Friday 3 November 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 3 November 2006

Hi everyone - and Sorry about the month yesterday !!!! Still you know me - Dizzy Lizzie !!!

Hey Kathy - your mum sounds like a genius !!! No wonder you are a Canny Lass too XXXX

Tracy - I just want to say that it is REALLY hard - and I know that I have scrabbled around looking for an answer. I was going to go to a rehab place for 6 weeks at the cost of ?4000. Which involved withdrawal, and then a re-introduction into society - ha... They said that we would all go shopping - as a group and embark upon general life experiences... well, I decided that actually I go to the shops alone every week, , go for interviews,and generally interact with the public on a day to day basis anyway but it was the stopping that was the problem, and the maintaining of the abstinence. So I cancelled.
    I have stopped LOTS of times, but only a couple of times have been able to maintain it longer that 3-4 weeks. But now... I think that it is something that I can only do alone. Without drug therapys and yes the counselling does help - although I loathe it. But I know that this is the only way that I will be able to help myself out of this. It's worked so far - but I am by no means out the woods yet.
    I hope I can be sitting here typing away with 5 months under my belt.

The supplements help me a lot, and I have not been down the Topa road, although I know it helps a lot of people a great deal. I reckon it's just Horses for Courses and I hope you back a winner Tracy. XXXX
    I am 100% behind you.

So hello to everyone else here, and thank you for all your lovely welcome back msgs ( sorry about the date yesterday - again !!! well that's me - doolally always have been - always will be ! ) snnnorrt .

Lots of love and thinking about you - have a lovely weekend

XXXX :l :l

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Lisa, your's and Neil's recent posts about working out inspired me to get my butt to the gym this morning at 0530. I have been slacking this past week and it contributed to my low mood. Feeling those good chemicals circulating right now and feel reenergized. Thanks for the motivation, and thanks for the support Mike and Kathy! Mike, love the lyrics....so true!
      I hope you do tell us when your real bday is Kathy! Great story!
      Di~enjoy your weekend of reconnecting with your husband. That is something needed in my marriage. Will have to look into something like that.
      Wishing you the best today Tracy! I admire what you are doing for our youth. That's wonderful!
      Anyone hear from Lorik? I miss her posts.
      Have a great weekend all! Gina

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Hiya Chaps & Chapesess,
        Just a flying visit...Like i said the other day i got my brother down for a long weekend....

He bought a game today called Singstar...I dont know if you have heard of it....Its on the playstation 2....You get 2 microphones....Its a bit like kareoke...but the more your in tune and the better your timing the higher score you get.....I've never sang sober in my life....I might be dead good.....But more realisticly i'm gonna sound like a dying cat...It should be fun anyway...

I dont have much confidence sober but i'm gonna give it a shot..

I'll pop in later....Love Macks:l
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Hi everyone!

I love reading all your stories! It makes me smile everyday!

Kathy.........how funny! We changed my birth certifcate to get married! I was 17 and at that time you had to be 18! Went to all that trouble and then no one ever asked to see it!! Do you think I have a "pretend" marriage?:H
          It IS legal though.............checked on that awhile back!
          We did a marriage encounter week end years ago! We learned..........................................s ome things are better left unsaid!

I have to go grocery shopping! Be back later!
          Love to all who come here....post or no!

Nancy:l
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

I think thats great di on the weekend. And Nancy.....my ex and I did the marriage encounter thing too. I thought it was great! Maybe something I would be interested in doing before marriage next time tho.
            Off to work now. Have a good weekend all. An AF one!
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for the congrats....it is very much appreciated...and I got my red chip!

Macks--look at it this way....if you sing and it is bad at least you will know it is bad....instead of singing drunk, sounding horrible and thinking you are the next Elvis.....

Tracy--yep been down that road. What is the use, I am going to fail anyway. My misery was great enough that I just had to keep getting back up. Just keep getting back up no matter how many times it takes. Lets face it, if any of us were happy drinking none of us would be here. And if I fall again, I will get back up again..and again...and again.

Gina congrats on 30 days! Your days seem to add up faster than mine....guess its like everyone's pregnancy seemed to go faster than either of mine did.

I got my results today for the diabetes--I am fine. And to boot I have low BP and low cholesterol. Still, I have to start exercising regularly and eating better---I know I will just feel better overall. This minor scare has really motivated me.

Easy weekend for me. Nothing planned and loving it!

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Checking in at 3 days and I remain determined to remain an Absville resident. As a new addition I feel a little out of the loop but I guess part of moving to a new town is getting to know everyone.

We have had the grandchildren for the last 2 days and now, without them, the house seems quiet. On the other hand it is nice to have the computer back. Should be a quiet weekend here - just the usual cleaning and catching up. Wishing all of you a successful and enjoyable weekend.

