Sunday September 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday September 24th

Me to Lou...belive me........Am a bit gutted i cant post pics to show her off.........Can you still manage your appointment tomorrow?
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Macks

Yeah..i think so, gotta try everything i can and ill have Bambs with me ( ill give her that hug for you) i am feeling better already but i know that i have to get myself properly sorted out...scary, but has to be done!!

Lou-Lou x x
      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Good Sunday Evening All,
        Had some computer problems so couldn't sign on til now and am once again blown away by the great posts!
        I have to digest all of these thoughtful words overnight. Everyone's honesty is so refreshing!!Despite the fact that we all live so far apart,and are all so different ,we all have so much in common.
        While reading all your post I'm sitting here nodding my head in agreement and that feeling of "yeah, I understand that because I feel (or have felt) the same way too". Introspection here is so refreshing as it seems to peel away the cover we (I) have put on my emotions for so long. I know in my case drinking dulls the emotions I don't want to deal with.
        Thanks for giving me much to think about.
        Janet

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Gina,
          I've been worried about you and wondering how you are. New job... things happening with you. I suppose its the nature of this journey that things do change.. and I suppose its both exciting and scarey and I hope it goes well with you and provides you something that you are looking for. Nice to see you back. Things that come to mind from me to you right now is.. that you have to be your own best friend and you are worth it. I have always believed in you for some reason!!!

Others,
          I agree with some of what has been said here about the closeness.. there is sort of a reliability here with you lot that is nice and cosy. Can you feel a word of caution coming?

I have found since I've been here that people do suddenly leave sometimes.. that is their journey.. and may be the best thing for them.. so make sure you are supported by more than just this... (and for the record, I have used this for a long time and I find it an enormous supplement to my sobriety, so I'm not saying give this up).

Brigid

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Brigid,

Point taken. I recall a while back your posting something to the effect that you felt sad or when people disappeared from the board, and that you really had to work to understand that they had moved on in their recovery, or perhaps had slipped back into their drinking. Either way, of course, that is their journey.

Now that I've been a more active participant here, I can understand where you were coming from. If I saw one of the "regulars" suddenly disappear, I'd be very upset by it. And I realize it's likely to happen sooner or later.

But the point you made is a valid one. And it's completely in line with the MWO philosophy: diversify your recovery resources. Or at least have backup resources. We all saw what happened when the website was down for 2 days.

Good to see you here. And good to see you too, Gina!

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Posting a little late in the day here, but just wanted to let y'all know I am still here.
              It is great to be able to check in with such a great group.
              Have a great week.
              Love and Peace,
              Phil
              Love and Peace,
              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Smart....smart peeps here. Brigid, such a good point and great timing. I'm glad your still here. gabby
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday September 24th

Hi All...I'm still here too....but posting very late. I spent 5 lovely hours in the Atlanta Airport tonight - weather delays. My 6pm flight finally left at 11pm. I read my book and talked to some very nice people so it wasn't to awful.
                  Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day/weekend.
                  I'm sure I would be very sad too if someone just went away and I didn't know what happened to them. I have started to feel like I really know everyone here.
                  I have not shared with any friends that I have a drinking problem much less that I have found this site. However, I have to say that I have been on the phone talking with a friend and have wanted to say 'oh, I know what you mean, Kathy was just talking about that...or Mike said ..." and then I realize they know nothing about you guys! I have started thinking of you all as friends. But I suppose that is one of the downsides or risks of doing this online. I have gained so much from being here - especially over the last few weeks. I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing and I have learned so much and have felt more support that I could have imagined.
                  And tonight while I waited for 5 hours in the airport....I did not give myself the excuse to have a few....I sat there and read and knew I could come tell you all all about it later!

So have a good night - hope you all have a very happy Monday.
                  Lisa

Comment

Working...
                  X