Thursday October 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday October 12

Well I've made it through another day AF. No cravings, but then again I don't recall having any time for them!! It's been that busy at the office. I stopped at the supermarket on the way home to pick up a couple of grocery items and had a flashback, though. My old routine was to stop at this same store to get a bottle of cranberry juice, go to the attached liquor store for vodka and cigarettes, and head home. It was just a thought that went through my mind -- like, wow, I haven't done that for quite a while now. And I am SO glad! So many of those evenings turned out so ugly.... at least I think they did, from what I can remember. (Wanna know something sad? The liquor store clerk knew my date of birth by heart, because she had to key it into the cash register for every purchase....)

Anyway, I came home and took a nap and now I'm feeling refreshed. Hopefully I can stay up a bit later this evening and sleep a bit later in the morning. I've been getting up WAY too early the last couple of weeks.

So for those of you that had cravings today -- congrats in getting through them! You know it comes down to putting one foot in front of the other, even when you (momentarily) forget why you might be doing it. Eventually you remember your goal and are glad you stayed your course.

Take care out there and hope you all have a great night~
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
    X