Friday, September 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, September 15th

Kim Im so glad to hear this. I think this is about the time I noticed a change too. 45 days or so. Good to sleep again too. Just had to say this real fast. Big smiles to you. gabbs
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Yes Bambs...............the Hubby is a wee bit spoiled.
      We have 41 years of "togetherness".......so I guess its working!

He will be home full time as he is retiring (again) in Jan. It will be "yet" another adjustment but that is life....one adjustment after another!

He is busy as a bee, so he won't be underfoot too much.
      I have a very long "honey do" list for him. His "work" comes first though.........it always involves the tractor or gardening or building something or tearing down something or wood products in some form or burning something. He is a real "wild at heart " kind of guy!

Tomorrow is the first day of hunting season here. There will be guys in camo everywhere. I'm staying indoors!
      Life is never dull here!
      I'm putting all Absville on NOTICE: watch out for the hunters!

Belle HATES loud noises.........so she will be in my lap all day! lol Big baby!

Nancy & Belle:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Hi Auntie Em.

My dad retired 2 years ago, and my mum went into ' panic' mode - she has always said that she can't get anything done when he is ' hanging around ' :H

But... It has become a blissful haven, Dad takes their Barnaby ( guess what breed - yep - Jack Russell ) for a long walk every morning. They sit and have a cup of tea on the patio. Then dad does the garden ( for that is his passion ) - he was a right wild one - in his day - I don't half poke fun at him when his main concern is dead-heading the flowers - :H

Mum is a kind of ferry boat for the 'old ladies' as she calls them - - they are only about 4 years older than her !!!! . Mum is 66. She takes them around to all the material and wool shops, - and they do just ' ladies' things.

But as far is your husband is concerned Nancy - he will RELISH his freedom... - sorting everything out. And getting on with 'manly jobs' I bet he has been waiting for this for so long.
        I think mum and dad regret selling the smallholding - we had 3 goats ( all of whom we kept and rented a field for, but sadly have passed away now ) but also had sheep, and a regular visiting tupp - called Roger -- that is beyond a joke !!!
        So lambing time was busy - never delivered one myself, but sat up all night on school nights with my mum in the barn , and have seen her deliver ( and save ) a few lammies lives.. , and mum used to adopt orphan lambs from a farm about 3 miles away whose mothers had died, and the farmer did not have the time to deal with them individually , and we hand feed them with milk - gush they don't half have a shove for tiny babies - and never seen anything like how much they can Guzzle in 30 seconds flat !!! . - Happy memories. X
        Also had chickens - got a smashin pic of ' The Girls ' Lined up at the patio wanting to come in out of the rain - - cheeky monkeys !!!

Well I know that you will love being together - no pressures anymore. Just Joy

Love to you and your husband - and hope he doesn't go overboard with the demolishing !!!

Oh - And Nancy - wear a bright Orange garment for those hunters... And I recommend a pair of pink fluffy ear-muffs for the Baby Belle too !!!

Love and Happiness...
        Take care - and don't make any kind of noise that might be
        mis-construed as a ' quack' - otherwise you're a gonner !!!

love
        Liz
        xxxx

quack quack !!!
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Hey cute bambs....I really luv ya and could you take that hydrogen off there?
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Quick Good Day to you all,
            Kathy I admire you so much for continuing to sew those flags.One feels a bit sad when your child stops an activity which has become such a part of your life.Perhaps it's better to have stopped now when she is still home rather than waiting til next year when she's off at college. Then you would miss her and the activity she had always participated in.Good luck with those college applications!!!!
            I'm off to New Hampshire for my son's hockey game.... and yes I suppose I will miss those when he either stops playing or goes off to college and plays there.
            My question is.... does our town have a jail?????Remember the Andy Griffith show(I'm showing my age) where the town drunk(Otis, I think his name was) would always come and spend the weekend in the jail as he was too drunk to go home.None of us will be going there this weekend.
            Hopefully I can check in when I come home tonight. Gotta beat the traffic out of the city now.
            Janet

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good afternoon all!

Absville seems to be experiencing a genuine population explosion!!! GREAT!!! Welcome to everyone - new and returning and, like me, in and out. I am always here, just not always posting.

Loved all the stories about furrbies!! Too funny. So glad we are past the furrbie days at my house.

Janet - your son plays hockey? What year? What position? My son (15) played for ten years (in house and then travel). He quit only last year. It was a real love/hate relationship for me as his mom - hard to drive for hours every weekend to then go out and watch the other team try to beat the poo out of him! Knocked his braces out one time! Glad he has moved on to the kinder/gentler game of golf!

Kathy - kudos to you for supporting your daughter's decision and honoring your own commitment. That is a great example for her down the line and one she won't forget. It is hard when your child decides to give up something that has become so much a part of your life!

Blessings to all of you on this beautiful Friday!

Love
              Jenn

Comment

Friday, September 15th

I do think we need a jail!!!!!!! Just in case some of those hunters get too rowdy!:H

Who wants to run for sheriff? Great idea!

