Thursday Oct 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Oct 5th

Mack, how can ya call someone a name if ya dont even know what it is? I demand you back up your name calling.
    I hear ya spacie on the details. But mack, dont worry...I dont think you did so dont worry bout doin it again. (you zinko you....dont ask....just made it up)
    And Katie...I love that name...woulda used it for a girl. Spelled it like Katee. Happy day 2 and a half. You and mack stop bein freaked. Notin ta be freaked on. And use yer e-mail if ya want a spell check and c n p.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

AF yesterday!
      Day 6
      thanks nancy and others...think it's catching on

I should be working on my budget but I'm reading and re- reading everyone's posts. This has been great
      to refocus our attention not only on our goals but on the best way for us to help each other attain those goals.
      I have taken so much from reading here and I'm sure I may get something out of a post that others may not and vice versa. The posts from yesterday and today have made me think about what my goal really is with all this. I think long term, af is the road I need to head down (which is why I have been drawn to this board) but, I agree, I can't think months or years down the road just this minute.
      I still feel a little new at all this and frankly still a little in denial that I even have a problem - not sure how that is possible, but it is true.
      For that very reason, I need to stay right here. I need a place to say...hey, I'm in a dangerous situation (being in new orleans for one ) and need some support - push or whatever. I do better with positive reinforement personally but that is just me.
      I am unsteady in my resolve because I'm still new at even accepting that I truly have a problem. Coming here keeps me grounded and keeps the reality check going.

Not sure this added much to the subject of the posts today. Just wanted to say how I have benefitted from being here. I get so much from reading posts from long term abstainers too. It is exciting to see the possibilities and the result of keeping on this path. And at the same time I like knowing someone else is out there is on their second af week - someone knows the struggle I dealing with 'right now'.
      I think we need the mix of people - we need each other.

AFyesterday felt darn good too - Oct - Feb is about the most stressful time for me with work and then holidays on top of all that. Last year was not great ....this year I'm looking forward to it all and looking forward to it all sober. What a great gift to myself this year!

back to budgets ...again
      :h :l to everyone here
      Lisa

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

What kind of checklists? I can put something together!!!! I love that stuff! I love lists! You should see me alll bug-eyed at my screen! Fingers typing furiously away at 100 miles an hour! I've had too much coffee maybe..
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Well.....lets see here
          somethin like ya checked in for the day
          how many days total
          days sober
          days slipped
          days you were a plonker
          days you were a zinko
          days .......i dunno what else
          thats a start
          maybe we can add as we go

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Ya, maybe like a - what's it called? - like a powerpoint thingy - snort - uh oh Gabbs...
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

ya....ok

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Mack, you are not suggesting that my sweet little 16 year old would drink would you?? Or have sex or something?? Not my baby! I haven't caught him yet but I am not naive. We're working on the bribing thing - he gets a cell phone when he doesn't have anything lower than a C. He can't get a driver's permit until he has at least a B average. Nothing seems to entice him enough to do the homework.

That's what gets me - not that he can't do it but won't.

Barb

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Kate, being scared is not necessarily a bad thing. It encourages introspection. Most of the things we have achieved in life happened because of being scared or having to do something scary. Feel the fear and do it anyway.

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Hi all,

Again, another day of good, thoughtful and honest posting.

First off I don't want to be seen as trying to cause a defection by being the first to post over in the other forum. And I am not suggesting dividing Abbsville. I just think that it is possible to have both.

Kathy I appreciate your honesty about feeling somewhat uncomfortable at times coming here when you weren't necessarily committed to abs. Of course no one here wants you to feel that way. This place is specifically for those who are interested in abs, whether that be for the short or long term. You have been an inspiration to all of us here.

Similarly, no one here wants Brigid and Kim or others to stay away from Abbsville because they don't feel that it supports their goal of total and complete abs either. I would do the same thing if I found that my recovery being undermined, rather than strengthened, by the board.

MWO is a big enough program for all of us, no matter what our goals are. We don't want anyone to be excluded. Of course not each forum is going to fit each person who comes to the board. But everyone should at least find a niche somewhere. Some will go to just one forum, many will feel comfortable bouncing back and forth, and lots will be looking all over the board.

I, for one, plan to pay a daily visit to both the monthly Abs forum, as well as the long term abstainers forum. Hopefully there will be some others that will visit me over there as well.

I don't think that needs to threaten this community in any way -- but I do hope it provides extra support for those whose specific goal is long term abstinence, regardless of how many days sober they may have under their belt. I'm only on day 17 for this go-round, but am very certain of my goal. I get a lot from this particular community, and hopefully can offer a lot here but also want to try the other forum as well, if there are people who want to give that a try.

I do hope no one is upset by this. it's clearly the way the board is designed, and from the last 2 days of discussions there is clearly a need, if only for a handful of people. It's not about judging, or segregation or setting standards for others to meet. It's about people getting into groups with whom they have the most in common and help support each other along the way. And I think most of us will use both forums as we go through this journey.

Mike
                    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

AF yesterday
                      Day 2

Barb, i wouldnt suggest that for a second...Just saying boys will be boys.
                      Gabby, i was gonna retract my plonker statement until you called me a Zinko...In England that means i like to flash at old women in the park.
                      Lisa, Nearly got the first week under your belt

Ok everyone its time for my bed..I can hear it calling me....Mr and Mrs Macks are having a bed picnic...We put a film on...usually a horror...Get in bed with lots of chocolate...Not very healthy or good for the waistline....But its a great way to relax at the end of the day....talk and wind down...
                      Speak to you all tommorow....Its a great bunch of people here.................Love Macks:l
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Hiya Mike, we must have been posting at the same time....I havnt said thanks for your great support the past few days thankyou....The post on crutches vs tools made a lot of sense to me.....As for the two abs boards...i dunno...i suppose i'll just see how it pans out and then decide where i feel most comfitable...I'm not keen on the whole change thing....But i'm not the only one here....I can understand where your coming from though....You have a great way of explaining things...its a talent....Goodnight Mate.....Mack
                        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

I think we are gonna be out casts. minorities. stooges. The last to get picked for the absville games. I'm already getting called names. Names that dont even make any sense. Names that are unexplickible.
                          We might not even get invited to any absville parties or get any cookies.

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

hey..there's parties?..... I've never been invited to a party....hrumphhhh

Thanks macks!!! I love the applause

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Hey Lisa, I think you missed my party back in August. Maybe I'll have another for Halloween!!
                              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday Oct 5th

Crikey.

Kathy. Sleeping eh!!!! Whatever next!!!!!!!!! I'm half asleep myself today.. slept really badly, dont know why. I want to say how can you feel unwelcome when I love you so much.. but I know what you mean. It DOES all happen a day at a time and you are only where you are, just like i'm only where I am (and its not a competition) and the future is uncertain for all of us which us hardened abs campaigners often omit to recognise.

I remember so much how hard my first bit was. I dont think I'll ever forget that - there was a LARGE part of me that really doubted that I COULD do this and it was my strategies (of which this board was a part) that really helped me through. Hang in there my friend. I believe in you even if you dont.

Macks, well done for getting back on board. And remember to thank your missus for her help... we cant really do this without help, I fear... specially the help of ourselves and our loved ones... well, I couldnt.

Brigid

Comment

Working...
                                X