Wednesday 8 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 8 November

:yay: :wd: :thumbs: Hurrah Maryt, so glad for your 12 days.Was starting to worry about you as I hadn't seen your name on here for a while, keep up the good work, your doing great.

Love Louise xxx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Goodnight all...Hope everyone has a good evening...Dont think i even thought about drink tonight....Didnt think i'd ever be saying that...Stick with it everyone
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Hi Paddy....thanks for thinkin of me. Mack....glad u didnt think of a drink.
        Me...you guys arent gonna believe this one. But I am havin a big strugglin day. I wanna get a 12/pk and drink it up. See...I have a lot of work to do still. But....not drinkin. Sure have the desire tho. If it werent for topa I am afraid I would be there. Glad I have that at least. Sorry for soundin down. Guess we all have these days. Tomorrow is new and I am sure I will feel better. I wont drink.....just hate it that after all this time I feel this way. Over 5 months sobriety for me now. Cant believe I am sayin any of this.
        well....bye
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Funny....big diff between me and macks post huh?
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Gabby,
            But there is a huge difference between you now and you 5 months ago. You know now, that you will get through it and you expect YOURSELF to get through this. Thats a great thing and a massive change.. and these days ARE part of normal life and we learn through going through them how to get through them without drinking and it gets easier each time.

Cravings (like bad hair days) do pass.
            Brigid

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

oops..it's me lisa...not unregistered...hmmm guess I didn't sign in- sorry
              Hey Gabby - you are being strong even when you are at your weakest - you posted about it instead of giving in to it. Now that is inspiring- thank you for doing that.

I'm kind of just going along with no issues at the moment- kinda in Macks mode right now. I have no idea why I'm not having more of a struggle....not that I'm complaining!!
              The exercise is the only thing I'm doing differently. Well, that and I did a bit of soul searching recently.
              Mike- I think you are on to something with that mantra.
              I had one when I quit smoking and it really helped. "I won't smoke, you can't make me' was mine. Sounds odd but it worked for me.
              I've tried to rethink how I think about exercising - I have tried to switch the focus away from trying to not drink to getting myself to the gym.
              I kept saying to myself that it really didn't matter if I wanted to go to the gym or not....kind of like Mike's 'it's not an option' I say 'it is not an option to not go to the gym. It is not my decision to make - I have to go period'. And I'm not going crazy nuts everyday working out till I drop,...or anything close to that. I've been getting there about 4 days a week and working out for about an hour. Anyway, I just hope it continues like this. It's still all pretty new.
              Kathy - hope maddys feeling better. and good for you for raiding the halloween candy - instead of the alternate plan. You have been doing great - have you patted youself on the back lately? No? ok let me do that for you ...good Job
              Lucky - I like what you wrote. We do really need to know what works best for Us. It is not always the same as for the next person.
              Maryt!!- Awesome job! Congrats on 12 days
              Louise ---you too - you are doing really great
              Everyone I didn't say hi to...Hi! oh, and Lou, have a wonderful trip! Wow Egypt, Hawaii...we are some kind of globe trotters around here eh? Can't wait to hear about it.

Going to bed I guess. meet the trainer at 6am "not an option not to go'

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!
              Lisa

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Congrats on the 12 days Maryt. I hope I can reach this in due time too. Been off the wagon, again! Not badly, but all the same. Thanks Mike ... It IS not an option. Controlled drinking does not work for me.

I read quite an interesting quote in a book about giving up alcohol (in German). It says, whenever the desire of drinking overcomes you, drink one or two litres of water. Fill yourself up. The desire of drinking will go away. I tried it. And boy, it worked. And it's got a cleansing effect on your kidneys too.

Gabbs hang in there. It's not all roses the road we're going. But as Mike has pointed out, it's great being here and just the fact of knowing that we're all in it together makes life so much easier.

Kathy, get off those candies darling! No sugar! :l
                Paddy
                Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Opps, I beg your forgiveness Mackeral. Dah, Mona Cat isn't the brightess light bulb in the box. My answer to your question, is...isn't enough. I am in the early stages. I just want to hang out with you all badly, because you all are at, where I want to be. Being here, has helped me and motivated me more than anything has in the last year.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

Late at Night....

Probably just a ramble here, but I do want to thank everyone for thoughts about Maddy. She's doing fine after her little faint but is currently in a snit about something, but won't discuss it--most likely a boy.

It's been a long day. One of my clients was bouncing off the walls today, and sure enough, I got a call tonight, and it was a co-worker wanting to know what to do with her. She was suicidal and disoriented. All I could do was give the co-worker the psychiatrist's number and have them send her to the emergency room. It was hard sitting through my next appointments though.

Paddy, my sister hid the candy really well, so I've been good today!

Mona, love, you DO belong here! You're a really sweet kitty, so keep hanging around!

Lisa, I want to get your attitude about exercise! I've got to get my butt in gear and clean out the garage, because I want to put all my exercise stuff in there (as well as a space heater!) so I can start working out again. I'm not good at keeping up with gym memberships, but I do enjoy working out on my own with videos, but there's not a square inch of space in the house until I clean out the garage!

I don't want to get into politics in a major way, so I'll stay away from major stuff here, but I will say that I am very satisfied the way our local elections turned out.

Anyway, it's been a stressful day, and I wanted to post about it. Ugh, I'm tired! Sorry for anyone that I've missed--you know I love you all!

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday 8 November

I love these messages, all of them have something to offer someone who has given up! I didn't raid a Halloween bag but had plenty of kids easter eggs in my time! Mike, your message about the evening out was inspiring, not an option is a good way to look at it. There was a chat programme on here and the ladies were all describing the worst things they had done when they were drunk! It was appalling! and they were laughing!

It's interesting that you sit and look at people at parties getting drunk and know that you cannot do that any more! And what a great feeling knowing that after your sprite you will get good sleep and remember everything of the night before!:H The woman that asked you to drink with her reminds me of myself, its no good ending a party, I wanted to go on all night until my body couldn't take any more. 1 wasen't enough and neither wass 100!

Comment

Working...
                      X