Monday October 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday October 2nd

My cat, Monty, talks back to me. He says, "I love you. Now sratch me. No, not there, here, not there, now here, NO HERE! That's better!" Of course, out loud, it is just, "Meow, meow, meow!"
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday October 2nd

GRRRRR.... Ok my cravings are lessened, but not gone. Mondays are a trigger for me. Here I am, working late, and I would just LOVE to go home, and have a cocktail. But the thing is, of course, that I would not just love, "a" cocktail. I'd love 3, or 5, or 8.

So -- deep breath, Mike -- it's not an option. Get some food, go for a walk maybe. I'm going to pop an L-Glutamine right now. And there is an AA meeting at 8:00. Tomorrow you will feel so good about making it through Monday without a drink....

Mondays and Fridays are tough, I don't know what it is.

Anyway, thanks for listening! I feel better already!
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Monday October 2nd

I'm still around here mike. Your right, you'll be happier tomorrow if you choose not to drink. Food always does it for me. Or maybe some ice cream....yum. or a shake. ooohhhh. I hope this is helpin you cuz it isnt exactly helpin me. Do ya like Ice Cream? Gabbs
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Hey mike....maybe you need a cat. Have you ever considered that?

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Let's All Hang In There, Please!

Mike and Gabby, Please, hang in there please!! God I understand! I'm hardly in a position to ask anything of anyone right now. But anyway, I hope you're doing okay. What the heck is it with us anyway???

Maybe it's committing to ABS coming out undercover, but I've just been sobbing my eyes out over the story on MSN.com about that :durn: *ssh*le who just shot a bunch of Amish girls in Pennsylvania for goodness knows what crazy reason in some darn one-room school house. The "plain people" have very austere views, and I could never live their lives, but I admire them in some ways, and I can't get my mind around this absurdity. I've taken quite a few trips to Amish country, and I love their quilts and their carriages and their simple way of life, even though I could never live it. I am just devatated that some psychological fruitcake could go in there and do this!!!

Okay, I think I'd better cut and paste this to the rants thread!!

It hurts!

Okay, I couldn't manage to cut and paste it. Don't know why, so I guess it will just have to stay here. My heart is crying though. Those innocent girls!! :boohoo: Dear Lord in Heaven!

Comment

Monday October 2nd

You know Mike...if you have one cat you might as well have two. Good little heaters for the winter too
              lisa

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Kathy...I saw that about the Amish girls...what the he*# was that?Rant away.

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Still working - bugets- it's that time of year. I just heard that I may have to go back to New orleans .....for the next two weeks! I can't do it. :upset: Obviously I am tired and can only post one thought at a time

Can I please go to bed?
                  Lisa

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Thanks for the suggestions and the encouragement, guys. Today's craving (which I would classify psychological rather than physical) rated 4.7 on the Richter scale and peaked at about 6 PM. After "venting" in my earlier post, I took a short but vigorous walk, came home, ate dinner and *poof* the craving is gone. [Thank God I didn't have to bring out the big guns, Gabby: ice cream! Yes, I do like it!]

And I would love to have a cat or a dog. But my current living situation doesn't allow it. Hopefully when the lease runs out on this apartment I can change that..... I miss having a 4-legged companion. Lisa -- I used to have 2 HUGE cats. They weren't exactly fat, I thought of them as "big boned." And on cold winter nights, I loved it when they would snuggle up on top of me and keep me warm. The warmth and the purring would put me right to sleep....
                    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Mike - two of my three are also a bit 'big boned' too - they are all well schooled in snuggle. I'm about to round them up for bed.
                      Glad you did ok tonight - actually you did Great tonight. It can sure be tough.

have a good night ALL!!

Lisa

Comment

Monday October 2nd

nite all. gabbs

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Just had a nice counterpoint to the pain of the Amish post. My old New Orleans buddy, Robert, is in town. We are having lunch (AF!) tomorrow down in Wash, DC, and will maybe get together later in the week again! What a nice treat! I'm very excited and happy, but I have to also calm down, too. Robert remembers my ex and I when we were a new couple, very young and sweet and innocent. We were talking about that for awhile. Rather painful. Robert is a fellow therapist--I'm glad I can share that with him. We were comparing notes on how much weight we had each gained!! LOL!

Comment

Monday October 2nd

Kathy, that sounds fun. Cant wait to hear! gabby

Comment

Working...
                            X