Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday October 3rd

Hello everyone:

Felt like I needed to drop in, and tell you what's up.

Ear infection still got me on the down low. I've been walking like a drunk, because my balance is screwed up.

Thank goodness, I have plenty of practice at walking around with my balance all screwed up from years past.

A customer from out of the country is visiting the operation today, and kept me off the board most of the day. So I just went on a little posting spree in the other sections.

I want to go riding today, but with the inner ear messed up, it would be real dumb. So tonight is stretches. OH BUGGER! (I like those British oaths), no "House M.D." tonight, but baseball. Kansas City Royals are my long standing team of choice. Unfortunately, this year like last, they have the worst team record in the entire MLB organization. So I won't be watching the baseball tonight.

I will wear my KC Royals hat to work a day or two during the playoffs. You see, even when they are at their worst, I will still support them, and show my loyalty. It's the least I can do, for a team that won the series back in 1985. A miracle season for those guys, filled with miracles.

I'll wear the hat for you guys too. Just so you know, I'll try to be there for you when your winning, and when you are at your worst.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Tuesday October 3rd

Macks - I'm sure you are sleeping now, and I can't add much more to the posts of everyone else here.
      Just wanted you to know that is one of those set backs that you will have to accept, get past and and learn from. I can feel how much you want this and I know it is a struggle but I would put my money on you any day!
      I'ts one day, and not the end of the world. I will check for you first thing tomorrow.
      Sleep well -
      Lisa

Comment

Tuesday October 3rd

A Vision for the Future....

Just want to say a few words about Gabby's original post. I'm trying to envision myself in a year, AF, healthier, thinner and enjoying life. I imagine myself enjoying exercise and preparing and eating healthy food. It's an image that I use in the hypnotherapy. I do sometimes limit myself with anxieties, espec since I have had a number of slips now, but I also feel quite ENCOURAGED, since it does seem that a number of successful people here have had their share of failed attempts before finally achieving a longer term success. Perhaps that is a good thing, too, because those failures help you to NEVER take that success for granted.

I don't have a lot of profound thoughts tonight, but I am AF. I had a brief thought on the way home that a glass of wine would be SOO nice, but then I'd just have to start tomorrow, and I'd be one day farther away from my goals.

Brigid, thanks for worrying about me. I actually have more control in the situation with my ex than I've had in the last 15 years. I did spend my therapy today talking about the situation though. Actually, things are slowing down for me, which is why I'm starting ABS again now. I don't have major anti-cave plans in place, just taking one day at a time and using MWO as a support, and come here when cravings hit, not after the damage is done! I am going to be more vigilant taking my supplements and topa, doing the hypno 3-4x a week, and starting some exercise.

Macks, I'm sorry to hear that you drank. Mostly I'm sorry because I know how bad you're probably going to feel when you get up tomorrow! You're a good man, Macks, and a slip doesn't change that. I agree that you should make decisions about your drinking when you're drinking though.

Hope you feel better soon, Neil! And Gabby, now my friend is really just an old friend!

Anyway, I love all the feelings that everyone has expressed here today, but I am pooped! The first day of ABS is TIRING, darn it!! But I'm okay. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight! Maddy would say thank you for the happy birthdays--would you believe that I haven't even seen her yet??? She's out partying with her friends--she left before I got home from work.

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday October 3rd

Macks --

I hope you have a good night sleep and start fresh tomorrrow. I can't add anything profound here. You are an inspriration to me and I while I stopped posting for a long time, I did linger and read and WOW! What progress in you. You have so much to proud of. What happened this evening doesn't change any of that. Back on the horse tomorrow. You've come a long way. And I am sure Lisa knows that too!

Many hugs,
          Kate

Comment

Tuesday October 3rd

mackamus,
            go back to page one were you wrote this morning and try again with that thought!

much love,
            mojo

Comment

Working...
            X