Oct. 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 31st

Yes Hawk, welcome. We know where you're coming from. You're in the right place! Stick around, read, post a little something each day. There is a lot of great support here. It has been a lifeline for me.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Oct. 31st

Happy Halloween to all of you guys. Macks, that kid is just much too cute. THanks for posting.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi Hawk. :welcome:

This is a good place.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Oct. 31st

Welcome Hawk! Stick around, it does get better.
          Happy Halloween to all. Geez! I wish I had the fly on the wall idea last Friday night when my husband chaperoned my 13 year old's first dance! Poor kid! You should have seen his face when he found out that dad would be there! Dad stayed outside the whole time as not to embarrass him. Adam says he danced with 13 girls! He sure didn't inherit timidness from me thank goodness! Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.
          Macks! What a cutie you have! Just adorable!! Thanks for sharing.
          Kathy~sorry about the stress you are experiencing. Try to stay positive. (I know, easier said than done!). Thank goodness they discovered it and are aware of it! Now if she needs any treatment she can get it, unlike so many of the kids with rhythmn disturbances you hear about that go undetected til it's too late. I will be praying for the two of you. Please keep us updated!
          My favorite costumes have been the ones I made for my boys when they were younger. Creating costumes certainly brought out the child in me. I've made an adorable elephant costume, a pizza costume made out of fabric foam and a pizza box to collect the candy in,and a "Larry Boy" costume complete with plunger ears, yellow cape and purple mohawk made out of fun foam attached to a purple snow hat. Now that they are older, I no longer have a say in what they wear:upset: . My oldest son is dressing as the Grim Reaper, my middle son is dressing as a scarecrow with a scary pumpkin mask and gloves from the "Nightmare Before Christmas". My 5 yo is dressing as an army guy all in camoflage with a dogtag and American flag tatoos.
          I get to help out in my son's kindergarten today for the class party. Can't wait to see all the costumes. Enjoy the day! I'll try not to eat too much candy! Gina

Comment

Oct. 31st

Just a quick few words

Kathy what a last 48 hours you and your family must of had, go girl throw that curve ball back

Take Care S

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi everyone..and welcome Hawks..just keep on coming back..and good for you for listening to the CDs!

I don't really remember much about my own costumes, but I made a lot of my youngest daughter's costumes..and now, she is a junior in college..the last two years, she and her roommates had Halloween parties. She told me that she wore a vinyl red dress with a license plate on her butt..she was a race car! She is very creative and really such a sweet girl..it was pretty 'racey' for her! LOL, When her brother (now a semi-nerdy electrical engineer) dressed up like Dolly Parton..wig, big red lips the whole thing..he was about 15 and tall and skinny..I have a picture of him all puckered up! The funnest costume I saw was some friend's of ours..a couple..she came as a little Catholic school girl and her husband was a priest..she had her school uniform in dissaray...OK, do you see a theme here? tee, hee..BUT..Gina's costume is taking the cake here!!!

My grandkids are coming over to the house tonight, we'll be improvising costumes..I'll have to post the pics tomorrow!

Macks, thanks for sharing your little cutie patootie!

Kathy (hugs)..sounds like a stressful day, I know how you must worry about your daughter..just no getting around that, is there?

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi all....good stuff everyone. Macks.....now thats a face ya wanna kiss up! : ) Lovin the spooky stories too!
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Oct. 31st

hi everyone - everythings good here. happy halloween!

hi kathy - i'm sorry for your stress, not knowing is hard, but have faith.

mackeral - what a sweetie pie (as sweet as the hulk can be of course)

hi hawk - welcome, i hope to read more from you. take care of yourself, and remember it will get better.

Comment

Oct. 31st

I have been away from posting for quite awhile. I have been lurking a bit however and last month managed 20 AF days in a row until I lost momentum. Not all that I wanted to accomplish, but better for me than in a long time. My new goal is AF all of November and I was thinking perhaps a cottage in Absville for the month would be a good thing. Hope there is still a nice rental available.

So my plan is to join the community tomorrow and focus on getting healthy.

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi everyone xxx

Kathy... What a scare - I think dealing with stuff ' overall '... is just fine for now. So what if you had a blip.. Worry. You know that ... that is all it is, and I think that if we were in your position then maybe - yes actually probably do the same my sweetheart.
                      Today is the first time in a week or so since have spoken and this is the first thread I have read , so I don't know if I am saying the right thing here Kahty - I hope I am. I love and care for you very very much. You are a super person to look up to , and I always will.

