Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Thanks for the welcome Gabby.
    I promise to be a good neighbor, and won't put my empties in your trash can.
    I'll be sure the dogs don't bark at night, but I can't make any promises for the teenagers. They are strange aliens.
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

I know about the teenagers....do you have girls or boys?
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Good morning, neighbors,

Well I am happy to say I got a much better night's sleep last night and feeling much more chipper this morning.

Asking for help -- yeah, that can be tough to do. I know that for me it is like pulling teeth. Or pulling fingernails maybe. In fact, I don't know when I last asked for help, except from a professional. But that's different: I'm paying them to help me. But to ask a family member, or a friend for help? That is admitting weakness. That is asking them to do something out of the goodness of their heart to compensate for my inability to do everything by myself. They would have to go out of their way because I am not Superman. Hmmm.

I know how it feels to be on the other side -- to be the one who is asked for help by someone I really care about. I am touched and honored that the person trusts me enough to ask me. I am happy to do anything within my power to help them in any way possible, and if I can't, I'll find someone who will.

I think it comes down to pride (maybe false pride?) and humility. We are made to believe that we must be strong, that we must keep a stiff upper lip, that we must be self-sufficient. We don't want to be a burden to others. That's all well and good. But there are times when we really and truly need help, even if that's just someone to lean on. And the humility comes in when we realize that we're not supermen, we're not God -- we're simply human beings who need each other to get through this life.

I need to remember this more often. I have a hard time reaching out. Thanks for the topic, Gabbs.
        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Good Morning Mike....Great to hear from you!
          (now really guys....I am gonna leave the computer)
          so bye

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Gabby for permission!
            I'm getting more stressed by the day as the wedding draws near. I'm really have to fight the wine demon at night when I finally sit down after a busy day. I'm not taking topa . I do take the supps and drink carrot juice 3x a day with magma plus.
            It would help if I didn't have over 100 bottles in my storage. Maybe I could lock it and throw away the key?
            Any way..........thanks for listening....this too shall pass.
            Mike.........I think men have a harder time asking for help.
            At least the men in my life do......they are all "Wild at Heart" men...(book)

Nancy & Belle:l
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Ok Nanc......as of this moment the place that has the you know what stored in it.......has a HUGE lock on the front and only somebody and I forgot who has the key.
              There!

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

:l NANCY:l

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Ok......heres my Hope

"The horn (devil) was waging war with the saints and
                  overpowering them until The Ancient of Days(God) came, and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest one and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom".
                  Daniel 7:21

I'm asking for "favor"..........to defeat the horn!

Nancy:h

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Nancy....you are not allowed in there. Not an option....
                    Not a decision for you to make. You are not allowed.

carrot juice...carrot juice....carrot juice......

you can do it-

lisa

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Thanks Lisa............I'll put that thought in my suggestions! Nancy

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Hi

Hey guys,

Im rather late today as my stupid comp had a virus and iv been trying to fix it for hours!! Think its sorted now!

Hope you are all in fine form today, I had to go for an occupational health interview this morning for work cause iv been off 3 months now...dunno how it went, its really hard to tell with things like that. The guy was really nice though and aggreed with what i was saying about needing to be fully better before i go back as i dont wanna have to be off again as that would mean a second period of absence...which would look worse on me. Iv been reassured by my doc and others that legaly i can not be sacked if i am certified off by the doc (which i am)...still a bit worried though, if i lost my job i think that would finish me off...i have a lot of debt which i just about manage to pay each month but with no work id be in trouble big time.

Gosh...all i seem to do is waffle on about myself..sorry!! and thanks for always listening

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x
                        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Hi to All,
                          Once again find so much to think about from all your posts. Gabby you're so right about the importance of asking for help when needed. My issue is that I often don't recognize when I do need help. I think it's a skill that we must develop to learn when we need to ask for help before we self-destruct.Alcohol most likely impairs our ability to figure this all out.
                          I should know as last night I fell off our abs train with a resounding THUD!!!I was anxious and ill at ease for some reason yesterday and just did not know how to make myself feel more at peace.Probably a calms-forte(which I really like) and some deep breathing would have worked better than alcohol. I really have to learn to relax without drinking.
                          Mona,welcome to abs. I,too have dogs,cats and 3 teenagers. This is a great place.The people are inspiring,funny and very tolerant of the riff-raff like me who keep falling off the wagon.
                          Kim,congratulations on 40 days!!!
                          Mack,good luck with your new red carpet.I had beautiful red carpet in my living room at one time and you could see every speck of dirt on it.I turned off the lights when I was watching the tv at night so I didn't have to see the dirt.
                          Lou, glad you sound better today.
                          Now, as I said yesterday.... my son just called and I have to pick him uo NOW..... so my train of thought has been broken....... to everyone else...... I'll be back
                          Janet

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Good to see ya Lou Lou and Janet!
                            Yep! Its that time of day when the darling children are demanding and everything is with a NOW!
                            I call it Darling Children Duty. he he gabbs

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Aw Gabbs...iv said it before an i say it again..you do sound like such a lovely gal. Bet your a brilliant mom.

Lou-Lou x x x
                              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday, Sept 13th

Thanks for the welcome Janet!
                                Meow-Meow
                                MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                                X