Belle and I have cleaned house all day today. She has a "thing" about vacuum cleaners also. Tries to bite it...........we had a sitdown "come to Jesus" talk about it. She's a mess.

I loved the story about growing up with sheep and all, Liz... Your mum sounds just like my mom did at around that age.......you wouldn't believe the fabric I had to do something with after she was gone!

I'm tossing some of my accumlated "stuff" as I clean today.......It feels good! And my kids won't have to "deal" with it ......my gift to them!

Gonna finish up here......:l to all checking in!

Nancy & Belle:h
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday, September 15th

just dropping by

Hi all,

Just dropping by to say hi and see how you all are doing here in absville, can I come by on the days I want to stay AF?? I would love that cuz you guys seem like a fun group and I used to always stop by, but got a message from someone saying that that wasn't cool Is it ok or not??

Anyway, I am trying mods, but did really poorly for a while when I had alot of sh*t going on (like a horse dying, just little stuff like that!):upset:

Just wanted to say hi, you all sound so happy, and I love my friends in modsville too (I guess I want the best of both worlds, or do I need to only live in one??)

Someone set me straight!!

Mary Anne:thanks:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Hey mary anne

I think its just fine that you pop on here when you need too...our community is growing massivley and we have a few people who come on and off. If we can help you then you should be here when you feel you need to be.
                    You have my welcome and good wishes

Lou-Lou x x x
                    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday, September 15th

ok

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will DEFINITELY pop in when I want and need to stay sober!!:thanks: :thanks:

Mary Anne :h

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Mary Anne, not sure who would have said "not cool", but it's definitely cool to pop and and out of AF days, extended abs visits, whatever... Since we have no Sheriff, I think there is not a trespassing law on the books.
                        :welcome:

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Late Afternoon!

Boy, Being Mayor is turning into a real job, this town is getting so big!!! We may have to add a town council soon! Maybe we can have a sheriff for the hunters, but I am definitely more into having a counseling center than a jail for when we slip and fall!! We can all get training as peer counselors! (I think most of us are pretty good at it, if you want my opinion!)There are so many loving people here that there will always be a place to stay if we have an "Otis"!

Welcome Mary Anne! You're welcome to pop in and out. I'm glad that you get a good feeling about our town! I hope you will want to stay in town for a few days at a time after a bit and see how it feels. You might find that you like it! At any rate, there's always a place for you here.

To the Honorable Gabbington, and to Gina, as well, I have made corrections to my original post to honor your corrections as I read them in the preceding posts. Thank you for bringing my errors and omissions to my attention.

Gina, boy, I like the idea of your back to school nights!!! I would have attended a whole bunch more if there was WINE involved!!! I'm sure attendance in general would absolutely SOAR!!! Oh, oops!, I forget myself and my position. I'm the Mayor of Absville. Hummph. Sorry.:blush:

No, truly, I've gotta admit that part of dealing with this addiction is GETTING OVER the way that we IDEALIZE THE GOOD TIMES AND FORGET ABOUT THE BAD TIMES, RIGHT??? Especially when we are in the grips of a craving. I know that after my slipup of the other night, I am making sure I am scrupulous with my supplements and my topa, and listening to sleep learning and the subliminal CD's every day. Next week I will be able to add in the regular hypno again too. It is so easy to get sloppy for me!!

Hey Nancy, thanks for your support. Hunting season, huh? That can get pretty wild!!! Poor Belle! It's good she has her loving Mom to soothe her fears!! If those hunters get too wild, we'll just throw them in the slammer!!! Hah! So your hubby is a "wild at heart" type?? That can be very cool, in some ways, I think! Up here where I live, there is only so much you can take of the "metro-sexual" type of guy.

Hey Tartan, we'll ALL be rooting for you this weekend. Come and post as often as you need to, or get on chat if you want some additional support! Let us know how you're doing, and please, don't worry about being judged!! We're here for you! And, I've gotta admit, just love those glasses!! Your overbite is to die for!!!

Hey Honorable Gabbington, fellow partner in crime! You're still a wonderful support, even when you're "off duty!!" I guess I thought you had "the JOB" from M-Th, and I had F-Sun. Anyway, sharing this job with you is terrific!!! It's hard to think of a better partner, except, of course, just about the rest of the folks in Absville!! I think that we're all pretty special, each in our own way, and each with our own special gifts!! But truly Gabby, thanks for thinking I'm a hard act to follow, but I think EXACTLY THE SAME about you!!

Hey Liz, love the Brit/Scotch/Irish thing, if we can all keep up with you!! I'm enjoying your stories of the lambs, goats and chickens. It is the kind of thing that keeps a suburban brat like me completely enchanted!!! Tell me, can we have a communal farm in Absville?? Those of us who want to can all take care of the critters and the crops??? I'll spend all my time there when I'm not being Mayor or running my quilting shop (or sleeping!)

Kim, it is SO WONDERFUL to hear you sounding contented and full of plans for the future! I can hear that you are really starting to feel comfortable in your sobriety!! What a wonderful feeling. Please keep coming here and telling us all about it!