Mackers - Hey - Jolly Green Giant ( or was it The Hulk ) Guffaw ... What an angel ..
                      My macks .. missed you long time, hope your door is filled full of mini snax. I went to Asda yesterday at 10 AM , and was embroiled in an elbow wrestling for the last fun size Snickers on the shelf - - - And I don't have kids... They were for Lee... Oh ... so yes I do have 1 kid ! Heeeee Hee.

Sorry for not contacting... re-evaluating my life. I had an interview this afternoon - for a call centre, which is JUST what I need right now. Away from decision making Underwriting, ( or in America - Financial Risk Analyst ) = Yes - I worked in that capicity for the The Maryland Bank of North America ( MBNA ). But i need to take a back benchers seat for a while. So Just playing the waiting game.

So here I am.. Sober, positive and lets hope it continues.

ooh by the way My sister in Law is having a baby in 4 months... She has kept it quiet because it was her third time at IVF, and she said that this would be the last. It was done with the last reamaining egg that survived the freezing process , and - It worked...

So Baby due in Feb..

So to leave on on a happy note...

Loads of love to everyone.... You know who you are XXX

liz

Comment

Oct. 31st

Liz, so happy to see you posting. Sounds like things are coming together over your way. Makes me practically tear up. Love ya sweets. ; ) gabbs

Comment

Oct. 31st

I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Oct. 31st

Happy Halloween All!!!!
                            Macks, what an adorable child!!!Brought a tear to my eye as it reminded me of waht fun the kids were at Halloween when they were young. Now they skulk about the house and sneer at me when I ask a question. Who needs costumes when they are monsters all year long???? I'm partially kidding here.If I did not keep my sense of humour with my kids I'd have my head in the oven.
                            Kathy,I know how scared you must be!! I went through a long series of cardiology exams with my son a few years ago. To make a long story short he does have an abnormality with the structure of his heart but the heart itself is fine. The doctors always want to rule out the worst case first and that scares you. In the long run you are better off having had all these tests. We all assume our hearts(and everything else) is fine. This way you will know for sure.One cardiologist assured me " if the child/teenager is fine(healthwise) and thriving then we are almost guaranteed that the heart will be healthy. Healthy kids normally don't have heart problems." I know you are scared and I'm thinking of you. Keep us posted.
                            Hawk, welcome.We'll get through Nov..
                            Nancy, before I forget, I loved your wolf story from last weekend!!!!!!I've printed it out.

My doorbell has just rung. Time to put the dogs out back and answer the door.
                            Have a great night!1
                            Janet

PS I have already got into the candy. I'm not normally a candy eater but tonight I have eaten more than my share. I will not be a happy camper tomorrow!!!!!!!

Comment

Oct. 31st

Oh Mighty,
                              sorry to unload.... worked all day to get the kids a great Halloween, making a pumpking and a soup and get all their costumes sorted...
                              an when we got back from Trick and Treating, sitting down to eat spicy hot pumpkin soup, my husband said something like "I can't wait for her to stop drinking....". This is because I asked him about the garlic bread in the oven and if he'd put another one in and I supposedly didn't get his anwer....
                              anyway, got me very upset, friends seemed upset too, left sooner than I thought they would normally.... and after they left had this big shouting thing about what he said, what i did..... blablabla

And then I went to the Chat Room because I couldn't find the new supps daily recommendations... and got no answer from anyone! Even Robera Jewell was there, but didn't give me a straight forward reply!
                              Angry angry angry and tomorrow is my first AF day and taking the Topa and the supps.... ah shit.
                              Maybe it would be better to live live in a f********* haze and hope for the best.
                              I honestly don't know if I am making the right deceision.
                              Am not looking forward to tomorrow with no wine.... it's like giving up on a friend to me... what else am I going to look forward to all day?
                              Long Post.... and I don't even know if I have anything of value to say.
                              Good Night, everyone, wish I knew how you lot are managing going through this life....
                              Sorry for being so f********** pessimistic.
                              Pink

Comment

Oct. 31st

Pink, things will get better. I promise the topa will help emensly on the drinking cravings. Now cant make any promises on the husband....... I divorced mine. And I guess you could say I divorced the drink too only it was a little harder. ok....a lot harder. But the topa will help. And the truth is I think it helps the mood a bit too and maybe it will help fuzz out hubby now that I think about it. I was only gonna moderate when I started topa 5 months ago and instead havent drank since. I think about it at times, but for some reason just keep on goin. Maybe you can do that too. private message me is you want to. : )

Comment

Working...
                                X