X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday November 16th

5:50...still going strong on day 2....

Thank you all for great advice....

I am going to make dinner now and will come on chat later.

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Thursday November 16th

Lisa, thanks so much for your kind and understanding words...it's a lonely situation and you really made me feel heard! Namaste! Dianne

Comment

Thursday November 16th

Sorry I've been MIA

Hey All,
        I have been MIA but have thought of you all. I read the posts a few times but had a health scare that took my eye off the sobriety ball.

Hawk,your post today hit home.I had a mammogram 10 days ago. They found something suspicious so ordered an ultrasound;that's normal and didn't bother me.Then they didn't like the ultrasound so I had a biopsy,which was inconclusive.I had surgery to remove the "calcifications" the day before yesterday and learned yesterday that everything is normal!!!!! I am so relieved as the radiologist told me she thought the "spots" were DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ)..... an early and curable cancer....but thank you very much I don't want it!!!!!!!
        Hawk, I hope you get the "tumor" investigated. My feeling has always been....if it's suspicious or unknown get rid of it!!!! I'm sure you will be fine.
        So, along the way at about day 10( yes Lisa, I felt so badly about dropping off the wagon but I'm so proud of you. You keep going to day 30!!!) I had some wine to calm my shattered nerves. Honestly if I could have taken an anti-anxiety pill I would have preferred that to the wine but I didn't have any. I know that when I'm worried alcohol is helpful. I learned that when I'm scared to death it really doesn't help.
        Life is very sweet now. I know this perception will change again in a few days. I haven't thought about alcohol although I did have a few drinks on 3 different occasions. I have to re-assess what I'm going to do over the next few days with regards to abstinence. I feel as if I'm still having aftershocks and can't make a decision.
        I am AF today and will be tomorrow. I like your posts Lucky.
        I'll post to everyone tomorrow. It's comforting to see my friends are still here and posting
        Janet

Comment

Working...
        X