Wednesday October 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday October 11

Just wanted to share that I've "been in touch" with my "broke side" as Kanga says! I used a power stappler yesterday and today I got to use a two MAN auger with the hubby. Wooh-wooh! Tool time!!

What a good idea! Rubber gloves....I've spent a fortune looking for something that fit! Thanks Kathy!

Want to see the wedding pictures? Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the link!

More work now..........shelling two five gallon buckets of butter beans...this had better be it for this year!!
    Love you all,
    Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday October 11

Good Evening,
      Had a difficult evening last night but like those tough ones you learn. My husband came home last night and I could hear the wine bottles clinking together through the paper bag. Well, in sipte of myself, if I had been a dog I would have been wagging my tail. Now he was going to open the bottle and I would just have to have a glass with him. It would only be a glass(maybe two) and it really wouldn't be MY fault as he brought it home..... right?????
      He then announced that he had a sore throat and felt lousy and was going to bed. No he couldn't possibly have anything as he was sick. So he went to bed and left me with the bottles(which I did not touch) and the understanding that I am ready to blame him for my ambivalence about remaining abstinent. Yes, it is tough to be abs in a house where someone else drinks. The rest of my family eats meat and I am a vegetarian and I have no problem with that.Why do I have such a problem not drinking when my husband drinks???I know I am not alone with this problem. Maybe I have to take a bit more responsibilty for my drinking instead of blaming him.

To help me have an AF day I try to plan ahead so that after dinner is pretty much down time. If I am overwhelmed and have many chores I am tempted to drink so that I have "company" while working. The wine makes the chores less dreary so I try to organize myself so that after dinner there are few chores. Then I light a few candles and dim the lights. That relaxes me.
      If I am anxious or not feeling positive I now know that I must sit myself down and examine what happened during the day to cause this feeling. More and more I have to sort out my emotions.... put them in their proper place,deal with them or just toss them out. I can not ignore them, bury them or drown them.I have learned they will re-surface in a destructive way.
      Well, it's late and still many chores to do. No I will not drink but spend the next 50 minutes power cleaning and then call it quits.
      Have a relaxing evening all.
      Janet

Comment

Wednesday October 11

Hi everyone - I've been checking in and reading but too tired to add anything.
        Lots to think about.
        Hope you all have a nice peaceful evening.
        I'm tired so I will be calling it quits soon - worked until 2am last night and I don't do well on 5 hours sleep.

take care -
        goodnight

Lisa:l

Comment

Wednesday October 11

Finishing day 1. I can't remember how long it has been since I have been with a family member and didn't drink. It felt okay.

Night, all!

XOXOX,

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X