Wednesday September 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday September 27th

After seeing all of this I wanted to send a message to Liz. She is not accepting any
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

HI all,
      I have no idea what happened because I missed all of it, but Bambs is missing from the members list and I believe she has been banned by RJ. She is not allowed to receive any messages because she does not exist on here anymore. I am going to e-mail her private e-mail to see how she is doing and hopefully she will respond.
      Camper.
      Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Rachel, she cant cuz she is like shutdown. She does have an aol address.
        Mike, I completely hear ya and agree. I just get attached and am a goof.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Rachele, that is so funny. I thought the exact same thing about Mojo's avatar. I thought it was some lagoon creature and it took me forever to figure it out. That's funny.

I also wanted to say I agree with Mike wholeheartedly. This is a public forum that is here to help people, and while there are bound to be disagreements between people (or words getting misconstrued) that is what we have private messaging for. A lot of hateful threads have been started that should have been PMs sent directly to the targeted people. And when reasoning with the starters of these threads does not work that becomes very inflammatory for a lot of people. I do not want to scare off new people because every new person can perhaps offer something to each of us to help us in our journey.

Have enjoyed your conversations on cravings here in absville , and as usual find you all very inspiring. I am working on day three AF because remember I am your irregular regular! Have a great day everyone!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Lush, I do agree. I would always just cringe as I saw things coming...but still. I can not harbor ill feelings, not that I am saying anyone is. I know we are all human. And I know that limits need to be set. But still....when the good in a person is as strong as the not as good. My heart has a hard time of it.
            This in me I think is just huge compassion. Once my pastor of my church said to me reguarding anther situation... Perhaps I am compassionate to a fault. But I could have worse problems. (hee hee, of course I do)
            It does help to talk about it tho.

And I must admit that my heart is also heavy for anther reason. Its grief. An old grief but a powerful one. Tomorrow is the 19th anniversary of my mothers passing. Amazing to me how it still has great weight. I am glad for this program and where I am in my recovery, cuz I would be drinking today any other year. I'll write more later. Gotta beat the clock right now. gabbs

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Hi all..

I too feel a bit sad today, it doesnt seem quite the same without her but i have been speaking to her on the telephone and i think she knows that she has a lot of support here, she also has peoples private emails and they have hers so she wont be alone.

Have been doing my staying away from the computer thing for most of today as i still have that little devil on my shoulder telling me to drink when i sit here. Also feeling rubbish as i still cant eat properly...my digestive system just doesnt seem to be getting better all i can manage are a few tiny mouthfulls at a time...and even that is a huge struggle. So not really a happy bunny today im afraid!!

Hope you are all well

Loves

Lou-Lou x x x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Hiya Again,
                Brigid, can see what your saying about accepting who we are...I've got a habit of thinking i know what other people think...When in reality it is usually the opposite...Good or Bad.
                Kathy knew what i meant by saying she was perfect..And if it turns out shes a 6ft blonde with huge knockers...Sod the sentiment im gonna buy her a plane ticket....:H
                Gabby, gotta say i'm at the same place you are...Its difficult...Liz is a part of our family here in Absville..And i dont use the word FAMILY lightly....I interact more with people here than i do with brothers, uncles, cousins ,Aunts....Bloody hell....I dont even speak to my Mum & Dad everyday...But i'm reading what You said when i'm having my breakfast....What Mojo and Lisa are upto when i sit down for a cup of tea...and the list goes on......Absville IS a Family....and its real....And when somebody goes....Its very very sad.
                Lou, i feel really sorry for you, you cant seam to do anything without it being a catch 22....You need the computer for MWO but associate the computor with drink....Sorry your feeling down...might be an idea to get some vitamins while your appatites bad....Thats if your not already....I hope things pick up soon.
                Lush, good to see you in Absville, i agree that pm-ing more frequently would stop a lot of flare ups...oterwise everyone seams to get involved...and the battle starts...
                Hiya Happy
                Imagine, i am completly in the same boat as you...The nostrils looked just like eyes...reminded me of a Jawa from Star Wars....Ooops...Let my geek side show for a sec.
                Mike, I really enjoy reading your posts, to me you come across as a very deep man, who puts a lot of thought into everything, and i'm glad you are here...I whole heartedly agree that alcahol is only a part of the problem....If we can find out why we turn to alcahol....and get to the underlying issues...Then i think recovery and avoiding slips would be so much easier.
                Janet, I know what the frenzy is like, and like you i get snook up on by them....Hopefully with time we can learn.
                Nancy, i think you are absolutly spot on.
                Susan, hope the service went well.
                Kathy, how tall are you? ( men can flirt too )
                Barb, i hate bullies..Do you want me to go round and rough him up a bit?....Well done with the weight...And thankyou for the compliment.

And a partridge in a pear tree...........Love Macks:l
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Macks..you are such a sweet guy x

I am taking lots of vitamin B supps but i think your right and i need to get more of all the other vitamins as im really hardly eating anything..also i dont eat meat anyway. My poor nanna bless her is trying to feed me but i keep bringing the food upstairs and chucking it after a couple of mouthfulls...not healthy i know, think i may have swapped one obsession for another (not for the first time in my life) I just dont get how this gives me a feeling of control...its almost like im just continuing to punish myself but in a different way. Anyways...enough of my rantings!!

