www.mywayout.org/blog/promotion.pdf

here ya go unregistered. I hope i did it right.

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Susan, you echoed what I was going to write. Sometimes I am almost embarassed when I write something and I get no response but then I realized I do not respond to everything I read but it could have touched me or made a difference in my day. And when I do get hurt or offended I realize life is not all about me, me, me, and that people have their own lives and reasons for not responding.

Keep on with your great job in abs everyone. I am still looking to all of you for inspiration.

Your irregular regular!
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

Well said Lush i completley agree.....

I'm getting worried about Lou and Bambs aswell.....
                          I bet they're yapping in Mcdonalds or something.....I hope it went well though
                          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

The girls are back in town...read the other threads... they sound like they are singing..

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

gabby wrote: http://www.mywayout.org/blog/promotion.pdf

here ya go unregistered. I hope i did it right.
                              Oh thanks a lot! Yes, you did it right!

Comment

Tuesday Sept 12th

WWbarb

Just sent you a PM but - said it was forbidden - I know we are having a few teething probs here at the mo - but Pleeeeeese. try PM me - I will try again.

please... I am worried about you.

Liz
                                zzzz
                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Working...
                                X