Saturday, November 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, November 4

Mona, I just live in Northern Maryland, but it was exceptionally cold last night--23 when I woke up. It is 45 now. All the annuals in my garden are now crispy critters!

Gabby, how about a brisk walk and then settling down to knit and of course, a little spot of gossip?:H

Janet, I'm glad that your compass is getting a little more accurate. I'm so glad for you on day 7!

Nancy, I don't know if it's ADD or too many books/projects and too little time! Wouldn't it be nice if we could make a living reading and/or making things??

Lisa, I'm glad you had a very well-deserved indulgent day! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, love!

Enjoy your brother, Macks. Isn't it great when you squabble as kids and then grow up and grow close?

Hawk, I hope you have a quiet and peaceful interlude before all hell breaks loose with the arrival of your grandchildren. It sure is good that kids that age are so lucious, isn't it??? It insures the survival of the species. Otherwise, we'd have to eat them!:H I remember thinking many times when my daughter was 3 that it was a very good thing that she was so adorable, or else goodness knows what might have happened to her at my hands!...what with her less than adorable antics...

Maddy and I are going to see the marching band in the Chapter Championships tonight. It should be interesting, as they traditionally have not done well, as the championships are held in a neighboring county. However, we are currently in 1st place in group 5, so tonight should be verrrryy interesting. It should also be very COLD......

Anyway, I'm going to go do some cleaning. I have to finish my room. Once I get started, I can be extremely anal about cleaning.

So again, love to all!

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, November 4

Mona, I'm laughing now because you say you were an insecure child because you were petit. I was insecure because I was too tall. How I envied the petite girls who got to stand at the beginning of the line(we had to line up according to height).I, on the other hand, got placed at the end of the line behind both the girls and the boys because I was the tallest person in the class. My partner was always a boy(not bad if you're a teenager but in elementary school it was awful). On the years when there were an uneven number of kids I stood by myself.
      How those hurts still stay with you.I was in my twenties before I could appreciate being tall.
      And oh yes!!! I too took full advantage of the 18 year old drinking age in my youth.
      Tonight I have a birthday party to go to.Lots of wine but I've got the kudzo and l-glut and I'm going to drive as my son also has a party at the same time nearby. Must leave by 11 to pick him up so I'm feeling quite secure. I'll love day 8 tomorrow.
      Enjoy your Sat night all
      Janet

Comment

Saturday, November 4

Hi everyone, my goodness you all seem such busy people, mind you I have been at work all day and we were busy. I work on the checkout in a local supermarket so you can imagine what a Saturday is like there.
        People are buying Christmas stuff already especially ALCOHOL, which is hard for me sometimes. Have had some bad cravings today but I just rode through them and I do believe I have come out the other side just a little bit stronger.

Kathy I have become a born again knitter (lol ) at the moment am knitting a warm winter scarf in lovely autumn shades of brown, helps to keep the mind occupied.
        thinking about what Mike said, I find that I am getting energized and enthusiastic about all sorts of things,
        so much so that my life is starting to get pretty full again.
        Well I wish you all a goodnight, hope you have a fine tomorrow, like an idiot I volunteered to work an extre shift tomorrow but it's only for six hours so once again it's something to keep me occupied.

Love to you all
        Louise xxx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Saturday, November 4

Checking In - Hanging In. I guess I am not feeling part of the community yet - so just reading the posts and trying to get to know all of you. Seems like longer than day 4... the evenings seem especially long when you face them sober. I am encouraged by all that I hear you are doing and I am taking notes about ways to fill time and keep occupied.

Comment

Saturday, November 4

Hey Kris- Can I ask what part of the country - or what country for that matter- you live?
            Hang in there. I think the weekends are tough for most - or tougher. More free time on your hands for one thing and often it is the habitual time to indulge. I think we have all struggled with that. I have just recently tried to start going to the gym. That helps. I've gotten in a little trouble substituting shopping for drinking. Spending a little too much money !
            Today I went to a movie with a friend and then went to dinner. She didn't drink because I told her I wasn't drinking...then we were both amazed when we got the check. Wow...two appetizers, dinner, and coffee all came to 42.00. We realized that we normally pay almost double there! hmmm...could it be the alcohol??
            She laughed and said - well. darn, I can afford to go out to dinner again!

So tonight I will try to do a little planning for my day tomorrow. I think it is just part of the whole readjustment to not drinking. We have spent so much time drinking and then recovering from drinking....now we have all this time - what the heck are we to do with it all?

Kris- the weekend time can be hard - just hang tough for today and tomorrow- you will be so happy that you did. Just keep thinking about waking up clear headed in the morning. So much better than the alternative.

Hope everyone had a good day today-
            Janet - enjoy the party --looking forward to celebrating day 8 with you tomorrow

Thanks Kathy...being pampered is definitely all it's cracked up to be!! I loved it.
            bedtime for me...
            Night all-
            Lisa

Comment

Working...
            X