Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, Sept 14th, 2006

Hi everone-

Nice posts from everyone - I read everything. Kathy - thanks esp for your thoughts. The mind plays terrible games and I can so relate to making things in your mind fit the bottom line - which always seems to be - "I should just open a bottle of wine"
    At least that is often my conclusion.
    I also have to admit that as I was reading these just now I thought...well, no one said hello to me guess no one even notices that I'm here....poor me....perhaps I should 'open a bottle of wine'....I guess we are all a bit sensitive. Not sure why I expect everyone to know me so well when I don't post all that much!
    But I decided to start posting whatever I think and feel - be myself. Always so afraid of rejection.

Well, to end on a very positive note....today is day 5 for me. I think I will have to count too for awhile Kathy.
    Last Sun I went to New orleans for work - I was alone and decided wine for dinner was a good idea. I don't remember much about getting back to my hotel room and that scared me.
    This sun I am going back to New orleans for work.....here is the part where I ask for help....will someone please, please ask me this sunday if I drank? Just knowing I'll be asked I think shouldl be enough.

Thanks to everyone...this site has helped me so much - sorry if I sounded whiney there-but I'm going to post before I start deleting parts of this
    Lisa

Comment

Well Gabbs reckcon ill be pretty busy on my opening day tomorow...but im sure ill be able to squeeze you in, actualy i think you should prob get special treatment being the mayor and all....i will make you even more beautiful, so you can stand and give me an opening speach, looking fantastic with your mayors chains and your gorgeous new hair do!!!

Love

Lou-Lou x x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Hey Lisa! :l
        Always good to hear from you! If you're comfortable saying I would love to know why you're going to NO...maybe you told us before and I missed it?

And you asked for it! I will most definitely ask you on Sunday if you drank! And I will ask LOUDLY! :l
        :h
        susan
        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Oh, and Lisa?

Better to WHINE now than WINE later!!! :H :H

susan

Comment

Lisa, don't take it personal. There are so many people on here that it is hard to not only remember everyone's name let alone address every post. But now that you opened this can of worms I will hunt you down and pester you to where you will wish you were being ignored! . Okay, just kidding, but don't drink on Sunday because we will all be asking...............
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Lisa,
              This is exactly what we need. Cuz same with me. I notice when I wasn't posting that no one talked to me yet. Just like barb. felt like no one noticed her.
              For me....I gotta admit I post to the people that have posted. Its how I get going....and then I can see who I havent posted to.
              he he....but it might take a few days at least for my brain to get it. But it doesn't mean that I didn't care.
              But bein on the other side of it, easy to feel left out. So I am sooooo glad you posted . Then we can post back and every one likes it. That's what we are here for is to get to give and receive friendship and support. But its like ya gotta say " I'm here"
              I like your posts. There from the heart.
              Happy day 5 for ya. Man those early ones are the hardest I think.
              Try to come here everyday.
              And yep.....We will all be here Sunday tappin our feet with our hand on our waist ready to say......Lisa.....did you drink this weekend? since ya asked for it!

Good Lou Lou, Cant wait for opening day!
              gabbington (new name from bambs--its short for gabby in UK)
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

WOW- ask and you shall receive I guess:h Thank you...I guess I'm pretty emotional right now for some reason
                but your emails...Gabby,Lush and Susan...just made my cry. But a good kind of cry.
                I have always been the responsible one in my family and have always been the one my friends come to when they are having problems or drama. I'm always the one with advice and the one who says 'I'll handle that for you'. It is hard to ask for help/support...so thanks.

I'm in new orleans working. I work in the hospitality industry (ok, a hotel company) and we have some issues going on there. I will probably have to go there for two more weeks. Last week scared me so much. New orleans is not the place to be alone and drunk...esp right now.

thanks again....that meant a lot-

Ready to be asked this Sunday!
                Lisa

Comment

Comment

OK everybody! No drinkin today and Lisa.......

if you drink in N.O..............this might get ya!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy & Belle

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hmmm...

Nancy, I have plenty of friends who ride motorcycle--I'm not sure how threatening I find them! Even with the sunglasses! I think Lisa is scared enough just by knowing all of US will be ready and waiting for her when she gets back!
                      susan

Comment

Comment

HEy.....I'm pretty sure I saw that guy last week.....
                          Looking forward even more to being sober in NO

Lisa

Comment

OH MY WORD. !!!!

Nancy, Belle ....and Gabriella ( don't be fooled by the pink frilly froo froo knickers ) and Belle can lick you to death with just one slurp.. Nancy - well.... Concoctions are her speciality. Heehaw heehaw !!!! Yep and Clevvers ( susan ) will talk the sense into you like Chinese Torture !!!

I beg you to heed the warning. !!!!

Just a note from an incognito friend !!! xxxx

Lisa - You will be fine... just keep on here and keep your pecker up my chick. And just think how better it is without it....

Mine ( pecker ) - (I know that is something rude in America ) but it has been low as low can be - but this guys are buoys... They keep you afloat when you are sinking faster than you know.

Talking things through, and speaking the truth, even when you have hit an icy patch - It DOESN'T matter one jot to anyone here.

Just keep banging on - and we are all in this for the long haul.... Well I am...

I wish you love and hugs...
                            liz
                            XXX

P.S Clevvers - Dark Horse - 5 months? ... You're not one to blow your owbn trumpet are you.

HOORAHHH for Cloggers !!! XXXXXXX :l
                            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Hey guys..........I have friends who ride also.......Just kidding..........don't hurt me!

Nancy & Belle

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

all i have to say is i wll never pass the test to be british if i have to use the workdpecker and not use it as an american term . lol

Comment

Working...
                                X