Janet, you are driving from Pennsylvania to New Hampshire for hockey??? And coming back tonight???? Please be safe, love!!!! (And I thought I was devoted !!!) I agree, we do get attached to our kids' activities if they are really into it, themselves.

Glad to see you, Jenn, our irregular regular! I still have to laugh when I see your avatar!!! My daughter's teeth have survived color guard, thank goodness!!! (Espec. since the braces are off now!!)

Hey Susan, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your lawsuit. I remember your tumble into the pothole!!! Not fair! That stuff isn't supposed to happen when we're sober!!!

Anyway, if I missed anyone, I'm sorry. Some one might well have posted while I've been writing this tome. I'm missing you Mike and Macks! Hope you check in soon!!! I'll write another "Me" post in a minute!!

Your Honorable,
                          trong>
                          YAH
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, September 15th

hi from an irregular. (its quality not quanitity that counts!!! lol)
                            i have no hope of saying hello to everyone here.. my memory isnt good enough!!!! and thats not cos i'm drinking.

i have visitors at the moment (drinkers).. when i started this it used to really bother me having drink in the house but now i can honestly say that i'm just not going back there. now.. once dinner is over, i do chuck out left overs cos that is now just a habit for me but i honestly dont want a drink. Kathy you talk about remembering the good times.. i think i've changed that in my mind.. i think i'll have to remain conscious about what i do think about it, but i think drinking was the pits for me now.. i dont idolise it at all. its for the dogs as far as i'm concerned.

its simple. dont buy the stuff. if its in the house, dont drink it. life is better that way. I"ll never forget that feeling in the morning. I hope that will keep me sober forever.
                            brigid

Comment

Friday, September 15th

It's All About Me!

Thanks for your support for my feelings about my daughter quitting color guard. It's really okay at this point. I sort of knew since school began that she probably SHOULD quit!

The big blow for me was actually back in the summer, when she quit the Reading Buccaneers, an independent drum and bugle corps that marches during the summer season. I was reeling and depressed when she quit then, but I didn't let her know, because she was paying for it with her own EARNED $$$. She lost $300 by quitting, and it was her decision. I didn't think it was right to influence her with my feelings. The truth is, I was such a dysfunctional teenager who grew up in a dysfunctional family, and I have gotten so much out of raising this girl who is pretty NORMAL--bright and active and lovely. She has been a gift to me. I have vicariously known what it is like to have a somewhat normal teenage life because of her.

As much as she loves guard, she is realizing that it has NOTHING to do with her future. She is facing another round of SAT's, ACT's and SAT subject tests (in French and Calculus). Then college applications! We have some money for college, but for the rest, we will have to depend on scholarships and grants and student loans. Color guard doesn't get you scholarships or grants, even though it is a lot of fun.

At any rate, her band director wasn't too happy with her today. I got a call from my daughter from the guidance office, and she was in tears. Her band director was pretty hard on her, and somewhat manipulative too. But she stook up for herself and told her that college and her future was more important than band.

OKAY--MINI RANT--FOR THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF THEY HAVE BEEN HOLDING OUT BEING CAPTAIN (of Color Guard) OR HAVING A SOLO IN FRONT OF MY DAUGHTER LIKE A PLUM. SHE HAS BEEN A SOLID MEMBER OF THE WEAPON LINE FOR ALL THIS TIME. ALWAYS DANGLING THIS PLUM IN FRONT OF HER..... BUT THEY NEVER CAME THROUGH FOR HER WITH THIS RECOGNITION. NOW THEY ARE GUILT-TRIPPING HER FOR TAKING CARE OF HERSELF!!!!!:durn: :durn: She's not quitting because of anger about this, but let's say that it hasn't gone unnoticed either..... ALSO, THEY ARE DAMN LUCKY THAT I AM NOT POOPING OUT ON BEING CHAIR OF THE SEWING COMMITTEE EVEN THOUGH SHE IS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF THE BAND!!!! I think it would be cool if they count their blessings. C'est vrai??? OKAY END OF RANT.

Thanks for listening.

By the way, I WILL be holding her ROYAL HEINIE'S feet to the fire. If she needs more time to study, study she will!!!:H SAT study guide, here she comes!!! LOL!

Thank you so much for listening!!! It's been a long day! On the plus side, I just got the 4" thick memoryfoam mattress topper. What bliss!!! Beats the sh*t out of the goosedown thing I had!!! No aches or pains whatsoever.

I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TOLERANCE OF MY RANT AND ANGST!!!

Lots of love,

Kathy

Comment

Friday, September 15th

Good for you, Brigid. That's a good place to get to. I haven't yet gotten to the place where my memories are just of the bad things. I hope that I'll get there someday. I'm really glad that you can have booze in the house and chuck it when the time is over. It's important to be able to do that, because having booze around is surely a temptation! One of the happiest people that I know is a woman in recovery, and she can have parties at her house with alcohol and not drink. (Don't think I could do that anytime soon!!) She has everyone take the booze home when it's over or throws out what's left. She is a lovely, accomplished woman, and I admire her greatly. I'm glad that you are in the place that you are in.

Love, Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X