Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, 20 November

Good Day All,
    Haven't had a computer for a few days as we are doing some construction and they pulled out some of the wires. I felt so isolated!!!!!!
    Of course I'm enjoying reading the posts I've missed but will save some for later when I'm feeling an urge.
    Thanksgiving through New Year's Day will be challenging for me. For right now, I'm sure to remain AF til thurs(Thanksgiving Day when I will have 25 people for dinner) I'll deal with that then (one day at a time).
    I certainly hope to be back later today. I feel so much stronger after spending some time here.

Have a wondeful day. You all inspire me!!!!!
    JAnet

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Hi Janet....I was worried/wondering about where you went. So we are both at 23 today right?? Glad to have my af partner back. Hope you are doing well.

Mike- I'm so exited for you for quitting smoking! I think there is some kind of snowball effect of doing good things for yourself. I did the opposite of you though and quit smoking first and then tried to tackle the drinking. But success in quitting smoking certainly did a lot to spur me on to do more. It also gave me some much needed confidence in trying to address my drinking issue. When I first quit smoking I remember thinking - well, at least I can still drink as much as I want. Great logic eh?
      But I have to admit it kind of helped me-I think. But now, things just feel different for me. Beginning a workout routine has helped in so many ways. I started at the very end of Oct. - probably on my second af day. I have had a much easier time this go around with being af. I can't tell you what it is exactly but the exercise just makes me feel better about me and drinking and smoking do not. Maybe there is something to those endorphins they talk about!
      I think the exercise has also helped me sleep better at night. I'm so happy for you. Best of luck with this. I hae a friend who is quitting on Thanksgiving. Wed night before bed she is having her last cigarette. At least that is the plan. Proud of you Mike!!

And hello to everyone else today! Sorry for not speaking to each. But hope you all have a great day. I'm at work so I'd better get busy!!

Kathy....are you moving furniture today?

Lisa

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Hi Everyone!
        3 weeks AF today! Life is much better, I"m much better..just checking in..have a great day all!
        Dianne

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Well done Dianne - 3 weeks - its amazing isn't it. Being Alcohol Free is a wonderful. I do however, worry about the weekends, until I have eaten and the feeling of craving goes. And Christmas looming, I am training my thoughts to think AF, AF, AF all over the holidays, how is everyone else dealing with the thought of the holidays coming up.

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Christmass is comming and so are the parties. im sat at home drinking larger .
            ive tryed two different makes now .
            Regards Phil

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Forgot to say its alchol free larger
              Problem is it tastes horrible .
              Regards Phil

Comment

Monday, 20 November

BIG CORRECTION HERE...must be topa dopa after effects! I have 5 (FIVE) weeks AF, not just 3! silly me!
                d
                thanks, helen mary! :0)

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I have just ended a 15 work day- no time to even think about drinking. Maybe this is the secret- geez!

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Day 2

I had a good day at work ( once the hangover had cleared away) and I discovered this site. I have tried a monthly abstention before and I have never lasted more than 10 days. This time I SHALL do better.
                    Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.

Comment

Working...
                    X