Moving thru May - week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - week 3

Hello movers, this is just a quick post to say hi. My daughter has been borrowing my laptop so I've been without it. Had to say Happy humpday though!

I'm going out shortly but I'll catch up with you all just as soon as I can.

Everything fine with me - hope we're all doing ok, I haven't had time to read back. ~Sorry this is so brief.

Sooty

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Rusty - a safe trip home

Sooty, miss hearing from you lady

Jolie, John - did you see that a tornado touched down in NE Philly this afternoon??? It was a small one but it still took the roof off of a business & slightly injured two people. I kind of feel like a sitting duck somedays with this weird weather

But I did check on my garden & have tomatoes on one plant already & a ton of weeds growing of course :H

Hope everyone has a good tornado free evening!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good morning everyone

Well I had a Rusty o'clock this morning. I was up at 5 a.m. My daughter has a school trip to Belfast and I had to have her at the train at 6 am. No point going back to bed as hubby gets up at 6.30 and I have to call my other daughter at 7. It's going to be a long day as they are not back until about 10 p.m. tonight.

Yesterday was a very historic day here. Queen Elizabeth is visiting Ireland, first time ever in the history of the Republic. Both she and President McAleese made very moving speeches last night. Security is very tight and there were some protests, hopefully the rest of the visit will go ok. Obama is coming next and I imagine he will get a great welcome. It seems Clinton did when he came as he was very popular after all the work he did in the peace process. It was lovely to see all the different sides there last night in Dublin Castle.

Well the sun is shining and doggies are looking for their walk so I had better go. Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good morning all!!

Nothing much new to report, just plugging away at my new job. I went out for pizza last night, had three glasses of iced tea and had a hard time sleeping. However, it was nothing like sleeping after ingesting alcohol!! I really wanted wine with dinner last night, I was tired and hungry. My husband was my support again, then as soon as I drank some tea and ate a bit, the craving was over. I am kind of scaring myself, I don't want to drink, but the cravings are for some reason hitting me more lately. Is this happening to anyone else? I was kind of hoping that the cravings would be gone after this long. Darn.

I have to say that I am so glad I did not drink though. I saw an old friend while out and planned to meet for lunch. If I had drank, there is no way I would have been able to socialize and feel confident. Also, while working out yesterday I saw another acquaintance and we committed to hanging out this summer. Again, not possible if alcohol were in the picture. I know that I have to keep in mind that all good things happen to those who do not drink. Great opportunities come in to the picture and you have to be open to them. Alcohol keeps you focused only on alcohol. So, thanks for listening to my concerns. I am definitely open to suggestions from any and all.

Dewdrop, good to hear from you, you are having a wonderful relaxing time off.

Rusty, how nice to have a long weekend. Doing anything special? I am not surprised your health is so much better AF. Great you told your doc about MWO. It is a lifesaving program. I know AA is a good program too, but there has to be more than one resource as AA does not meet everyone's needs. Thanks for advocating for MWO.

Lav, I understand your not wanting to move or sell your home at this particular time in history. Go ahead and vent away, we are hear for you. Hey, have you heard from Dill, I wonder how she is doing. Shelly too. Oh well, they will visit if they feel the need.

Jolie, home projects are never easy are they?

Cassia, an IPAD sounds fun. Are they just lighter than a laptop?

To all, have a great AF Thursday.:h
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good Morning Movers:

Yea - I have a few days off. Arrived in Florida late last night and am enjoying my morning coffee looking at beautiful blue skies - so much better than the grey, dreary, rainy weather we've been having back home. Sorry, Lav, and Jolie - I hope the weather brightens up back home!

Just saw on the morning news that people are getting killed over 'hair extensions'??? What in the world is happening to the human race?

Star - I loved your phrase "All good things happen to those who do not drink." So TRUE!!! I suspect your 'cravings' are being triggered by the changes in your life right now with the new job and making adjustments to your schedule. You are so fortunate to have such a supportive husband - You sound like a great team. I think you are doing all the right things - putting those thoughts of drinking in their proper perspective when those thoughts or cravings hit. Keep up the great work!