Loves to all

Lou-Lou x x x
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Just as an after thought guys....why do we (well me certainly) think that if we are thin then we will automaticly be happy??? I think its so sad that society drums this in to us...and yes i may look in the mirror now and be thin and all my clothes may be too big for me...but why is this deemed as a good thing??
                    In all honesty yes i may be thin but i look like crap cause im not eating or getting any nourishment...and i am too thin, i can see this but still feel a sick sense of victory that i once again havent eaten today...Hmmmm hopefuly thought provoking

Loves and sorry if this may have upset anybody

Lou-Lou x x x x x

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Member access

Re: banning

I understand the sentiment here and believe me, I do not take member banning lightly. Anyone who's been here a while knows our policies are extremely lenient--they always have been--and I've been criticized because of the repeated disruption it sometimes causes the board.

However, if and when this forum becomes detrimental to both the health of a member and to the community itself, something's gotta give. Keep in mind that extenuating circumstances may come into play. I can't allow this board to ever become a catalyst for someone's health worsening instead of improving--that's not what we're here for.

Also please remember that this message board is provided as a service to *everyone*. Think about how you felt when you first started out. The board was probably foreign and intimidating. You may remember combing through messages and finally gaining the courage to post. Someone may have extended you a warm welcome or other words of support. Imagine instead coming upon the board for the first time to find members involved in vitriolic exchanges, arguments, provocations and accusation of horrible things.

I know the reaction of potential new members because I've heard from some of them. Hundreds of guests visit our site each day looking for help. And in a way, *they* become the ones who are banned from the board because they want no part of it. The help they could have gotten, the new friendships they could have made, the support they could have ultimately provided to others here--it's gone with a simple click of the mouse.

I don't know if everyone here read all of the earlier threads and posts, but what happened a few days ago was unacceptable. And I will not make apologies for temporarily preventing members from participating here when that kind of thing transpires. I agree we all come here to seek help and hope to find it a non judgemental, supportive environment. But no one is supported in a situation like the one we found ourselves in the other day. And it wasn't the first time.

I have been in touch with Liz regularly; in fact we just emailed a couple hours ago. I am sharing some resources with her and trying to provide as much support as possible. Like you, I believe she has a big heart and a lot to offer. And like you, I know she wants to get better. I'm doing everything I can to help her in that effort. In fact, during this time I've let her know she can pass along to me any member names whose email she doesn't have so I can get her re-connected.

My intention has never been to preclude anyone from participating on this board. It flies in the face of what we're all about. But it's important that those who find themselves here also find a place that's beneficial. And ideally, a place that offers some measure of civility.

Thank you all for your compassion and your continued concern for others here.

RJ
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Macks,your "partridge in a pear tree" post has me laughing so hard that tears are rolling down my face. Your kids and wife are lucky to have a father and husband with such a sense of humour.
                        Lou, you are right!!! So often we do obsess about our weight unnecessarily. I will bemoan the weight I put on after drinking (I'm not overweight) yet ignore the harm I'm doing to my physical health,mental health and my spirit. I hope you are feeling better and that your appetite returns( along with an uplifted spirit)
                        Once again great posts from everyone. I think about them all day.
                        Hopefully can post early in the A.M as then I'm off til Sunday to visit my son at college. It could be a "slippery road" with many meetings and cocktail parties. I hope I can be a stong as Mike and Lisa were when they travelled ....and I'm not even going to such fun places as Las Vegas and New Orleans!!!!!
                        Janet

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

RJ, I know...I know. Please believe me, I really understand. I have nothing but respect and admiration for you and what you have done here. I harbor absoultly no bad feelings here at all toward anyone especially you. Thank you for all you have done. hugs, gabby

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

RJ, I applaud you and appreciate you for having the courage to do what is right. Thank you.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

End of the Evening....

Heavy day here, today, with all the news about Liz and everything..... RJ, I understand. I've been hoping that Liz could buy out of personality struggles and just get what she could from the board. This all makes me very sad. But you have to do what is best though....I support you. I miss Liz though! She can have a temper, but she is also quite sweet, our Lizzie Mouse!

I am way too tired after work today to respond to everyone, but I must say something special to Macks! Don't be in any big rush to buy that plane ticket, love! For starters, I'm only 5'4"! We can discuss the rest some other time!

XOXOXOX,

Kathy:l
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday September 27th

Camper, I will try to email Bambs by private email as well. She was a lively and lovely presence here. So sad she was banned. She helped me in many ways. The Powers that Be have the ultimate decision regarding matters like this, which I guess must be the way.
                                I have had quite a time dealing with a job change sober. I am experiencing much anxiety having to be employed by a private MD vs a large hospital where I had a lot of back up. I feel all it would take is one wrong move and I'd be fired. Never felt so insecure in a position. Know that much of it is unwarranted worry. Today was a good day. I had a busy schedule to keep my mind off of things!
                                Gotta get the cupcakes out of the oven. Baking lots for our annual church/school fall festival coming this Fri thru Sun.....

Comment

Working...
                                X