Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday September 17th

Hey guys,
    Just a quick check in. Been a quiet day here on the farm. Nice weather and you can actually feel a tiny bit of fall in the air at night.

I think Sunday has become a hard day of the week for me. Hubby is always in a BAD mood because he gets up at 4:00 am on Monday morning and drives in for a day of work in the big city. He hates it and says hurtful things to me every Sunday.(trigger for me)
    I'm gonna take some of my own advice and "let it roll off like water off a duck's back"! I feel better just sharing this with you.
    I feel like Mandy, Kathy! I would like to take some revenge!

Lou..I'm glad you picked up and went to a meeting .

Mind just went blank of all I was going to say to others. Senior monent!
    Ckeck back with you later.
    Nancy & Belle:l

I
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Hello from N.O.
      Reporting out so far. The airport was hard for some reason. I kept thinking about Mike at Chili's which helped and I thought I would need to report out later too so I walked past the TGIFridays. I went to Starbucks instead.
      A friend who travels often gave me medallion coupons for drinks on the plane. I left them at home.
      I walked past the lobby bar at the hotel and now I'm in my room.
      I just read a somewhat hurtful email though from a good friend(probably more me just getting my feelings hurt over nothing) and I don't know...maybe it's the pms on top of everything else but I swear....it just made me weak again like at the airport. What is wrong with me?? Oh yeah, that's right...forgot for a minute.
      Instead of calling room service and ordering a bottle of wine, I came here and read some and I calmed down.
      Actually, what I would normally do right now is go down to the lobby bar...have three glasses of wine and Then come up to my room and order a bottle of wine thru room service. That is the real truth.
      As it is only 7:23 here....I am going to write you all back before I go to bed. Thank you all....not sure why this is so hard. Today is day 8 though. Something to be said about that right?
      so glad you are all here
      Lisa

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Lisa, you are doing great. Don't give in. YOu will be so proud of yourself tomorrow. Trust me, I KNOW it is hard. I would be very tempted if I were you....................keep us posted.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Hey Lisa!
          I just home and jumped on the pc to see how you're doing! It's almost 8:30p--you can do this! Just put the TV on and zone out...maybe take a long shower or a nice tub--or just pack it in and go to sleep... I have to say that for the first few weeks I was abs I slept ALOT! I would feel exhausted at 7:30p...and I just pampered myself and went off to bed....

Please know that we're thinking about you and sending you good vibes--you will feel SO good tomorrow if you don't drink...and, you know what? Abstinence is like a muscle--the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets....9 days tomorrow! Nine, 9, nine, 9, nine, 9!!!!

Keep checking in!
          :l :l :l :l
          susan
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Susan that is SO right

Lisa - you will be knackered.... your body is expecting something that you are not giving it..
            Well done on the not ordering room service (wine) or going and having a few at the bar there.

DAY 8..... That is fabulous.... Just keep that thought..

Chill tonight - watch some tv, if that 'thing' taps you on the shoulder - whack it with the nearest thing to hand... - then it's gone again.

You really are doing so well.... and think ... tomorrow DAY 9 under your belt.

My smilie central has deserted me again otherwise would have had little guys leaping around for you XXXX

Sending big hugs to you :l ( know that hug wasn't very big on screen - but can you feel your ribs being crushed !!!!! )

Lots of love and I will be thinking about you.

Liz
            xxxxxxx
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Hang tight, Lisa, you are doing great so far!! I could just FEEL you walking past all those temptations from your descriptions! I felt like I was in your shoes! Great job! You WILL want to sleep a lot. I like to read, so I have found a good book to be a great distraction from the urge to drink when I'm curled up in bed.

Anyway, it is good to see everyone being so wonderful and supportive here to each other here today. It just makes me smile!

Lots of love,

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Kathy:

I sort of pop in every so often to see how everyone is doing. I hope I can offer what little I can to the group here, in terms of my own abstinence.

Susan had another great statement in that abstinence is like flexing a muscle. It's only taken me 30 years to get where I am at now. It took me about 5 years to go from being an occasional drinker, to an every night getting obliterated drinker. Then it took 30 years to get where I'm at now. During 2004 and 2005 I was keeping close track of every beer I drank. I gave up the hard liquor in 2003, because it was starting to really knock me down bad. So I sort of ramped down over a period of two years, until I could go about 2 weeks at a time between drinking bouts.

Right now is the longest I have been sober since I was 15 years old. My first drunk was in September of 1972 I think, and I was 16. Mogen David Blackberry wine it was. A whole bottle. Two weeks later, I did it again. I remember going to many high school events when I was a senior, being bombed. It was not long until I got a real taste for Canadian Whiskey after that. You could buy it at 18 years old in Texas back in those days, before the 21 laws.

So now, I feel pretty good at over nine months sober. Still, it takes daily work on the self, the soul, to keep my sights on the goals.

For all the struggles every one goes through, and writes about here, I can identify with almost all of them. Moderator or abstinence. Some stories break my heart, and I feel badly for those who stumble to their goal and fall for a bit. I still want to say to all those who falter, that it's OK. Just please keep getting back on your feet, and keep trying.

Comment

Sunday September 17th

crisis over

Oh thank you all for those wonderful posts and well wishes. Triggers are so strong. I go along just fine and then bam! I get in some kind of situation that for some reason my brain says 'yes go ahead you can drink if you want to' and it is just not good. It is 9:44...I worked on a report and now my room service just arrived-
                  grouper, lettuce wedge with blue cheese and a DIET COKE. I had to write to you all first though.

I'm good now. Amazing how just reading all your encouraging words kept me here in my room and resolute. Going downstairs to the lobby bar was 'not an option' I did walk by it again though. I went to the gift shop for a diet coke earlier and peeked in. Two ladies in there with fru fru drinks and a couple of men watching a game drinking beers. I even pictured myself in there with a glass of wine and then I walked straight to the elevators.

I cannot thank you enough - thanks to your help I will wake up in the morning feeling good.

ok...grouper is getting cold now gotta go.

thanks
                  :l :l :l

Lisa

Comment

Sunday September 17th

Way to go, Lisa! Yay! Yum grouper, can I have some???

xtexan, I hear you. You and I are "of an age", back when you could legally drink at 18. I appreciate the effort that you are putting into your sobriety and the fact that you are sharing it with all of us!

Otherwise, nitey nite, all! Yawn. See you all tomorrow! Sleep tight!

XOXOX,

Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday September 17th

YAH
                      can drink here at 18 - that is the problem.....

Although I didn't drink till I was about 27

Love you

xxx

P.S hoorah for Lisa Good Girl. xxxxx
                      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Working...
                      X