Sunday October 17 Daily AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshy!! :yougo::yougo: I'm making popcorn right now so I will be ready for tomorrows outing. Where are we going? Seriously, your post made me think of what it would be like to explore new romance while sober. I can't imagine! (Johnny doesn't count I don't think as he's only in my mind :H)) I hope you and XNGF have a wonderful time. WOW!! Am very happy for you.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;983624 wrote: Where are we going? Seriously, your post made me think of what it would be like to explore new romance while sober. I can't imagine!
      Bit of art viewing... then, gulp, dunno.

The whole fessing up thing came about as a mistake. We were texting and she thought I was asking her about "us" and "where we were" when in fact I was asking her about something totally different. So she - bravely - fessed up how she was feeling and I just kinda said "um, me too". :H BUT, I'm not sure I'd have done that if I was still drinking. Don't think I was so honest about my emotions then.
      I later called my best friend to tell her what was going on and she said "thank god for technological miscommunication!".
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hello all,
        Mid-afternoon drizzle outside, slight headache, glad to be back - one day at a time for AF. Thank you for your signature quote, Marshy, just what I need to read today.

zin
        "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Art viewing will be nice! I bet dunno will be nice too somehow.

Marshy;983643 wrote: "thank god for technological miscommunication!".
          :H:H

I will totally be on the edge of my seat tomorrow. *popcorn eating smilie*

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hidy Ho ABeroooos!

busy as can be working through the weekend, and my boss so kindly 'volunteered me' to work graveyard shift today. ugh! and I've been working since 7am. so I will attempt to take a nap, then work until 8am tomorrow, then I have to set up the trade show booth and work a 12 hour shift, then finally get some sleep MOnday night, then drive 6 hours home and immediately start setting up another trade show. whew! Starbucks better grind some extra beans for me.

sorry to blabber about my work woes. just feeling a little overwhelmed.

Wally, I think AB is the lesser of two evils if the other option is binge drinking. keep up the great work!

be well everyone,

zzzzzzzzzzz
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Developments on the non-GF front... on the verge of becoming GF after we fessed up about how we feel about each other today. >>

:woot: You MUST dish post date! GOD do I even have popcorn....
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

GOD do I even have popcorn....
                Pride I have enough for all of us :H!! Marshy-you go girl!! Yea-new romance is in the air!!

Beagles-the only beagle I ever knew well was Lady. She belonged to family friends and we grew up with her. She was truly a lady and I can't remember ever hearing her bark or bay. Not the norm that's for sure!!

ATM-did ya get her, well did ya???

Wally-I volunteered for my breed rescue for 5 years. It was always heartbreaking as intake coordinator for my region to get that surrender call or email. The bravest, best thing anyone can do is realize that the family/person doesn't fit the dog and rehome it. Who knows why the foster mom of your dog is not having any problem housetraining her but all it takes is one little change in environment for a problem to disappear. No finger pointing at all-it just happens. I was a cat person too before getting dogs and it's been 7 years of extreme education. To tell the truth, my second dog was given up for housetraining problems. I adopted him and realized soon after that he would never be housetrained no matter what. my lifestyle and home environment is such that I was able to adapt and manage it as best as possible. His first family just couldn't do it and I'm so glad as he is my cuddlebug and makes me laugh every day. So your girl will find the right family for her don't you worry. Oh BTW-welcome back and we're glad to have you join us!!

DG-I wish wish wish I could feed raw. When I just had Mickey I could afford to do it and the quality of that nutrition showed, but I can't afford to feed two papzillas raw (even tho the amount they eat is miniscule next to the shepards and beagle LOL!). I just know that DD's digestive problems would probably disappear altogether. I have friends who used to make their own raw food-even grinding the meat (blech) but then again they are retired early and apparently are pretty well off so they had the time and money. I think they buy the commercial raw now because they do so much traveling in their small RV.

Deter-WOW!! it made me extremely tired to read your post so I have nothing but sympathy and garlic for you. Hang in there friend. Monday nite will come soon.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi ya'll!

Oh Marshy. Beeeauwdiful! :h. I can bring the picnic basket. What time is everybody meeting up?

We had a beagle when i was a kid. Little fella used to love to wander, which i heard way back when, is inherent in the breed? Anyway ATM, having a dog in our lives is just the best!

Hope everyone's having a safe, sound, and happy weekend, especially you Marshy!

(more music a comin'. Great art takes time you know! :H)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

:welcome: zincityzen!!

Hangovers suck!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

A quick hello Papmom. You sound delightfully happy! I love it! Have a great week.

Meechie
                      :h

Comment

Working...
                      X