• Show
Clear All

Friday Soiree

Yes Macks...your a very good boy!
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday Soiree

I'm on for the party!!!!What time????
      I also didn't get Fan's avatar at first....just thinking he's a body builder...I'm glad you pointed it out Kathy.Actually I like Avatar's that make you think. Jen,I loved your kitten looking in the mirror and seeing a lion.
      What can I bring......besides a Friday night sense of humour???
      Janet

Comment

Friday Soiree

I dont think Kathy needed to point anything out.....I think Fan is doing a good job of that himself.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday Soiree

Staying on Task!!

I NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR:
          • START TIMES
          • BANDSAF DRINKS
          :thanks:

LOVE YA!

KATHY:l

Obviously, we have all become major fans of FAN!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday Soiree

Kathy, since you can do magic and all, how about having Ray Charles perform for us?

Or would that freak people out?
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday Soiree

How about pull, whoosh, flutter, sprinkle? Would that work??? I've never even heard of party poppers, I only know about confetti the old fashioned way, but that sounds marvelous darling! I would suggest that we have double the amount needed, because I just know that a few of our enthusiastic guests will be setting them off in advance, the rascals!

Comment

Friday Soiree

Proposed Menu

Okay everyone, here is my proposed menu for Friday night's sit down dinner:

Appetizers:

Smoked salmon in mini puff pastry with a light dill sauce
                Marinated artichokes
                Pate made w/o alcohol
                Oysters Rockefeller
                Fresh Melon with Proscuitto

Soups:
                Kathy's Famous French Onion Soup (made from my own stock)
                Wild Mushroom Bisque

Caesar Salad or Spinach Salad

Entree:
                Filet of Boeuf Wellington
                Roast Rack of Lamb
                Alaskan King Crab Legs with Drawn Butter
                Glazed Pecan Crusted Chicken
                Marinated Stir Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce and Rice Noodes(for the vegetarians)

Duchess Potatoes
                Aparagus with Hollandaise
                Baby Carrots with Garlic
                Haricots Verte with Slivered Almonds
                Melange of Fall Vegetables in Cream Sauce

Dessert Tray with an Assortment of Cakes, Cheesecakes, fine French Pastries and Tiramisu

Oh, and I forgot to mention that all of this food is magic, so none of us will gain a pound!

Also, during dinner, we will be entertained by two friends of mine providing light background music--Robin on the harp, and Claudia on the flute, so as not to interrupt our dinner conversation.

We will have a mock-cocktail hour before dinner as people gather. After dinner, we are all going to get down and boogie!!! But more about that in another post!

I have gained 5 pounds JUST WRITING THIS POST!

Hugs,

Kathy

Comment

Friday Soiree

That sounds gorgeous Kathy...

Right....I know us Brits are a pain in the backside when it comes to times....I usually stay up quite late on a friday anyway...Proberly until about 2am if thats any help to anyone who is in charge of what time the festivities commence..

As for music....Kathy can you do your best to bring back Mr Lennon aswell... Mr Wonder might be worth giving a ring....Aw what the heck...lets dig up Elvis while we're at it...Might have to make more food though

Comment

Friday Soiree

Menu sounds wonderful -- Kathy, the fresh salmon and king crab are on their way to you now, on a direct flight from Kodiak.

Suggested time: since I am on the Alaskan time zone (EDT minus 4 hours) I would normally be at work during the soiree. I am going to ask for the afternoon off, since I have been overworking myself these past couple of weeks. So go ahead and plan for whatever time is good.... I shouldn't have a problem being home for the party! (Love Kate's suggestion of the party poppers too!)

Music: Ray Charles, John Lennon, Elvis -- maybe we should call this the Resurrection concert? :H

Good luck coming up with creative AF drinks, and let me know what they are. I've apparently never been good in that department.
                    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday Soiree

Mack....how about you bring Elton along with you and Mrs Mack?

Comment

Friday Soiree

Update on Soiree

Hello, loves!

I am just in a frenzy of preparations, now! I am having such fun! Mike I am glad that the salmon and Alaskan crab are on their way, because the chefs have already started baking and preparing the pastries and fillings for the desserts. I have also edited the menu to add a few items, as the appetizers seemed a little sparse!

As far as the attire is concerned, I would definitely love to see everyone dressed up. Of course, this is subject to a certain amount of interpretation, however. I mean, no cut off jeans shorts, UNLESS OF COURSE, they happen to be studded with sequins, pearls and rhinestones, oh, and perhaps a few feathers thrown in! I can't wait to see you in your tux, Mr. Bond! As Glenda, the good witch, I will say that I have updated my look quite a bit into something not quite so, ummmm, virginal? And that tall crown thingie will have to go! I'll settle for a small pearl tiara in my updo! My dress, well, ummm, my flock of seamstresses are working on that right now!

We have many bands/acts lined up so far! They will be playing in sets of 20 minutes to a half hour each, and maybe even doing some combinations. Bono couldn't come because of his humanitarian commitments, but the following have graciously agreed to donate their time to our endeavor:

BONJOVI
                        AEROSMITH

STYX

THE BEATLES

RAY CHARLES

ELVIS (HE'S EVEN GOING TO BE ABLE TO COME BACK IN GOOD SHAPE AND CLEAN AND SOBER)

ELTON JOHN

Also, REM heard about our shindig and phoned me to say they wanted to pop in and play "Shiny Happy People"!! I also put in a call to Tommy James (from TJ and the Shondells, and he and Billy Idol are going to come for a special appearance to sing "Mony Mony" TOGETHER! Are we going to get crazy or what??

n>
                        How does all of this sound so far? In fact, if anyone has any special requests for songs, you'd better get them in really quick! My bubble is going to get quite a workout tomorrow night, chauffering all of these celebrities back and forth. I'd better take it in to the shop and make sure it's in tip-top shape!

Okay, back to planning!

Hugs,

Kathy:l

Comment

Friday Soiree

No probs Gabbs....I'll stick him in the back with the kids...Gotta drop them off at my parents on the way...

I look pretty dashing in my bond tux...I hope he dosnt get any ideas....Who am i kidding with that kind of money i'd marry him!

Kathy, that is one hell of a lineup....Billy Idol...you read my mind..

Comment

Friday Soiree

Macks, Mrs Macks will be joinin you wont she? I dont think you'll have ta worry.

Comment

Friday Soiree

It's a Nice Day for a White Wedding, DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaBumBumBumBumBumBum
                              It's a Nice Day to....START AGAIN

Comment

Friday Soiree

Oh thank you mike, thank you very much. Thats what I been sayin all along...

Comment

Working...
                                X