Monday October 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday October 2nd

Errr...Neil asked for that....He took my blood pressure and told me i was dead.....I was worried for weeks.
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday October 2nd

I know I know....but she's new and she said she was nervous. So least wait till she calms down for she knows what all goes on here.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Star a day

Every day during the month of August I put a star on the calendar when I finished a sober day. It really helped to motivate me. Right now, my calendar is opened to August so that I can look at it all day as a reminder. Can't wait to put one on October 2 tomorrow!

Barb

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Barb, I think that is a great idea.

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Hey all you Abbers!

Nobody told me that I would feel like a truck ran over me for a few days after the wedding!:H

Just been resting mostly today and playing it all over again in my head.
            I feel so blessed!
            Belle has almost forgiven me for leaving her at the "Pet Vet" Inn! She said "that was NOT funny"! I've promised her steak for tonight.

It's so good to see you all here.....it feels like "home".
            Welcome:welcome: new neighbors!
            Did we get the hotel up and running? I picked up some ideas from the Hilton Garden Inn this weekend.

I'm gonna head back to the sofa....I think I danced under the stars too long saturday night. I can't wait to see the video. The ceremony was just so sweet and then the reception was like nothing I've ever experinced. Did I already tell you this? I better go rest before I bore you if I did!

Nancy & Belle:l
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Hey Gabby you sweetheart - thanks for looking out for me- but dont worry - everyone can be themselves - 'cause i already read the abs board pretty regularly before so I already pretty much know what goes on aroiund here - so I already know all about all of ya! LOL!
              Hugs
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Hi All: I've been away from the boards for almost two months, very busy at work! I'm back now, I'm going on my 6 months of absville, the first 3/1 months were challenging, but according to my drug and alcohol counsellor it takes that long for the physcial craving to go and the mental probably longer. I only took Kudzu Root and L-Glutamine! I've finished the L-Glutamine, and the Kuduz Root is almost done! I've got determination, but legal issues had alot to do with it too!

Thanks for hearing me out!

Comment

Monday October 2nd

That is wonderful Bren! Great to have you back. Ya that mental craving is the killer one. I wonder how long before that one is gone.
                  Or if it ever is. Well....Welcome Back.

And Good Jenneh!

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Nancy, of coarse your not boring us....It sounds like the perfect day...I'm glad it went so well.....Also glad your back...We all missed you:l

Bren, pleased to meet you...hope to see you around....or are you staying in Absville?
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Barb,
                      I love that idea of putting stars(or whatever) on a calendar so that later on you can see how well you did.Can't wait to put my star(or check) on my calendar tomorrow!!! Then, in December I can check back and see how well I did in Oct.
                      Janet

P.S......My teenage children are torturing me (mentally)!!!!!!!!

Comment

Monday October 2nd

OMG! Spooky!

I have a collection of really pretty wineglasses, but they're really not practical. I NEVER drink out of them. They're either too delicate, or hand -painted with flowers and stuff--even some pottery goblets (lovely, but wine takes like poo when you drink out of them) or not quite the right size or shape, blah, blah, blah. But I had this one wineglass with a pretty kelly green stem, just the right size and held just the right amount (okay stop laughing at me!! Not HUGE, but definitely a LITTLE more than 4 oz:H ), the last of a set that I have had, and broken one by one over the years. I was just getting the cats their dinner, and I knocked it into the sink and it shattered! The night before starting ABS...... I am taking it as a sign from the heavens above that ABS the absolute RIGHT THING FOR ME TO BE DOING--my last very favorite wineglass is GONE. So now, my last glass of wine tonight will be out of a yucky glass that I don't like. At any rate, I'm now just waiting for tomorrow, a whole new day. I've been NOT admiring my wine tummy in the mirror and will be glad to say "goodbye" to it.

Been reading all the posts today since I posted earlier. Mike, I can't leave Absville! I know I haven't been very well-behaved since last weekend, but I sure know where I need to be! I am just happy that you will all have me, even when I've pulled an "Otis"! I'm just happy that you've left me free on my own recognizance to let me get my act together and join you again!

Janet, I am glad to see you again, my friend. I wish I had seen Robin Williams' on TV. I have always admired his great comic mind. I am glad that he is back on track again, as are you!

Jenneh! MWAH, MWAH! Your switch has been flipped, dahlink! You'll have ups and downs, but they will really be psychological! Just keep coming here, and we'll help with the psych part! I understand that you might be feeling emotional! After all, you are making a very big step here! I even felt that way when I broke the wine glass as mentioned above. It was really like a last link was being shattered!!! I freaking LOVED that damn glass!! Part of me wants to cry, now, except, I'm still rather awed that it happened tonight.

Hey Neil, congrats on your overall great bill of health. Isn't the blood pressure thing amazing??? I know that I go from borderline HBP to normal BP in the space of two weeks when I stop drinking. Anyway, I know your ear will feel better real soon, and I hope your butt feels better ASAP!:eeks:

Hey Barb, I hope your foot will just get better as you use it, or else, the pain will just become "background noise". Keep up the good work! Are you hoping to lose a few pounds during abs??? I know that I am. Maybe we can keep each other posted. I sure know that I am feeling bloated and yucky with just a weekend of over the top and another week of moderate drinking. Drinking at all and weight loss DO NOT go hand in hand!

Nancy dear, I am not surprised that you feel like you were hit by a truck! It's a big deal! My mom slept for 24 hours straight after I got married!! I think Belle won't make you grovel much more after the steak dinner! Hopefully, she's not like a cat, who will pee in your laundry when she's displeased!!!

Anyway, I hope I haven't missed anyone. I'm a little scared, but also looking forward to tomorrow. I'm feeling like I will be casting off some chains. I've got my cranberry juice, diet lemonade, diet gingerale, topa and supps all lined up. I might even buy some agnostura bitters and see if I can't create a new concoction with that to make something interesting to drink for fun. In New Orleans my friends and I used to have a holiday tradition of drinking "Old Fashioneds" on New Years Eve, which used Agnostura Bitters, and I am wondering if I can't think up a lo-cal AF fruity drink that might use them as a tasty fun drink. I will put my mind to it this week!

Well, love to all, and if I have missed anyone during this ENDLESS post, forgive me!

Hugs!:l

Kathy
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Janet, My teenage children have already tortured me and made me insane. At times I feel I have completely lost it. I go around talkin to myself and answering myself. The other day I even had an arguement with myself. And I dont know who won. When people ask me who Im talkin to I just pretend I'm on the phone. But the other day the phone actually rang and then I was really embarrased. Ah ugggh......I tell myself I will get through this. I'm so glad I have someone that understands. Thanks Janet.

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Teenagers? Talking to yourself?? Hey, I talk to my sewing machine, myself, my cats, all sorts of things. It's a good thing my clients don't see me when I'm "off duty"!!

Incidently, I have gotten the ABSOLUTELY MOST ADORABLE young female 22-year-old adult child of an alcoholic client in the last 2 weeks. Her dad hasn't had a drink since she was 6, but he is dry, not sober. She is going to be SO MUCH FUN to work with!!!
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday October 2nd

I talk to my cats and in anther voice I answer myself for them. Im serious. Who else does that. I know I cant be alone. I have complete conversations with them.

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Are you kidding me? I live with three cats....they all have their own voice - I can recognize them by their meow.... We have extended conversations on a number of topics - of course they are all interested in different things...they are pretty good listeners too only sorta kiddingLisa

Comment

Working...
                                X