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

HI

I have returned....im not to good..thought i was ok on my own but just got home from a wk in hosp...i feel shit, i love all you guys and i feel like i let you down...took tablets again..was really touch an go this time, i dunno how many times i can do this to the people who love and need me...what the fuck is wrong with me!!!
                  Sorry for such a dramatic return...i guess i thought id be ok...guess i was wrong...help!!

Loves

Lou Lou x x x x
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Oh Lou. Hang in there. It's a rough battle.

Be well,

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

A huge hello to everyone..there are so many new comers since my last visits...you all sound lovely and i wish you sucess and happiness x x an to all my old pals..liz (please pm or call me..i miss you xx) macks..sweetie pie and cathy...iv finaly got the service i needed although it was through extreme measures!!! and Gabbs honey..hello, i missed you so much x x x

So much loves Lou-Lou x x x x x
                      "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Oh Lou, Hang in there!!!!It can be rough but you are oh SO worth it!!!Keep posting!!!!

Just a quick hello to you all!! Kathy your pretend birthday cracked me up.It reminds me that my own mother was never sure as to her real birth date as my grandmother gave birth at around midnight. So until I was 16 the birthday was Aug9 and then my mother declared her birthday was really Aug8 as it was daylight savings. OK not a big deal until I started a bank/credit card account where for security reasons you have to identify your account with your mother's birthdate. I always forget which date I originally used and when I enter the wrong date the machine shuts down or I get disconnected on the phone . That's after I've been on hold for 10 minutes!!!!Frustrating!!!

Got to get my son to a game. Have a nice Friday evening all
                        Janet

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Hey Lou-Lou

Whatever you had to do to get the service you needed, you had to do, lovey! I'm sorry that you had to go through it. We're all here and still caring about you.:heart: Hang in there, sweetie!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the story about my mother and my "pretend" birthday. No real presents for the pretend birthday. Despite some of my complaints about her, my mother was, and is, and extraordinarily bright and creative woman and in some ways, way ahead of her time. The real birthday? December 3rd.:H

Poor Janet! I can relate! I actually found my pretend birth certificate a few years ago and called my mother to demand what was my "real" birthday!!

Kris, congrats on day 3. I'm happy to see you as a resident in Absville!

Nancy, good to see you. Your marriage sounds as real as can be! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has a "pretend" birthday, though!

Macks, I'm sure you sound like Frank Sinatra, or Sting!

Dizzie Lizzie, that's a great name for you, love! I'm so happy you're here again, chixster!

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, Gina! Burn those buns!

Hi Gabbsters! Smooch!!!

And I saw a post from Phil, too! Hugs to you Phil!

I'm sure there must have been a post from Mike here, too someplace, so hi, Mike!

Anyway, I'm off to veg out. I came home from work and crashed on the couch and fell sound asleep. Now Maddy is out for the evening and my sister is doing her own vegging out. It's a nice, mellow

Friday night. It's really nice to feel so content.

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Kathy - as always.....XXX

was going to write sychophantic words there, but you know what I think about you.:l

I am going to my bed now ( my Gosh it's before 4 am !!! )
                            So nighty night.

I am having my hair cut at 9 am so need to go to bed, and I think Lou is coming up to meet and greet some Rugger players tomorrow afternoon !!!!

Sorry Lou for telling tales !!!

Speak soon, and a peaceful night ( without fireworks) in Absville .

God Bless

xxxxxx

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Lizzie. you and Lou have a great time.!!!!
                              Normally I'm in bed early but my son is home for the weekend so I'm up waiting for him. Should go to bed but one eye will be open so why bother.
                              Enjoyed everone's posts and hope the weekend brings us back together happy,healthy and sober.

Janet

Comment

Friday 3 November 2006

Hi...I checked and I cheated myself one day...I'm on day 7, not 6 !! yea
                                Busy day today for everyone. Thanks for the tv info dianne...I think I will have to taper down on it...maybe wait an hour after I get home in the evenings before I flick it on. It is hard because it kinda keeps me company too.

I took Zooey - one of my babies (kitty) to the vet this afternoon. I was a little worried about her because she has been sneezing and also because she has managed to lick all the fur off her lower belly

It was a mini trauma getting her in the carrier and then in the car ...but to my great relief she is ok. Doc gave her some kitty antihistimines and said she was just a little anxious thus the licking. But she is just fine.

Gina - thank you for saying that my working out was inspiring!! That helped me because I was soooooo
                                sore today!! I thought, ok, guess I can't quit if I'm inspiring! :H
                                Having a trainer has been great so far. One of the best things it that it keeps me on track - and gets me to the gym.

Lou- hang in there - you have so many people who care about you. Take care

I have to go to bed now - just wanted to check in and say hi.
                                Lets have a great Sat.
                                Goodnight to everyone - sleep well
                                Lisa

Comment

Working...
                                X