Getting ready to head out to my favorite local hangout for breakfast down here. I get such a kick out of the menu. There are more 'rules' posted than meals! "No substitutions", "$1.00 charge for extra plates", etc. It's very entertaining.

Greetings to rusty, rustop, sooty, lav, chill, cassia, lbh, dew, newgrange (hope I didn't miss anyone!)... hope you all have a wonderful AF day.
            John
            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good morning May Movers!

Good God, another ugly day starting here - time for a break I think

Hey John, have fun in the sun

Star, those cravings are likely a result of the changes in your life right now. I think it takes a very long time to completely change out thinking........just don't give up, keep moving forward!

Rustop, I heard about the Queen's visit on the news yesterday - about time I'd say
              Dublin castle was very cool, I have some nice pictures from my visit 8 years ago. Take a nap today

Greetings to Rusty & everyone stopping in today. I have not heard from Dill or Shelley but do think of them often :l

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday. Today is my 2 year smoke free anniversary & I have to be honest ~ it's the hardest thing I have ever done (I still think about the darn things everyday).

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good Afternoon all

Rustop - Im glad our Queen's visit is going well and hope it continues.

Lav - My Dad was telling me that one night it was so windy he went out in the morning and his greenhouse had blown clean away! Not a trace was ever found.

Star - Im not suprised about your AL thoughts, you have gone through a big change and I think all emotional issues will always trigger memories of how we once dealt with them. The good news is you are learning how to deal with them sober and I hope these are more slight urges rather than cravings. Star my ipad is my fav toy, its way smaller and lighter than an laptop and fits in a large handbag.

Paguy - Im jealous of these blue skies and sunshine, im back to wearing my few winter clothes here and cant imagine ever using my usual standard outfit of cutoffs and flipflops.

I had coffee this morning with a lovely charming man, he sadly lost his wife last year to breast cancer and has been left with two children under 9. He lives nearby and Im hoping we can be friends as he would be someone id really enjoy to have dinner with. Im in contact with another guy who is a regular cyclist and has invited me to join his group. I am over the moon but at the moment Im way too cold to contemplate that. This dating site is proving to be a great way to met new people and I can see there being more good friendships formed than romance which is fine with me.
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

x posts Lav - re the smoking, i agree it was a bloody tough one, I just celebrated 14 years smoke free last week!
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Hey chill! Glad you are getting out there and meeting people. Any job chat? I just paid $36 return on the bus to go an hour and 20 mins!!! Bloody he'll! At least they have wifi and I can listen to Alan cards radio show from Saturday.

Hey everyone! I got an email from my new boss saying that he is lookin forward to seeing me again and that they are putting everyone in our team in one place and it is a good time to start. I am super excited. Also found a gym for $40 a month which I am super pleased about.

No tornadoes here lab but the sky looks really menacing!

Will chat more later. X
                    'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Morning Troopers. So good that you are settling in Cassia and Chilly. Its been a bit busy in a good way in the last few days as I painted a large room (you?re a girl after my own heart, Chill, I always have fresh white walls, serene and clear) and finished removing large shrubs that had died in our February ?9F (-23C) deep freeze in preparation for the forty-five daylily plants shipped from Indiana which hopefully should arrive today. While I was in the back garden, I was intermittently displaced by an arbor crew with a huge bucket truck wedged in my narrow driveway, who were pruning a grateful and very beautiful eighty year old tree. There was always someplace else to shovel on to, and although I missed my exercise class, I suspect I got myself buffed with all that do-it-yourselfing. Today I am happy so far to just have errands and odds and ends before our trip tomorrow to Arizona pick up our new dog. If the lilies do arrive, that will of course change, I shall probably still be planting by the light of the moon. When I get tired I still crave ?something?. I know alcohol can?t be the solution but I do want ?something? and sometimes nothing else seems to be particularly appealing. As long as I make myself eat sensibly and have a healthy beverage, the thoughts do pass. I think it is bound to be harder, Star, when one also throws in a big change. Drinking is just what we are used to doing at such times and the f-ing idea comes back up. I learn from your words every day and I know that I would not be doing everything I am doing if I was on the sauce (oh, I also went to a PARTY in the middle of all this bustle, had a few paint specks along with me I fear:H, and have another party on Saturday). I really do actually like going to parties now rather than dread them as I did when I was drinking. At the last one Lord Bird Heart was out of town and I think I was the only person not drinking alcohol; I felt so free and light, not anxious at all. I better get going for now, baby plants are closing in. Blessings to all. Love, Ladybird.
                      may we be well

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

LBH, I'm sitting here with dark & menacing clouds overhead once again - ridiculous!
                        When the drinking & smoking thoughts make an appearance (and they do) I just tell myself 'No, that's what I used to do' and move on Have fun in the garden!

