Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday September 21

Hiya Everyone,
    Still not enough hours in the day, and i think your right CV it's all catching up with me. I fell asleep again this evening and just woke up now...
    Barb, brilliant to see you back, i dont know how long you've been back i haven't had chance to catch up yet...And the longer i leave it the further behind i get....I think your right though, i think a lot of us are all or nothing people..And your right it is do-able.
    Gabby i would have done this weekend but you are right to have asked Bubba...I have been far from reliable recently. No fault of my own but a fact none the less.

I got another tatoo today. I got lisa and all the kids names on my arm, but didn't have Callums yet ( the little dude in the kitchen sink) so i got his name today.....My arm reads like a telephone book now......Do you know when you got a sore toe or finger or anything, the kids always seam to home in on that spot and knock it every 5 minutes.....Well thats been me today.....( I'm dreading my vacectomy)
    Apart from that i hope everyone is okay....Sophiah, will be thinking of your son...Take care Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday September 21

hi there Xtexan
      Paul McCartney is from Liverpool - so not cockney - he is a scouser. Where my parents are from. X

God bless him. He is a GOOD man. Unlike the Goldigger...
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Thursday September 21

SCOUSE is stew - with meat in it.
        Blind scouse is stew - without meat, because people could not afford it.

Talking about Liverpool now.

Other people may call it a casserole !!! hee heee

WE call it Scouse

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Thursday September 21

X TEX

I do Welsh quite well- .... my prob is that if I spend more than 30 mins in a persons' company then I pick up their accent ,,,

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Thursday September 21

Mack, slow down - take a breath. Glad your family isnt' bigger, or you'd need longer arms!

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Hope life calms down for you.

Barb

Comment

Thursday September 21

Liz:

Sorry about that mix-up. Maybe I was thinking of Michael Caine in the original "Italian Job" movie. I really need to learn more about the UK. I really enjoy seeing the posts with some of the expressions unique to that area.

Someday, I will have to visit London, and ride that big wheel! Also want to visit Edinburgh up there in Scotland. Been saving like a madman for retirement, and hopefully it will come sooner rather than later, so I can really do some traveling.

I also have a standing invitation to visit a fellow across the water there in Dublin. My ancestry is partly Scotch/Irish and I always wanted to see the original lands. Funny, the other part of my ancestry is Cherokee, and I ended up moving to an area where they lived hundreds of years ago.

Comment

Thursday September 21

Sophiah, Sorry to hear about the stress about your son. I'll say a prayer. : ) for him and you.

Mack, cool on the tatoo. I dont have any of those but I wanna get one.
                Dont know what....or where. Still thinking. Like you....something regaurding my sons. The best thing I have come up is 3 suns close to my heart. hummm still thinking.
                Get rested up. That's what I wanna do to. Kinda draggie myself.

So Bambs is mayor for the weekend. I know she is happy. She gets to have the mayors mansion first.

Back to work for me. gabbs
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday September 21

Errr, nobody said anything about a bloody mansion.
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday September 21

Sophia, prayers are on their way. I'm tucking in a few extra for you and your husband, too--this is surely difficult for both of you, as well.

Macks, it's good to see you back. Yes, there is a Mayor's Mansion now, Gabbington made it up right here on this very thread! Now you're going to have to wait your turn to live in it! We'll definitely want you to be well-rested however!! Good luck with your surgical "activities" (:egad: snip, snip!!! ) Don't let anyone tell you you're not a brave man!!

Hey, welcome in as the new Mayor this weekend, Bambs!! Hope you enjoy your duties!! At least you won't have to post the night before or get up at the crack of dawn to write the first post!

Xtexan, nice to see you pop on in! I like your new way of counting days, too! I hope you didn't feel bamboozled into replying today!

CV, boy I've gotta admire your resolve, having to disappear every couple of hours to drink and eat herbs! What resolve!! Amazing.

Anyway, I'm off to sew some more, urrgggh. I am starting to get irritated at the least little thing. I know this means that I have had enough, and then more than enough! I will be so happy when this sh*t is over!!!!! I want to take care of me again, and I sure don't feel like I'm doing that very well. I am making sure, though, that I am taking all of my supps religiously, though. Okay, enough!

Love to all, and to any I've missed, please forgive the omission, okay??

Kathy:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday September 21

Oh mack......your havin a vascectomy?
                      I've heard its no big deal at all. Now thats not what my ex thought. He defintally thought it was absoultly the worst day of his life. Doesn't really think hes ever been the same since.
                      But I'm sure you'll be fine.
                      night all gabby
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hi everyone!! I'm happy to be home. Thanks for helping me stay tough on the road!
                        Driving home from the airport I started thinking that I did such a good job that I deserved a little wine to unwind and celebrate. When does that stop?? I'm guessing not for a long time But thanks again for all the encouragement. Tremendous Help!
                        I'm at my computer with two of my three babies sitting right beside me- actually on the desk on either side of the computer.

