Moving thru May - Week 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving thru May - Week 4

arggh. just ate all my lunch and it's not even blasted 11am yet. Why am I so obsessed with being thin???
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning everyone

We too got the 100mph gales in places yesterday. At least the sun seemed to come out between the showers for Obama. They were not sure if they would be able to fly him down to Moneygall where his Grandfather's Grandfather came from but they did. The visit seemed to go well and there were huge crowds in Dublin for his speech. He was supposed to spend the night but had to leave because of the ash cloud. Some of our airports could be closed today. Fingers crossed for you Chill.

I drove about 3 hours yesterday to meet up with some old friends. One of them lives in London but was home and we decided to have a get together. We met for dinner and it was lovely. I was driving so no Al, just lots of laughs. I drove about an hour on the way back and then stayed in a hotel. Just got up at Rusty o'clock this morning and was back in time to take the girls to school.

Cassia - so glad your first day went ok. I am sure you made the right decision.

Papmom - Loved the pictures and hope you have many hours of pleasure in it. Did you ever hear back from job 2? You probably mentioned it and I might have missed it. This thread moves so fast.

Lav and John - Hope you survived the storms. Rain seems to make the grass grow, we have had so much of it the last few weeks and like yours I can see the grass growing.

Thanks for dropping by Rebirth and Determinator. This is a great thread with some wonderful people on it. Hi to all of you I have not mentioned and have a great day.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning guys,

Sounds like wild weather is all around us. Is it me or are there some crazy things happening in this little world of ours. So horrible for the people of Joplin, MO - I don't think any of us can imagine the total chaos their lives must be right now - I'm sure the pictures on TV don't even do it justice. Pray for them guys - they are going to need a lot of prayers in the near future.

Chill and Rustop - 100 mph winds is nothing to sneeze about - hopefully there wasn't any damage where you live. Chill - hope the airports stay open so your guest can depart on time

Papmom - I wouldn't sell the scope either - you'd probably regret it - some things are just to dear to get rid of. Side note - the birds in the nest on my front door wreath have hatched! Very cool to watch their little necks stretching out and calling to mama!

Rebirth - I do the same thing - good thing I work or I would have some serious weight issues as I know I would eat all day long!

Lav and John - glad you avoided the worst of it last night but according to my weather guy, we are in for more storms tonight - supposedly worse than last night. So Lav - who are you taking tonight? My favorites are Chelsea and Mark but I like them all! My husband is a huge steelers fan and even though he isn't actually watching the show, he is routing for Hines and Kim. I like to call Hines "smiley" cause that's all he ever does! I'm a huge Ravens fan so Sunday afternoons during football season are very interesting in my house

Good Tuesday morning to Star, Det, Rusty and anyone else who drops by!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning ~ I suppose
          Am I allowed to say I am sick of this eternally crappy weather??
          I know I have nothing to complain about considering what the folks in the midwest are facing.

Rustop, it was funny to see President Obama lifting a pint on the news. His wife looked like she wasn't enjoying hers :H

Chill, put McBoreAss on a train if you have no other way of getting rid of him :H

Jolie, I've found mushrooms popping up in my yard. I think I've had enough of this current weather pattern!!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF Tuesday ~ pray for sun.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning all!

Just finished a resistance training exercise class and feel really good. I am liking this new schedule of mine so far.

Lav, it is really sunny here and I am west of you so I hope the weather goes your way. Since I have to work, it can rain, and I planted alot of things, so I wouldn't mind a rainy week, just so the weekend is nice. But, traditionally, Memorial Day has rainy parts, so I am preparing myself.

To all, have a great AF day.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Well everyone?s Moving through May with great speed. Papmom I?m really pleased for you that you were able to keep the paphut even if you will have to make a few sacrifices I am sure you will really enjoy it, we all need a little indulgence now and again to keep the spirits up. Mine would be a hot tub for the garden! Now that?s an indulgence that?s never going to happen Jolie the bird nest on your door is so funny how amazing that it has done that and that it?s still there, and I know what you mean about the weather across the world ? what is happening

Well I?m just home and am off out again to the Meditation group I go to once a month, it?s great to touch base with other people who meditate and we have the opportunity to discuss what?s working or not as the case may be! I?ve another busy day tomorrow and then off to see the 2 year old birthday girl, her brother is keeping a bit of cake for me as they are having a little party for her after school/nursery. I think he is more excited than she is (and expecting a few presents himself I think). Our weather is slightly better today but the volcanic ash has now grounded lots of flights across Scotland. I?m wondering how you are faring Chill
              with your friend, you might have him for a few days longer at this rate, is it strange being with him in a different country and out of context so to speak?

Hi to Rusty, Star, Paguy, Rebirth, Rustop, Lav (hope the chicks are good) and everyone else.

