Tuesday, October 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, October 10

kathy...I thought my rambling and weight analogies had gone awry (how do you spell that?). oops
    I just meant ..I think you are doing great - that's it. Have a great sleep!
    night-
    lisa

Comment

Tuesday, October 10

First of all, let me apologize in advance if I miss saying hi to anyone. It has been a long day and I'm getting a bit delirious here. (Hey, delirious is better than drunk!! And I think I will sleep well tonight....)

And today's "bonus prize" goes to --- Nancy and Belle! And the prize is (ta -da....) an all-expense-paid cruise to Alaska! (Yeah.....) And this cruise is special, because you can bring dogs along. So pack your bags, and your doggie treats, and your tennis balls, and come on up!

I can relate to what you have all posted about wine (or insert your drink of choice) easing tension or boredom. I used it that way too. But the challenge is finding out how to achieve that without the chemical help. After all, we weren't born with a wine glass in our hand. God didn't create us with a need for the stuff. We somehow got along just fine without it for some period of time -- 10, 15, 20 years -- before we started using it, even casually. And there are plenty of people who are capable of relaxing and not being bored without wine or beer or vodka. So how to do it? That's the challenge.

Anyway, for those that are just starting, or starting over, this is a strange and wonderful journey, isn't it? I am entering undiscovered country with each new day. I'm so glad you are all here with me.

Hi to Lisa, Kathy, Janet, Brigid, and Lush! And OMG Gabby, we were about to send out the Absville Search and Rescue team for you!!

OK I better take a break here. To all a good night!

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday, October 10

Kathy, If I may be so bold, and I do not want this to be offensive at all because it is not how it is intended, and I would PM you but am thinking someone else might benefit from your answer.......why is moderation not a goal for you? It sounds like every time you do drink you are doing what I, and most other moderators, would be jumping up and down about with glee....sticking with 2-3 glasses. I am not asking you to delve into personal things with me if you do not want to. I am truly just curious. Being an outsider in your life I think that you are doing really well with this program compared to what you have said you have done before. You have had soooo many AF days that it has been inspiring to me. Have a good night!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, October 10

That is a good question, lush. I ran the Moderation board back in May, and I think that Moderation is a worthy goal, if you can achieve it. I would love to be able to Moderate someday, but I'm not sure that it is possible for me. Since joining MWO, I don't know that I have ever been able to go for a whole 30 days AF, as recommended in Moderation Management before Moderating. Granted, I haven't always had big "slips"--sometimes it was just two glasses of wine at a social event, but many times those two glasses would eventually lead to a week or two of drinking before getting on the ABS wagon again. Alternatively, the stress of sewing flags would cause me to fall off the wagon. And when I am drinking, I can EASILY put away a bottle of wine a day if I'm not careful, and sometimes more on weekends. It's a lot of work minding your intake like that.

I think that I really need to put together at least two-three months of ABS working ALL aspects of this program before I would even CONSIDER doing moderation. I think you have to have a lot of lifestyle stuff in place to support Moderation, and I am definitely not there!!

Over these past months, I have come to a place where I can see that a lifetime of ABS might really be easier than struggling on an ongoing basis with Moderation. I haven't ruled out Moderation forever. But I KNOW that I'm not anywhere near ready to give myself permission to try that at this point in time. Right now, I would probably drown in the wine.

Thanks so much for your kind comments, lush. Your faith in me made me smile, and I appreciate it!

Hugs,

Kathy:l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X