Mack- so sweet of you to get my name tatooed on your arm....and we barely know each other.
                        Oh....you have a wife named Lisa? Well, I suppose that makes more sense...

CV....I think a virgin hurricane is pretty much Gabby's avitar! I'm going again next week though so I'm happy to take orders for mardi gras beads or muffalatas. I was told today that Monday is basically a holiday in NO. All the offices are closing early so everyone can get ready for the reopening of the Superdome.
                        Kathy....just a little more sewing...and then it's all 'you time'. You are doing really well.
                        Bambs- congrats on the weekend Mayor job!
                        Hi Barb! I think I would have a very hard time working from home. Do you have a separate office and all that set up? Glad to hear about your foot - that's some good news.
                        xtexan.....I just realized how very very slow I am tonight. I think I'm pretty smart and I have an ok job etc.....I just now figured out your name is ex - Texan...as in you used to live in texas. that is right isn't it?
                        I kept thinking...such an odd name and I was pronouncing it like exetan for some reason.
                        Anway- wanted to let you and everyone know how bright I am I suppose. Read your guy's group post the other day- any guys respond yet? Made me smile - you are quite clever!
                        Gabby - Hope you have a great evening - and have a great weekend off

Ok...this is looking like a novel. I'm just so happy to be home!
                        Now I'm going. Everyone have a grea9098(that was allie kitty cat passing over the keyboard).
                        Lisa

Comment

Thursday September 21

I'm back!!

Hi Abbsville,

I'm back from Las Vegas, and boy have I missed you guys!

I had expected that I would have wireless access in my hotel room, and that I'd be able to read and post at least a little each day. So I schlepped my laptop down there, through security and on multiple airplanes (I thought I'd be using it for keeping up with work email too). Then I found out the hotel, which I was paying $195 per night to stay at (discounted conference rate) wanted $12 per day for me to have an internet connection. Call me cheap, but I wasn't willing to pay it. They also wanted $4.95 if I took advantage of the bottled water they conveniently left in the room for me.... Grrrr.

Anyway the conference was good, and I enjoyed my time there. It was a challenge to keep up with the supplements not being at home.... and boy oh boy does the liquor flow there. Not just that it flows in Vegas (obviously it does) but there were nightly events at the conference, several of which had open bars.

I did pretty well for the most part. However, I did slip up, fairly badly, one night. (eek! sitting at a slot machine, the free drinks kept coming.....) Luckily, I didn't make an ass of myself in front of my co-workers and I made it to my room without incident. Didn't drink for the rest of the trip. It was interesting to watch people "loosen up" after a glass of wine or two at the parties -- knowing that it was an artificial form of "fun" -- and recognizing how I've done it myself countless times. It was also interesting to see just how STUPID people got after the 4th, 5th, 6th glass -- and realizing how often I've done that too. Very unattractive. (But at the time, you feel sooooo beautiful.)

Anyway, I set out with a goal of complete abstinence for September and I've obviously hit a couple of bumps in that road. However, I am very happy with my progress. My number of drinking days this month is drastically down from any month in the past year or two, and I'm much more aware of my feelings and triggers. I'm also gaining strength and insight from coming here, reading, and sharing my successes and failures. I may not be quite on the track I want to be, but I'm a lot closer than I was a month ago.

I will be spending some time catching up on what's been happening in Abbsville during my absence.... hope you're all well.
                          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday September 21

Hey Phil...sorry...thanks for the nice welcome back. Do you travel a lot for work? If so, how do you manage? Well, Happy travel day tomorrow! Good to be home
                            Lisa

Comment

Thursday September 21

Lisa:
                              I exercised, and went to bed early. I just took one 5-HTP capsule after exercising and watching CSI. Just woke up for a short, and of course I had to check out the forum.

You got it! My user name does mean I used to live in Texas. Thnaks for the compliment.

Mike:
                              Last time I was in Vegas, many moons ago, I actally stopped! Gambling that is, when I got ahead. However I keep drinking while watching a so-so floor show. Don't tell anyone, but I spent my winnings out in, er, ah, Pahrump the next day. I'll leave it at that. That's been ten years ago now.

Everyone else: My eyelids are slamming shut again. Back to the sack.

Comment

Thursday September 21

Gambling

I gamble like I drink - more is better!! I hit a royal with five quarters two trips in a row (one time came back with every penny of it). That's the last time I came back with any money.

Doncha love Vegas tho - all the free drinks you want as long as you are pi$$ing away money. I call them "$20 free beers". Always liked to play video poker at the bar. That way, you don't have to wait too long when you finish your drink to get your next one.

So, for about 300 - $400, I can get all the free liver-eating, jackass-making booze I want!

Barb

Comment

Working...
                                X