Thursday October 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday October 2nd

Checking in. Made it to day two and I am determined this will be my month. I love hearing how many of you have met and passed that goal. Perhaps tomorrow we can all think about how we will reward ourselves at the end of our successful month!

I also like hearing about how things are in all the different places we come from - including the weather. It is well below average temps in upstate NY - they are forcasting snow for tonight and of course, Buffalo already got dumped on on October. Today is a balmy 44 but at least the sun was out a bit in the morning.

My 4 year old grand daughter just got back from shopping and are spending the next couple days together. Sticking to a whole foods diet with a 4 year old is a challenge.

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

November 2nd

It has been a crazy few days. I've been to the ER 2x, the doctor, a surgeon--and I am now being tested for diabetes. My on son has the flu--and even skipped trick or treating. But with all that and as crappy as I felt for a few days--I felt so grateful to still be AF! And as crappy as I felt--it still was not anywhere near as bad as a really bad hangover.

Today is my 90 days--and tonight I get my red chip. It seems so silly--but I want that damn chip! Someone mentioned rewards earlier--I honestly have to say that the biggest reward is the one that comes from the inside. And the reward of not being chained down to self destruction--is enough for me.

Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

GOOD FOR YOU KIM!!!!!!!
        I am so happy for you. I know how you feel inside and I am just really happy for ya. Big hugs and smiles. : ) Clapping and Jumping up and down!
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Maddy's test isn't until the 21st, so it's just a waiting game. She was a real sh*thead to me last night though, so I guess she is okay! Business as usual in teenland. I'll take her to get her bloodwork done sooner than that, though. Thanks for remembering and asking. I have soothed myself into believing that everything is okay, which it likely is, so that is what I will believe until I learn otherwise.

XOXOX,
          Kathy

And a big congratulations, Kim!!!
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Kim, thats 10 days off 100.. three digits.. (you know how I love the number 3!!)
            thats fantastic. you should be proud... cos i'm proud for you and hava a smile on my dial for you right now.

Teens, eh Kathy. I was a horrific teen, I dont know how my mum survived it. Roll on the 21st for the two of you.

Macks, I hope you enjoy your brother's support.. me, I enjoy visitors like fish (after 3 days - there is that number again) they go off!!!!!

Gabby, havent said hi to you in a bit... do you know I nearly left this site at one stage and it was your posts that kept me coming here.. and i never told you and never said thanks for that.

Kris, Paddy and Hawk, those first days were like lifetimes for me. I'll never forget them and I have my fingers crossed for you all.

Nancy, you sound like you are going well so here is a hug.

Mike, kiss kiss.

Gina.. how are you going?

everyone else Lizzy, Tracy.. Lisa.. hi.

Brigid

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Brigid,
              Ohhh, that is the sweetest thing to say to me. Thank you so much. That really made my day. I can't imagine. Thank you again. = )

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Kathy, I would LOVE to take you in my luggage. I bet you'd be a blast to with - the life of the ship.

Kim - big CONGRATS!

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Kathy....I would get to go if anybody cuz I am closer to her and I could get to her faster than you.
                  And I could be just as fun as you.

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Hi All November Absters,
                    Love all this weather talk. Paddy, I would love to be at 30 degrees right now. Where are you in Asia? You don't have to be too specific. Then I think about Mike in Alaska.....you're happy as you only have 4 inches of snow.....what a group we make!!!!!I can understand why Alaska has the highest alcohol intake. The lack of light would be difficult for me. I'm fine now with our weather here but Jan and Feb are hard.
                    I love to ski and think it's a great way to be outside in winter when we so often shut ourselves in. Unfortunately ,skiing leads to apres-skiing which often leads to a warm bar. That dilemna will get filed with "Christmas problems" and be dealt with at a later date......one day at a time.....

Kim, congratulations on 90 days!!!!!
                    Liz,I'm so proud of you.....5 WEEKS!!!!!It's so good to have you back!!!!
                    We should probably have a virtual trip around the world the way we had our virtual dinner. Then we don't have to stow away in each other's bags. I'll gladly come to Colorado for the evening...the skiing is so much better there... no ice like there is here in New England.
                    Hang in there all and have a great evening
                    Janet

PS...if anyone takes Kudzo...do you take it throughout the day or just when you feel a craving??

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Janet, on Kudzo....I think on a schedule, through out the day. L-glut is when ever you have a craving. Then also on cravings you take a piece of paper and crumble it up and throw it at your husband any time you feel like it. That works too.

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Ah....the old paper at the husband trick. A little known but highly effective coping mechanism! I love it!
                        Hawk

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

did u make it to the counselor Lizzie ?

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

I think she went on a cruize with Lee.

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Gabbs - I think you misunderstood me... When I mentioned a cruise - it was for You and Me...
                              Bank manager appointment !!!! ???? Get it ?

Wouldn't go on a cruise without you my sausage !!!!!

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

I am so stupid.....doink

Comment

Working...
                                X