Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Yo Babes! TGIF! October 8!

Hi marshy!

And... I got a motion light repalcement that painter had put up but I couldn't get to work. I was doing it myself until I realized you must have an electric drill (the mounting holes are sealed for some reason). So It's wired and propped on the gutter. Guess I'll call and have him come install it and sort out the non-date thing. ugh - must dig in BGP drawer.

Can you see the coffee kicking in?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TGIF!!!!!

I have a super busy day ahead preparing to tomorrow's craft show. Hope to sell lots!
      Beautiful weather here today & the weekend so that really helps.

Wondering when I will hear from YB as he's supposed to help me set up the tent & table tomorrow, ho hum!

OK, wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday - get out there & kick some ass :H:H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, good luck!!! You'll be rolling in the dough after the yard sale and now this! You can take us all to Paris!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello friends.

I'm quickly popping in to share a prime example about the discussion the other day about taking on other people's feelings.

So, I arrive home from work a few minutes before hubby does yesterday. I have a snack at the computer and we have a brief but friendly conversation. He goes out to work on a project he has going and I decide I need a little nap before the city council meeting.
          The boys come home from football practice and we watch some of the husker game on tv, and I leave for the meeting, hubby is still outside.
          When I come home from the meeting, hubby is sitting in his chair (sober) and very quiet. Like he won't hardly speak to me. When he does it is short and very quiet. I've been around him long enough to know something is bothering him, and that it is always a bad idea to ask him about it. So I ask him if he has a gut ache. He says no. I can tell he's tired and he goes to bed, says goodnight but doesn't kiss me. Odd. This morning I sleep in cuz the kids don't have school, and he does kiss me good bye, but still acting strange.
          Now, a normal person would go about their business, maybe be a little concerned about hubby, but someone like me can't help but wonder what I've done wrong. My mind keeps going over and over what he could have read or heard or seen or believes I've said or done or not done or......I keep telling myself that I am not responsible for his behavior or his feelings--he is. It is because of past experience that I don't ask him what is wrong because he gets defensive and it has blown up in my face before.
          Anyway, just thought I'd share that. Busy day/weekend ahead. We are having a beautiful warm Indian summer but we could sure use a little moisture.

Have a great weekend all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Ah so thats what a sandwich post means. Makes sense. Hi LVT, Gaia, Marshy, Lav

Hows the fanny warmer DG. Lol. Must stop thinking about that. Its only this thread that I learn of fanny warmers and Yo Bitches.

My friday is looking better..ate a huge chocolate muffin though ( Terrible!!)
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Morning, abbers!

DG, I love that you volunteer at the mission. The 'everyone's birthday' sounds so wonderful. I wish we had something here in this shit town that I could do, to give back to those who don't have as much as I do.

Hello to everyone else! I gotta fly, running late!

Comment

rebirth;976896 wrote: Hows the fanny warmer DG. Lol.
                :egad::egad:

LVT - his behaviour screams "control" to me. Control of you, that is.

Talking of other people's behaviour: old dragon at work who only works Fridays and Saturdays comes and sits next to me, switches on computer and starts grumbling that the "wrong" logo/desktop has come up. I said: "No, that's right, it was changed a couple of weeks ago." She said it couldn't possibly have changed because she'd have noticed. I immediately think she's dismissing what *I've* said. But then I think "Know what? She's just an old dragon, it's nothing personal and I don't give a monkey's what she thinks about me anyway" :H Oh, and after much grumbling she acknowledges that the system has changed and I was right. Progress?

Greenie - what happened with the painter?

Lav - hope you sell loads tomorrow.
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

TGIF indeed!

It's been a lovely warm day and I'm emerging out of my crankiness. Weird thing is, I seem to crave change. All sorts of thoughts bouncing around, even the prospect of moving north of the river but don't tell Marshy...

On the issue of other peoples' behaviour: one of my flatmates is rowing with my landlord about repairs to her room. The issue doesn't affect me directly, but my impulse would be to dash in there and try to defuse the conflict. Instead I've decided they're entitled to their differences and I don't need to feel rattled by it.

We're supposed to have a warm day tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to the market. Hope you get loads of people at yours, Lav. Greenie, figs were on sale and I had to get some in honour of your bathrobe. LVT, maybe you don't need to question but just express how you feel about the situation - 'I feel baffled by your silence'. Open up some space for a potential conversation. DG, the overcoat party sounds a great idea.

Hi AFM, Rebirth and all to come. Enjoy the weekend everybody.

Comment

Pamina;977131 wrote: even the prospect of moving north of the river but don't tell Marshy...
                    You know it makes sense.
                    My non-GF is a sarf Londoner (born and bred) and is weirdly tribal about the whole issue. It's much more complicated than I realised :H
                    sigpic
                    AF since December 22nd 2008
                    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Friday!
                      woof!

woof! woof! woof!

woof! woof! woof! woof! woof! woof!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Woof woof to you too Deter :H:H

I have all my crafty things packed & ready to go - it's all embroidered stuff, of course! I have lots of lace Christmas ornaments, several lace bowls, recycled fabric (heavy) tote bags with 'Save the Planet' type designs on them & much more. I try to push myself to stitch up things to put away & save for these events.

LVT, it certainly sounds like you are being ignored.............
                        When you ask a person a qustion you deserve an answer!!!!!! I'm feeling for you :l

I know I'm going to bed early & will be out early in the morning
                        Wishing everyone a peaceful night

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X