Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the Brits?

Jacksbug,
    I'm glad you found this site. I do believe you were led here. Keep bumpin around till you get the hang of things and you will find a lot of comfort here. Not to mention the mountains of wisdom and help. I know how ya feel as many others here too. Keep readin and postin. Your not alone.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Hey Jacksbug,

Hang in there and don't give up so fast! Keep reading and posting, and try downloading the book. There is lots of help here, not only from the community, but from the program and supplements. It is work, but you can get a handle on your drinking if you work at it.

As Gabby said, you are not alone. We have all struggled, made promises to ourselves in the morning and broken them in the evening!

Stay close.

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Brit here

Hi, I am a brit! I am registered but forgot my password. Is the All 1 thing sold in the UK? I have the book and want to do abstinence.

Comment

Where are the Brits?

You can order through this site. Click on health store.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Hey Unregistered,

You can make up a new screen name and a new password if you want to get registered again!

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Where are the Brits?

hi there i am also a brit,keep snooping about here every other day,not all that comfortable with navigating myself through all the boards(bit thick me)but could someone tell me how i can join abs thanks

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Hi Mary,

All you have to do to "join" Abs is to declare yourself one of us! Come on in and join the fun.

We usually have a daily post, started by our "mayor" (we take turns at this), and find that it's a good way to check in daily and keep in touch.

The board can be a bit confusing at first but keep practicing and you'll be a pro in no time. (The same can be said for sobriety as well!)

I'm an American but with Scots background -- Carlisle was my mother's family name, so who knows, maybe we are kin.

Take care~

Mike
                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Hello to Absville

Hi to my lovely friends here in absville

I have read posts from fellow Brits awaiting CD's and supps, - but hang in there.... I know it's like playing the waiting game, but once you receive them, you get a feeling of re-newed strength and determination.

It's just a shame that postage from US - UK ( and Vice Versa) seems to take eternity when you need it most.

I am probably a bit late in the day now, and you have received your parcels. I hope so.

It's wonderful here at Absville. Such support and camaraderie. It is fun, and yet we pull together in times of need.

Hey Mike - I wasn't far wrong when I first spoke to you re: coming from - Up North ... You Are !!!
                  From Wee Bonny Scotland - as is Maryt - The banks of the Clyde hey? - How far from Glasgow are you? - My brother has lived there for over 10 years and yet still speaks with his Wirral accent !!!

Thanks for your kind message Chrys. As far as I am aware... A heroin is a person whom one champions, Coke is a delightful drink, however I now prefer Pepsi Max. And Meths is methylated spirit - YES I have been cleaning my paintbrushes in it.... So I hold my hands up. Sorry !!!

Lots of love and look forward to reading all of your messages

Liz
                  xxxx ; - )

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Hiya Liz,

Long time no see...How are you feeling Bubbs?...We all missed ya.:l
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Where are the Brits?

Luvvin the pic !!

Are you feeling shaken - or - stirred? ( I bet someone has said that already ) Doh !!!

Just sent you a PM Chixter x

L
                      xxxx

Comment

Working...
                      X