Saturday September 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday September 30th

Night Macks - sorry you had a tough day - you did geat though! And tomorrow will definitely be better.
    I bought wine for my dinner tomorrow night. It might be a little tough tomorrow - but maybe not--arrrrggghhh. ok- probably tough.
    Anyway....hope everyone is off doing something fun and exciting.

Neil....got my trainer assigned today- didn't actually work out... pacing myself.

Going to rent a video now
    Lou- you doing ok?

Lisa

Comment

Saturday September 30th

Kathy!! Did you get your paperwork and bills done? I'm a little jittery today - even after the manicure/pedicure and then a massage!
      I need to do some paperwork too - expense report for new orleans for one thing- just not in the mood.

Hope you're having a good evening-
      lisa

Comment

Saturday September 30th

Oh Macks, how well I know that feeling of choosing not to drink, but still wanting to, and going crazy with the ambivalence over it. It's truly maddening. I have sometimes just gone to bed to escape it as well. It's better than giving in and having a drink, and I've always woken up glad that I didn't drink. Hope you feel better in the morning. (I'm assuming you'll get up Sunday and read this.)

Lisa -- I just got my expense report for Las Vegas turned in today. Aren't those fun???

To Kathy and Barbara and Lou and everyone else -- hope you have a great Saturday night. Oh, by the way, last night's snow has melted but not to worry, we'll have more soon enough! Come on up and we'll make some fabulous snow angels!

Mike
        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Saturday September 30th

Melted already?? Poo....

Oh, I just noticed I passed the 500 post mark. Do I get a prize??? Or a boobytrap for being such a talky girl?? My mom bought me a "Chatty Cathy" doll when I was a little girl. Make sense, anyone? LOL
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday September 30th

As Alfred Hitchcock used to say...

Gooood Evening.

I decided not to stay the night in Memphis, as I think I have an inner ear infection on the left side. Was getting kind of dizzy and ill. I can't hear anything low bass out of that ear, and it hurts like an ear infection. Drove home, and found some antibiotics in meds cabinet. Took a little dramamine as well. Hope it clears up by Monday.

I found some special Shimano bicycle shoes for use with the cleats. I have a high-end mountain bike I made a sweet deal on a couple of months ago, and did not have the special shoes for the pedals. My other bike, the Schwinn, has regular pedals and straps. So I found a nice pair at a bike shop.

Also went to a Borders book store, and found some Beethoven Piano Concertos collection for a good price. A few books, and other things as well.

Hmm, topic of the day is dealing with let down. Many stories. Worst was when I broke up with the most gorgeous foxy girl back in 1982 I think. She was a fashion model, about 5' 10" tall, and just a real Barbie doll knockout. She drank like a fish, just like me. She also had anorexia. We were massively in love, and stayed together for two years. Long horrible break-up story best not delved into. Anyway, I got Scotch Whiskey drunk, and ended up punching a hole through the sheet rock in my rented apartment in a grievous rage of loss. I busted my hand pretty good. Yep, that was a real high point in my life. I will NOT be going there again.

Hey Lou: Hopefully the trainer just did some evaluations. I may make another post in Holistic about it, but getting base line numbers on heart rates, BP, fat%, muscle mass, water weight, bone mass, and lung capacity are good things to do before starting any seriousness. I have all my own instruments to do this, and I measure things to check my progress. A simple measuring tape and scale are basics of course.

Everyone else: The Dramamine is kicking in, and I had a long drive today. Think I will go nitey-nite. Be sure to be good to yourselves in the extreme this weekend.

Neil

Comment

Working...
            X