X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, October 16th

Nancy

Hello Im whatever Farmeress as you mentioned have to sort that out

I grow things more so have and dont use chemicals to aid / help them be the best they can be: strawberries beans more as hobby thing more or less trial and error, things are better quality like life
    Im not a hippy just eco conscious. Ironically yet I have PICKLED myself with all that U Know what to the extent not happy. However cant change then so doing it know

As for Eskimos its dark in the Arctic so I can see why they use those indoor lights as your assistant I think he could grow indoors as well as lettuce as you said and carotts in bags Vitamin C. But his turning it all around sounds like and thats really something welldone good to here the news

Thanks any way hope you have a good few days away.

Comment

Monday, October 16th

Hiya all,
      Just checking in for this evening, still sober and feeling good..Tired though...Its quite late here in Britishland as Gabby likes to call it....So goodnight all and i hope your evenings go as well as mine did....Just keep busy and DONT DRINK....Your head will love you for it in the morning...I promise....NaNight...Macks:l
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday, October 16th

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!

I am back with my new keyboard, all intact and working. Now you can all beware of the extreme overuse of exclamation points due to my severe deprivation of this morning!!!!!!!! Boy is that a relief! Naw, I won't stress you all out, but it is a relief to have a functioning keyboard again. I guess the darn old thing has just had a little too much spilled ginger ale, cappucino, and yes, probably some wine in there too, to continue to function effectively anymore.

Phil, hang in there. I know that I have struggled also with feeling like I "deserve" to "treat" myself with alcohol. It is a hard feeling to get over. I am trying to repeat to myself sometimes that I "deserve" to be sober, and it really does work sometimes. I think that it works better every time you use it. I remember someone talking a while back about building up your ABS muscles, and I do think they get stronger with time. Anyway, you are always welcome here; please don't forget it! Keep on trying. You'll never know when the "first day" will be your last "first day"!

Nancy, the book you are reading sounds wonderful and well worth reading. I think I might pick up a copy. It is always great to read about someone's triumph in the struggle against addiction. I'm glad that you are enjoying your morning in your jammies with Belle, too! I'm really happy that you have something fun to look forward to this week! Oh, and don't worry about Mike and me, we just like to goof around. We'll be busy planning our grand soiree for Friday!

Meridian, congratulations on Day 7. Getting through the weekend is always the hardest. Well done! We'll be here cheering you on as you try to make a new "personal best"!

Glad to see you staying around, Farmeress. I consider myself a bit of an "aging hippie" Thank goodness I was just a little too young for Woodstock. Good for you for making the effort to grow things naturally. Take care of yourself. I'm glad you're here!

As far as hope goes, I think that HOPE abounds here in Absville. Sometimes we lose it for a bit or drink and lose faith in ourselves, but HOPE can return. We reach out to each other, we comfort each other and lend a hand to help each other get back up. I think that sometimes when we're down, we need to let ourselves DARE TO HOPE. That can be really hard when you've been drinking, depressed, or you're just coming off of a slip. But DARING TO HOPE is what helps us to get back up again. DARING TO HOPE is what allows us to start to imagine that we can make it and have a happy life without alcohol.

I see many people here who have let themselves DARE TO HOPE. I know that I am really starting to DARE TO HOPE. I know that some others are afraid to DARE just yet. Let it come. Keep trying.

Love and hugs,:l

Kathy

(A very gratified Kathy, now that she has her !!!!!!!'s back!)

Oh, and a goodnight hug for you, Macks!
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, October 16th

Hi Kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
          [just checking my exclamation marks are inorder]

Hope you dont mind me coming in here.

My hope for myself is that I never lose sight of the fact that alcohol is a demon for me.. the two dont mix.

My hope for everyone here is that they hope for a life of fulfilment not a life of numbness... and that your spirits are growing.

love
          brigid

Comment

Monday, October 16th

I hope to stay in each moment, or as many moments as I can. I want to hold precious the important things, like family, fun, friendship - and put less importance on work/school/achieving, and put no importance on the existence of alcohol. Someone in a meeting here was talking about her relationship with alcohol, and I could relate entirely. Then it occured to me that most people do not have a relationship with alcohol. That is what I hope for - to have alcohol as a non entity in my life.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I am doing. I think abstinence is the best choice for me but I'm still playing with a couple to three drinks per night, some nights nothing at all, and I have not gotten drunk or come anywhere near it - but I know from experience that it's just a matter of time. I'm still hitting the occasional AA meeting. Tonight I'm going to go look at wedding gowns with my daughter. I hope she finds what she wants.

I would like to go through life with a healthy measure of honesty, do minimal harm, and hopefully be a source of help/comfort to other people along the way.

Kathy, you are a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!! :H

Hugs to all,

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Monday, October 16th

Goodnight to All

Goodnight dear Abbers. Sleep tight.

Thanks Tracy! I'm glad I could make you laugh!:H

And Brigid, you are always welcome to pop in!!

Sweet dreams.

:l :l

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X