Chill, I'm of the mind romance is for other people. Friends & companions will due nicely

Cassia, I'm happy that your new employer is reaching out to you like that ~ sounds very nice

I need to get back to work before my dinner date arrives ~
                        He's requested meatballs & donuts :H
                        You gotta love the thinking of a 2 1/2 year old
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Hey all! Just to let you know that P3 is ok - just busy so hasn't had much time to post. X
                          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Good evening abbers!

Been super busy at work and my daughter has kidnapped the laptop the last couple of evenings so it's the first chance I've had to post.

Lav and PAguy - I was thinking about you guys last night - looks like a tornado may have touched down in north Philly. I know that's not where you are Lav but the strong storms looked like they were headed your way.

Another night of my dogs shaking and whining in the laundry room as more storms rolled thru tonight.

Chill - so glad you are meeting new people. Your story about the man with the two children really got my attention. A friend of mine at work had been divorced for years. Met a man at her church who had recently lost his wife to breast cancer and had two small children. They are now happily married and are getting ready to participate in our annual over-night cancer fund raiser at our local high school. They do it every year.

Cass - glad to see things are going well for you - $40/month sounds like a really good deal!

Star - I love iced tea in the summer and have recently switched to decaf as the fully loaded stuff would keep me up all night. Really can't taste much of a difference. I've decided to rent a steamer - yes, the wallpaper got the best of me

Rustop - I was really surprised that the Queen has never been there! Saw news accounts today of the protests - there always has to be some group that has to be annoying!

LBH - I know what you mean - it's really enlightening to go to social events completely sober. Before I had to make sure I was always "lit" before I ever got there so it wouldn't look like I was drinking a lot. Ughhhh - glad that's done with.

Well - have a great evening everyone - So happy that tomorrow is FRIDAY!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Hey All, sorry for being MIA the past few days. As Cass said, i've been so busy with everything I just ran out of energy at nite. I've been reading all the posts tho and you guys are with me everyday!

John-would you please send some sunshine up the east coast? PULEEZE????

another rainy dreary day here in New England. More of the same tomorrow and Sat.
                              There does seem to be a shaft of light coming through the universe however-I accepted a shipping bid for my camper and if everything goes the way it is planned the Paphut will be in my drive before noon on Saturday!! Trying not to get too excited tho with the way things have been going lately. You all will be the first to know when it gets here!

Formally declined Job #1's employment offer today. Very sad. No word from job #2. Put up a 35 mm SLR camera and lenses from about 25 years ago on Ebay last Sat. It sold tonite for my reserve of $50. Sad to see it go but truthfully have not even taken it out in 20 years. One down. Have decided NOT to cancel Planet Fitness membership. Went there tonite after work to cancel, couldn't do it. Only 10 a month and as I was watching everyone through the window I remembered how much I enjoyed going there and taking me time. Will go tomorrow nite directly after work. Time to get serious about losng this weight.
                              Just plodding along for now. Trying my best to have the courage to change what I can and to accept what can't be changed.
                              :l
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Moving thru May - week 3

Hi all

Where is everyone today? Just back from the hairdressers so I am later than usual. Made my last school lunch for my daughter this morning!! She has 2 weeks of block classes in the morning and then the exams start so this is her last full school day. Very emotional week.

Papmom - hang in there, it will eventually all come together.

Jolie - My daughters have their own laptops so thankfully I have the house computer to myself, otherwise I would never get on here.

LBH - Lovely to see you back. Safe journey to Arizona. I bet you cant wait to get your dog, pics please.

Hi to everyone else and have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Working...
                                X