1st November this side of the Globe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janet, I cant explain it. Dont think I wasnt very much dependant either. I was drinkin beer daily. Up to EEK...hate admittin this but maybe 10. And that didnt start until after work at 5:30 or 6. Anyway, I was at least good for a 6pk. I think I was just ready to be done. Yet I wouldnt dream of stoppin the topa right now. Not THAT strong. I still have mental cravings. Topa has ruined my taste for beer. Never liked wine or other drink. And "I WANT TO BE DONE" with alcohol dependance. very key....tho still need the help of topa I believe due to lack of 100% willpower.
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Yes the 1st of Nov and today is the day I move into Absville. I can say now I have been AF for all 31 days of Oct. At the start of the month I didn't think I was going to do it, but with a big thanks to all of you for your support I managed. Have made some changes in my life and am starting to like myself a little better now. Talking of changes, have given myself a new avatar, the old one with the frogs? well it's time for frogs to hibernate now . The two in my avatar kept falling asleep and dropping of the tree branch, had thought of superglue for their feet but too cruel. They are now sleeping under a pile of rocks in the back garden, so won't see them again till spring. Well what to use as an avatar. I wanted something which would express my personality but also remind me why I was here. Before moving to Absville I had a big clearout of stuff I no longer need or want in my life. Found a box of old photos and there's one of me in there waking up with the mother of all hangovers ( one of many ) . That really was a bad ass cat day, so I thought looking at that avatar every day ( for me anyway ) would act as the perfect reminder as to why I have taken up residence in Absville. Well have to go for now, evening meal to cook and all that, speak to you all soon, oh and thats another thing , have decided to use my real name from now on, so it's goodbye from

LOUISE xx
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Geeze Louise!!!!!!!!

I've looked like that several times myself!

Nancy:l
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hi Louise....love the new avitar...and congrats on October! You have done so well. I remember when you first started...not all that long ago. Way to Go!!

It feels good to be back full time too...thanks Gabby and Nancy...I'll try to get to that yardwork Gabby just as soon as I can I'm taking a vacation day this friday so I will have lots of time for pruning and sprucing up my place.

I'm having dinner with a friend this sat.....it was planned a week or two ago when I was still AWOL... so there was supposed to be wine and celebrations involved. But I'm not concerned about it.
          I will be the designated driver instead. And you know, I'm even relieved because I don't have to worry about how much I'm going to drink.

Anyone planning on volunteering this Holiday season? Just curious. I was just thinking I might volunteer for giving out meals for Thanksgiving or maybe something else this year. Has anyone got plans for something like that?? I'd love to hear what you do.

Lisa

Comment

Hi All, Again,

Just a quick mid-day check in. My sister went out to the bookstore. She's getting a little stir-crazy trying to find a job, and I had a break, so I came home to keep her company, but she's gone!:H I'm on hold with the doc's office as we speak...I'm feeling a lot more optimistic, as the initial shock has worn off about her abnormal EKG.

It it good to "see" so many "new faces" joining us here for abs this month! A great big welcome to all of you!! I hope that we can provide you with all of the support that you need on your journey!

Louise, I love your new avatar!!! That cranky little kitty looks like I've felt sometimes too! I'll bet that MOST OF US can relate!

Anyway, I'm going to take advantage of a few free hours and get some paperwork done. Not the most fun job, but I've gotta do it! It's good to do it with a clear head. Or at least relatively clear, since topa does play a few tricks with me still sometimes!

Hugs,

Kathy
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hi everybody..just flying by to say HI...ditto on Nov. 1 ALREADY!
              Welcome to all the newbies..I'm pretty new here mysefl...I think I'll stick around for a while. I'll check back in later if I can for more personals...
              dianne

Comment

Ya Kath, Topa does play some tricks on me occasionally too. Some I hate to admit.

Comment

Hey Macks..this is for you..these are my four little grandspooks! Scary, heh? tee, hee

Comment

They are precious Di!!! It must be so much fun to have grandkids.
                    Louise, I love the avatar. Somehow I relate so much to that kitten.It looks the way I have all too frequently felt. My mother used to have an expression that she used when she didn't think we were "groomed properly" She said "My you look like something the cat dragged in". Insulting for sure, but somehow apt at certain times.
                    Congratulations on completing abs for the whole month of Oct. You sound like you're going to be a lot of fun to have around here in absville.
                    Have a great evening
                    Janet

Comment

Awww.....Dilayne....Thats a fine bunch you got there....That suit on the little chap looks familiar...

Thanks again....Thats made my night
                      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

that pic has made my night too !!! what little angels you have ( snorrrt ) little monkeys !!!

Louise, that pic did make me larrff out loud - it is - ' My God - did I drink that much last night'? Even down to the 'bed hair-do' !!!!
                        And really I think there is no pressure on people, just because it is the first of the month. It doesn't mean Full Stop - if you are not ready, just kind of - get your head around the idea, and then introduce it into your daily habits gradually.
                        Everyone is here through the highs and lows, and we all know what it's like.

just faith in yourself and maintaining that goal, :h

I forgot how fun it was on here and I missed my old chums, and look forward to getting to know new friends here.

Love and kisses.
                        Liz
                        xxxxxx

Comment

I'm going to bed now since I have a meeting with my trainer at 6am ..and I'm supposed to have already done some kind of aerobic exercise for about 15 min prior to meeting with her...

Please wish me luck! I am so sore from Tuesday's workout I had trouble rolling out of bed this morning.
                          This stuff Is good for you ..Right??

Aleve is my new best friend...

Good night all -

Lisa

Comment

G'day Nancy,

Well I guess Gabbers and I would be happy to receive a year-free supply of topamax from Johnson & Johnson, ha. ha.

Well, I wish you a great November - no spirits whatsoever. Remember Christmas is coming up - and we have to be getting our act together before any possible setback could strike.

Paddy
                            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Hi Paddy and Gabbers..............

Your wish is my comand! Here in Absville anything can happen!

Go on down to the free clinic on Main Street and pick up your one year free supply of Topa!

Do you guys want a present every day this month?

Happy birthday month!!

Nancy
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

What? Me and Paddy get a years of Topamax for free for our Birthday? Why that is just wonderful! I am so happy! Where do we collect?And ok....present everyday.....thats great! We'll take it! (huh Paddy?)

Comment

Working...
                                X