wed 29 june af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed 29 june af

I don't want anyone to be jealous but my tube of Chicken Poop Lip Junk arrived today :H

My new favorite website sells lots of chicken poop related stuff :H

Simone Chickenbone, Natural Put-Ons™

Papmom, related to your other post this morning - Singer sewing machines are notorious for being crappy regardless of the price. Never used one that didn't have some sort of problem
    I own a Bernina & a Husqvarna - the Swiss & the Swedes know how to make awesome machines

Deter, stay safe & out of thise nasty bars - yuck!

Greenie, sew something for your bathroom - you can do it

Kaslo, could you really leave your home & beautiful gardens??
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wed 29 june af

Hey Gang

Just breezing through. Had a great couple of days - since quitting. I know, weird huh? It's got to be, like TOTAL coincidence that just because I stopped pouring toxic liquid down my throat 2 days ago, i had a good sleep, the sadness and depression I felt on Monday lifted and I got my positive attitude back.... Yep, no connection and I won't let anyone tell me otherwise!

The other thing that's happening is that I'm finally coming to the end of a very intense 3 year course and I am at last actually working with real patients (it's healthcare related). It's so incredibly rewarding to see people feeling better, healthier and happier because of ME. And then they go and leave a tip or a homemade card and it makes me feel EVEN better to be so appreciated. I have a very bright future ahead of me with this new career path and am determined not to screw it up. I also want to keep my integrity intact and not be a hypocrite by damaging my own health so badly with AL whilst attempting to heal other people. It just won't work. All good motivation to keep going with being AF.

So all is well and I am happy. It was interesting to me to reflect too on the 'going to bars' thing, as I just arranged to meet some friends in a bar tonight and am only day 3 AF. I have decided I will still go along but only for the last hour and one friend there is my ex who well knows my AL struggles and the other friend thinks I don't drink anymore (and also knows it's because I've had a problem with it). So there would be definite eyebrows raised if I showed up and ordered a drink. If the situation was any different, I definitely wouldn't entertain the thought of going, though I will say that when I am 100% committed to being AF, I could spend all night in a bar and it wouldn't bother me. The times (I have) to watch are when I'm wavering and being around it will lead down the obvious path each and every time.... Also, I know I will feel happier to get out and socialize for a bit rather than stay home and feel bored for another night so I feel I am taking care of my mental health too.

Have a great evening all.
      See you in the morning - not hungover.
      Bean

Comment

wed 29 june af

Lav, Chicken Poop Lip Junk hahahahaha oh man. hows it....taste?

Bean, love the resolve! I agree that being a healer you have an opportunity to be a good role model for sure.

well, i 'celebrated' tonight with a 28-day dry aged 20oz ribeye steak. wooooo doggy! I'm all bouncy with B vitamins now, energized and happy in the afternoon sun. (picture Snoopy doing a backflip off his doghouse)
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

wed 29 june af

Evening Abbers!! Well, I did it. I bought the machine! It's a Husky Star 215 made by Viking/Husqvarna (you're right lav on the swede/swiss thing-Husqvarna also make super great chainsaws etc which my bro loves, him being an arborist and all!). It's a very basic model, no bells and whistles and the bobbin is front load not top drop in so that is a bit different and will take getting used to. I got to try it out and man is it smooooooth!! and quiet!! I definitely got a super deal on this and hope it lasts me a very long time. Everyone I've talked to says the Singers went totally downhill in the last 10 years or so when they started getting made in the far east. It will probably cost more than the machine is worth to get it fixed so I will try to sell it on Craigs List or Ebay "as is". If that doesn't work, off to Freecycle it goes. I'm very excited to get it set up and get to work on the new belly bands this weekend. Speaking of which, Jen, I will PM you the directions as soon as I finish this post.

Greenie-you made your own coats??? WOW!!!! You should definitely break out that machine and make your own window treatment for the bathroom. So glad you are liking how it is turning out now.

Kas-OMG!! I think I would die if I had to leave that beautiful piece of property!! But, I've heard Victoria is gorgeous too. How do you feel about this possibility? Thanks for the parasitic analogy!! Makes perfect sense to me!!

Bean-I look forward to your post tomorrow morning celebrating your success as staying AF tonite.

Deter-You sound good this time on the road. Take care of yourself and stay out of the hotel bar!!

DG-I didn't get a chance to look at the torture machine your gym is tryng to sell you on. Sounds horrid I must say which probably means it is awesome for you!! Kind of like liver and onions :H

Lav-I can't believe they are successful in selling natural beauty items and calling them Chicken Poop!!:H Sounds lovely!!

M3-I know these messages from the universe are probably the result of web mining but I got a thrill out of it anyway this morning!! Thank you for the cool words-made me blush!!

I definitely have sneaky thoughts as well but I keep reminding myself that my brain doesn't process AL like normal people so the discussion is closed. Mostly if I think about it, it's because I'm not liking myself at the moment or my circumstances and I want to punish myself. I know for sure I would not want a drink for the sake of having a drink. Nope. It's self destruction for sure and I DON"T want to go there anymore.

I'm at that point in my workload that no matter how much I do, twice as much gets put back in so it looks like I've accomplished nothing. This is very disheartening but it happens every season and I do get through it. I may need to spend more weekends this time wading through the workflow but it will get done. And, if I am very lucky and can believe the Universe, this will be the last season I'll ever have to do this sort of all consuming data entry. If I get job number 2A, the workload will be just as much but it will be of a different type and hopefully not as mind numbing. Keeping fingers crossed and lines open that I get a call early next week to interview with the new "boss".

Although I was tired and hungry by the time I got home at 7pm, I did force myself to take Mick for a walk. yea me!! Tomorrow is MD appt in the AM and then Mick to the groomers at 1pm for a long overdue session. I'm sacrificing something this month to do this for him, just not sure what it will be. It's now a matter of good health so it has to be done.

Enjoyed the finals of the Voice tonite and wouldn't have been disappointed no matter who won. The talent of the final four was incredible. Also watched America's Got Talent for a few minutes and was blown away by the 42 yo housewife who just HAD to be lipsyncing the opera piece!! No way did that voice come out of that tiny, unassuming, shy woman!! Brought tears to my eyes!!

Ok, time to get ready for bed and get some quality sleep (I hope).
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
          X