Thursday Oct.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Oct.26

Hi everyone, I joined this site on the 1st October and set myself a goal to stay AF until the end of October. I thought if I can do that then my reward will be to pack up here and move into Absville, but I read your posts nearly everyday. I just have to say that Mikes comment about seeing the world through the eyes of a child must have touched something in me because I couldn't stop crying. I thought how wonderful to see a world full of happiness and innocence instead of seeing all the hurt and pain you see with adult eyes. One of the things that fills me with wonder is lying out in my back garden on a warm summers day and looking at the big white clouds in the sky,because they arn't clouds at all ,oh no if you look long enough you can see large dragons, small dogs, rabbits and even old mens faces it's really fascinating, and yes I swear I was sober each time. Also have you ever sat and watched a spider spin a web, absolutely wonderful.
    Well I'm going to fill in my progress on the drink tracker chart now and then go to bed as it's 10.30pm here in the UK and I have work in the morning, and guess what? I'm going to bed sober, Hurrah.

Love Irish xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

Good evening everyone,

It's been a good day here even though its been raining. I've enjoyed all the stories you have shared.
      I think Neil may need a new avitar how about:
      < ?

Di, I know what you mean about seeing a child come into this world and take its first breath! Priceless, indeed!

My wonder things for today were hearing my hubby laugh as I awoke this morning. He was on the phone in another room working. It was like music to my ears. And also my pink mums with yellow centers that look like dancers in the breeze!

Irishlady...I love to cloud watch also and star watch at night!

Nancy:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

Oh Nancy, I never want to let my kids "go" to their lives. Can't I be part of their lives forever?
        Meow-Meow
        MonaKitty

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

I understand Mona.............but if we do our job as a parent right they will grow into fine adults and leave our house but never our heart! It is hard to not hold them tightly.

The prize for that is grandchildren!

Nancy - AKA - NANA
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

thanks for the support everyone... the job's mine for the taking. it's only checking at a grocery store, but it's a great grocery store with lots of benefits. i agree with you dilayne and i went in with that mental state. well i'm exhausted - too much excitement for me! have a good night everyone. looking forward to day 7!

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

I just love this thread! Sure makes you wonder about a lot of things. There are so many beautiful things in this world to marvel at. I marvel at my 5 yo son and his fellow kindergarteners for their trusting souls. They so easily talk and play with each other and forgive and forget so quickly. I wonder why so many of us adults have to lose that gift.
              I am blessed at my work in being able to witness the miracle of birth everyday I work. I never tire of holding a newborn and just taking in all that is unique about their face.
              Welcome to Absville Mona, Freckles and Irish! Glad you are here!

Comment

Thursday Oct.26

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the wonderful images today.

And a very warm welcome to you, Irishlady!

Mike
                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                X