Saturday, October 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, October 14

Hi absville. Just back from soccer games X 3. Long day! Days like this are easy to stay in the moment. Too crazy to think about yesterday or tomorrow. However, I am so guilty of dwelling on the past and obsessing about the future on many other days. It tends to paralyze me....renders me useless at times, which would lead me to drink. I have to make a concerted effort to stay in the present. Printing the post out now. Short post today. Gotta go rent movies for tonight and plan dinner. Happy Saturday! Gina:l

Comment

Saturday, October 14

HI everyone, just checkin in. Have a good weekend.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Saturday, October 14

I meanted to post this in Absville, but I posted on the long term abs forum. See what being away for a while does to the mind! Anyway, I'm also posting here!

Hey Guys - Remember me!

Sounds like Absville is doing great. I admire how you guys have all taken a turn at the leadership of this forum. There are some great thoughts everyday! I do read your posts every few days.

Susan, congrats on 6 months, that is an awesome accomplishment! You must be very proud of yourself.

Today is day 100 for me! I really didn't even know how long it was exactly and then I counted a few days ago. The thought of alcohol rarely enters my mind any more. I guess not much does or doesn't stay there for long with all these meds I'm on, LOL.

Tx has been pretty tolerable. I've had bad days, but for the most part as long as I rest when I need to. Kinda at odds with my doc now, long story, but he's not doing what I expect. I guess I only have 10 more weeks of this, so I can deal with it.

Just popping in to say hi and pat you all on the back for the great job you are doing for yourselves and supporting each other!

Marcie
        Marcie

Comment

Saturday, October 14

Good Sunday morning!

Well, everyone, this is hopefully going to be my first day of abstinence. Always a hard one, particularly when starting off on the weekend. I guess the first three days will be the hardest:upset: but after three days, and 10 days at least physical abstinence is achieved. Then comes the mental part.

Anyway, I guess you guys have been through that phase. I've been through it several times. Just have to keep busy I guess. The worst time is the evenings, when I sit at work and think, aaahh, now I get home and will open a bottle of wine (which I usually finish alone). Not feeling hungover in the mornings, but totally bad about not having succeeded in controling myself. That's the worst about alcoholism, it really undermines your self-confidence.

Well, so much for the Sunday whinge. Hope you guys had a good weekend.

Catch you all later,

Paddy:thanks:
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
          X