Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Daily : Tuesday, 10th NOvember

Hello abbers,
    well Tuesday is a good day, I have had been able re-visit the toolbox last night, and surround my senses with everything that will keep me focused on my goals.
    Two things i realized that I was not keeping up with when I messed up on Sunday was that I didn't log onto this site on Sat/Sun, but I should have, and that I was behind on my daily journal. I plan on keeping those two things close to me everyday, as I know it helps me so much. So babble here I will!

Also, thanks for your posts, I know this site, and everyones generous sharing helps beyond realization!

One of the hardest things my sorry self had to do on Monday was to log in here and Admit I had to start at Day 1 again. I am grateful I can feel accountable for my goals here, thanks guys, this will be a good thing.

Hi Leelou:l ~ I'm glad your back , I had 3 sips of wine , so I guess I'm starting over with ya !!!!:h Em
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Morning abberooooooos!!!!

Yep leeloo, This site is great for re-focusing as you are surrounded by people who are or working towards being sober. You can come here and say "HELP! I feel like a drink." And people will come to tell you why you should not. You too, em.

Think before you drink.

Yeaterday, talking to FH I thought to myself "You make me want to drink". I won't but part of my learning curve is to realize that he always did and probably always will. Perhaps that realization on whatever level of consciousness is what is moving me to career change. Yes, DG, sign language. I know in my heart that is my next step, and I'm trying to steer myself (even though I know I have little control over that in the big picture) to the private sector. I really don't want in the public school system again and have already encountered a wall to climb to achieve that. So instead of climbing it, I think I'll try to go around it.

Irish has a good post in gereral today titled gratitude. Take a looky.

Be grateful for whatever today brings you. I am grateful for all of you!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi Everyone, I had planned on getting here everyday but I have gotten home so late
        from work the past few days that it has not happened. I feel really good right now with
        really no desire to drink - but this is when I think I really have to stay focused and not
        forget to not forget to keep focused on my alcohol problem. It's funny when you feel good
        it is so easy to completely not think about it. Not that you should obsess about it but just
        to keep it in your head so when an urge to drink does come along you can deal with it better. This time around I am realizing that that is a huge mistake I have made in the past.
        Hope everyone has a good day with not too much of a struggle. Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for the startup Leelou! Glad you remembered the Tool box, it's always a great place to look for guidance when you're wavering. I pretty much lived in it my first week

Em, I don't think 3 sips counts as a slip up.......wondering why you felt the need though. Were you testing the waters a little??? For me, those 3 sips wouldn't be a test - they would be a great big push to the other side, a place I never want to go to again

Greenie, is teaching in your future? I wish you great luck with your career move!
          I'm reading a book now called 'Thanks! How Practicing Gratitude Can Make You Happier' by Robert A Emmons, ph.D. Gratitude is good for us but something we forget to incorporate into our daily lives when we become mired down with other stuff.

Well, I need to play catch up today. I was feeling under the weather for a few days, fell a bit behind in the work dept.
          Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good day everyone! Leelou, thanks for getting things started today. Good job on thinking through the weekend drinking to see what can be done differently next time. The fact that you are looking at things in a detailed way to change your game plan is good. I think that will be much more effective than a more general "I'll do better next time..." approach.

Emmy, good that your choice to drink ended after 3 sips rather than a huge bender. Have you given thought to what happened, and how you will make a better decision in the future?

Greenie, thanks for pointing us to the Irish post on gratitude in general. That's a really good post!! I printed that one out to hang up in a prominent place. Greenie, I can't wait to hear about the new directions your life is about to go in. Your transformation has been truly inspirational, and I'm so grateful that you have shared it with us here. You give me hope that the best in life is yet to come for me too!!!

I'm still battling this cold. Mr. Doggy is coving my Tuesday leads group today which is nice. I plan to do some office clean up / catch up today and then take a nice hot sauna and then extra rest like yesterday. I hope this grunge is knocked out before the weekend. Otherwise camping (even Hilton style in the camper) and watching a dog event will be more misery than I care to sign up for LOL! One day at a time.

One thing is for sure - no "hot toddies" to make me "feel better" (not) today.

Deter, I'm going to spend a little time finding you and Dx and nice new puppy and dog training club.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yes Lavande. I was a teacher in another life. :H Really, I was a spec. ed. teacher. Elementary age emotionally handicapped, some autism. I want a diff population now though. I don't think I want to wrestle kids to the ground any more. :H
              sigpic

Comment

Good Morning!
                Leelou, happy you are bath on track....and quickly!
                Greenie...your new career focus sounds interesting and exciting!
                Emmy, 3 sips? For me, one sip would be playing with fire! Good for you on stopping at 3 sips.....be careful!
                Aqua...good for you...staying focused!
                Lavende and DG....always enjoy hearing what you both had to say!
                GRATITUDE......is so Powerfu! Funny how alcohol destroys any and all thoughts of gratitude! I am grateful everyday....for living sober....At Last! For all the love, comforts and challenges that each day brings! I am grateful for all of you who help keep me on track!

Have a Great Day All!!
                xx Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Oops...Aqua sorry that I missed your post and Lav I think we cross posted!

Aqua - I think when people talk about "complacency" it's what you are referring to. Getting to a comfortable spot, neglecting to take daily action related to sobriety, and then BLAMMO we are vulnerable to the "AL thinking" that somehow "a" drink will be OK. For me, I must must must do SOMETHING each and every day to keep my sobriety front and center in my life. Check in at MWO, Daily Recovery Readings, AA Meetings - those 3 things I "like" to do every day. But at least one of them as a minimum. That's how I've worked with the problem you describe anyway. Good that you recognize it!

Lav, that book sounds interesting. Gratitude and getting "out of myself" by thinking of others first are fundamental principles in AA that have been very, very good for me. I can be one heck of a self centered you-know-what and that does NOT lead me to a happy place at all!!!

Kate - so...when do we get to hear more about the book?? That sounds so exciting. And yes....VERY grateful to you and to everyone who help forge the sober path here at MWO!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Top O the Tuesday AB-enators far and wide!!!!!

wonderful to see your smiling faces this morning. I will most likely be back on the road tomorrow so I'm savoring every moment at home with my dear Dx.
                    Last night I made a fantabulous Thai curry which is fantastic match to the decreasing temperatures here. Something nice about most Asian cuisine is that it doesn't pair very well with wine. Hot tea is the proper traditional pairing...so that's nice
                    DG, I'd looooove a puppy but really need to be home more to care for it. some day soon I hope.

be well everyone
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello. I am waiting at the gyno office. It will be an interesting visit with my Dr about the bhrt and I'm trying to get the nerve up to ask them about what counseling services they offer. Will have to admit my past history of alcohol abuse which is kinda hard cause I'm sure he thinks I'm perfect!
                      Wish me luck!

later......

I did it! I have an appointment with a counselor Friday morning! I think I am going to have to make some notes as to what to say. I could tell my Dr. was concerned that my husband would not consider counseling also, but he said he is really proud of me for quitting drinking and smoking and that it would be great for our kids. This will be very scary for me.......
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT, kudos for being brave! I'm sure this will open an enriching chapter in your lives.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

LVT, I am so happy for you taking this step! I know it is a scary thing to do, but I think it will be a very positive experience for you and you will be glad you did it.
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

LVT, That's great!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

LVT!! Good for YOU!! You are really taking fantastic steps to enrich your life and the lives of your children! You, Rock!!
                              xx Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X