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Guess what - the sun just popped out :yay:
                Probably won't last long as storms are predicted for later today.

rebirth - what's going on with you?
                Sounds like you may be pushing yourself a little hard. What's going on with the BF?
                I'm glad you popped in so we can give you a great big group :l

Star - take advantage of your new free time

Dewdrop, I love the sound of a 'meditation group' but I'm absolutely sure there is nothing like that here in cow country. Enjoy yourself & the birthday cake too
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good Eveeeenninnnnggggg (insert Alfred Hitchcock's voice here)

So....threadmates, we have a new person who's been lurking on our thread and already you're spreading rumors about me!:H Well, I really can't call them RUMORS because they're TRUTHS!

Welcome, Determinator.:hithere:

A weary, exhausted hello from Omaha, Nebraska. The views of Nebraska from the plane were frightening....devastating flooding across the state.

Chill-does Mr.Notsothrilling know you're dating? I would let him know.....he might leave sooner than you think! I feel kind of sorry for him...he doesn't know he's as interesting as dryer lint.:H

Rebirth-great to see you! I miss you. You sound fantastic.

Dew, yup, I'm with you....an indulgence for me would be a hot tub on my deck, with Mr. G in it!

Rustop-were you following Obama's visit?

Cassia-i'm glad your first day of work went well.

Lav-how are you? Do we have any YB sightings to report?

A cheery hello to anyone I didn't mention...have a fabulous evening!

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Happy Humpback Day Guys

Star - this is a holiday weekend here too this week, our weather doesn't look good, more rain and pretty low temperature. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new routine.

Cass - tell us how the last couple of days were at your new job, I hadn't realized your Sister was over there, are you close?

Lavande;1119622 wrote:
                    Chill, put McBoreAss on a train if you have no other way of getting rid of him :H
                    Lav - I already checked out trains and flights from England and one way or another McBoreAss :H (I love it!) is leaving today......

Rusty - yes I told him I was dating, he didn't seem at all put out, I genuinely think he just thinks of us as friends.

Have a wonderful AF Wednesday everyone......
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Happy Hump Day all -
                      it's going to be a long day for me unfortunately!
                      Woke up at 3:30 am, nightmare/hot flash combo

But I am looking forward to meeting friends for lunch this afternoon & possibly another trip to the plant nursery I like in Lancaster County. My daughter & Lily want to go

Rusty, you are out in LVT's territory I think!
                      Sorry we put out a warning to Deter ~ he is a married man :H
                      The YB made an appearance Sunday, hence the difficulty in my sub-conscious since then

Chill, hope the weather shapes up for you soon! Nothing seems to be right weatherwise anywhere in the world.

Well, it's 5:15 - the sky is starting to lighten up so I may as well go put a pot of coffee on.
                      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Lav,

Good Lord you are up early! My alarm goes off at 4:40 a.m. and I drag myself out of bed - today was worse than normal - stayed up too late last night but not late enough to see that Hines took the mirror ball - now I've got to deal with hearing about that forever

I'm looking forward to a 4-day weekend - renting the wallpaper steamer on Friday so wish me luck!

Lav - Lancaster county is beautiful - I especially like to go in the fall and a friend of mine at work and I usually take a trip in October.

Dew, hope the ash moves out of your way quickly and blue skies return! That must be a very strange feeling! I tried to meditate on my own a couple of times and find that it requires a lot of patience and self control - ummmm, maybe I'll try again sometime I wasn't too successful as I found my mind wandering.

Chill - is he gone?

Mornin to Star, Rustop, Rusty, John, Rebirth - happy hump day everyone!
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Hi everyone

Another wild and windy one here. Something strange happening with the weather for sure. We normally have lovely weather at this time. Anyway still managed a walk and now need to catch up with things in the house. One daughter on holidays so it will be a challenging 3 months!! The other studying so wont get much computer time.

Just wanted to wish you all a happy hump day.

Rustop

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good morning on this Wednesday.

I had an OK day at work yesterday, some changes already that make me feel kind of worried. I had a hard time sleeping, but eventually slept well. I still am so happy I took this new job, I just need to be in the moment and not always worrying about the future. I realize that I was on edge for so long that it became a habit. I want to create a habit of calm, peace and harmony. I am really focused on physical health this week, and it feels good. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on a spiritual book. Or a spiritual site. I just kind of wondered where people are spiritually, so if anyone is in the mood, let's talk.

Hello to rusty, lav, chill, jolie, rustop, cassia, paguy, dewdrop, determinator, guitarista, lbh, papmom, sooty, dill(i miss you) and sped. To all,have a great AF day.
                            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Star,
                              I often go to Emotional Healing Arts Meditation Workshops | Chopra.com &Hay House Publishing ? Books, DVDs, Live and Online Author Events, E-books, iPhone Apps
                              You can tune into replays of radio shows anytime on Hay House Radio - Listen Live to Hay House Authors

Is it really only 9:15????
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Moving thru May - Week 4

Good evening peeps
                                I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. It's always so active here. It's lovely. x
                                Be strong-
                                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                                X