Saturday September 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday September 23rd

mike i agree that a partner might help,but he is not here so im on my own.but the thought of being more in control when i get to him is overwelming.i just fear that he will wait all that time only to get a drunken wife that cant function.not that im doing this just for him, but for our new life. getting to start all over is not something that most people get and the thought of blowing it gives me nightmares.

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

lucky im worried about sex in the food . hope you get this before you wright it in the book lol

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Mike.... sure i can fit you in any time. Shoe shine...hair tint,restyle and eyebrows to match!!

Lou-Lou x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Me too Mojo....I worry about blowing it...Think i have used up all nine lives already....Excellent point Mike....I think it depends on the partner....and then we go back to square one about if the person you are with is THE ONE.
          I dont know how i'd cope if the shoe was on the other foot....I cant honestly answer that....Think it depends on how much you love someone.....I'd like to think if i was sober and my wife was a screaming drunk i could be supportive....But you dont know......It must get really old ,really fast.
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

I've spent some time reading all the posts from yesterday. First of all, I want to thank Barb for her prayers for my son. I am thinking of relationships, too, having been in the same one for--God--39 years! I was 19 when I got knocked up. And so much of being in such a long relationship has been the capacity to endure the on-and-on-ness of it. Drinking and no drinking. Sex and no sex. Fun and no fun. I want, he doesn't. But last night--and this leads me back to my current preoccupation--I talked to my son about his new abstinence in Japan, where there is no support. I told him about this program, about how my life has changed. He's not interested in spending hours at a computer, which he doesn't even have, and he doesn't want to take meds. What he wants is AA. He wanted to talk to his dad, who has been sober for over 20 years and hasn't been to a meeting for 18. And I knew why a very long marriage was a good thing. I wasn't everything and could never be everything. We are a yin and a yang. At that moment, I wanted to fly John to Japan. Barb, bless her, suggested that my son should come home. I don't think I could get him to, even if he wanted to (he's 35). Besides, he's in love. Which brings up the question of relationships all over again. The human carousel. But reading yesterday, Mike's coming out, x's run, the reaching and the questions and the caring across all the space and time that our curious little machines and hands give us, and what we are doing for each other...well, that's a definition of the divine for me.

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Macks

Imagine what its like when you put two of the same kind together!!! that was the case with me and my ex...and its so sad cause in all other ways we were meant to be together and always had such lovely times. but we are both too weak too help eachother and always ended up egging eachother on and giving eachother excuses to carry on drinking....would never work, but it still cuts me to bits cause ill never stop loving him!

Lou x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Good morning Absville,
                The count down to the wedding day is starting. Seven days from today! Been busy but just had to jump in here and add a few thoughts about relationships.

True love is characterized as:

patient and slow to anger
                kind and gentle to all
                unselfish and giving
                truthful and honest
                hopeful and encouraging
                enduring and without end

This comes from a chapter called "The greatest gift"
                I have wedding "brain" this week with the one coming up and was asked by the bride's mom for a picture of us (groom's parents) when we were married. I was 17, he was 21.... That was in 1965! All this has me thinking..how did we make it?
                The list above is our goal . Also by the Grace and Mercy of a very loving Heavenly Father.
                Have we always been happy? I have to say NO...... there were and still are times we are downright unhappy. Those are the times when we have to let "The Greater Power" who lives within drive our "car" and we sit in the back seat and ride for awhile. Sooner or later we get up the road out of the valley and can see the sun shine again.

Got to run!
                Just had to check in. Don't know how much this week will be able to.

xoxoxoxo to all!
                Nancy & Belle:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

are you guys talkin about sex?
                  just a short read and I dont have time to get the whole thing
                  whats goin on in here?????
                  ahhhh....and here i gotta go to work! gabbs
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Good Luck Nancy...Busy busy busy....lovely words...Hope you pop back in soon..
                    Gabby....i thought your ears would prick up...(no pun)
                    Lou, i can imagine how it could become never ending....even if one of you tried to stop it would be impossible living with the other.....It sounds like you both had something special...that didnt stand a chance....Nightmare situation..
                    You never know whats around the corner.....

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

You hit the nail right on the head Macks...nightmare situation, best off apart and as iv said i gotta concentrate on me for a while before i even consider anything else.Thing is, i think thats my weakness..i wanna go back to my home...my bloke...my step son..i miss it all so much. but i know iv been a shit person and i dont deserve those things otherwise why would i lose them.....Sorry...properly on my pity pot there..lol!!!

Lou x

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

I didn't even say hiya to you Brigid....My manners are terrible....How are you doing?.....Good to see you still pop in Absville from time to time.....What day are you on?...You proberly lost count......Nice to see you again....Love Macks

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

It's not your fault....Its nobodys fault....None of us chose to be alcaholics......Your not a bad person Lou and you dont deserve what has happened to you.....
                          Like i said before...you never know what is around the corner...and sober Lou has a better shot at the future than drunk Lou.
                          I bet you still get your football team one day!

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

Aw...Macks, so sweet of you to remember that...i hope so too and i will not stop hoping.....i jus know id be such a good mum x x

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

I hope i do..cause sometimes i think thats all i carry on for..i want babies and i want to love and cherish them and give them everything i never had...never let them be hurt or feel in any way like i do now. Let them know that they are loved so much and never ever leave them. I see so much of that with my job and it breaks my heart every single time, if i'd been allowed my way i'd have about 20 kids living with me now!!!! I just cant stand to see people suffer due to selfishness x

Comment

Saturday September 23rd

OOOOPSSS!!!!

Sorry bout the slight rant there!!

Lou x x

Comment

Working...
                                X