friday af daily 1 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday af daily 1 July

Bean;1140236 wrote: Oh, I KEEP meaning to ask Lav (but anyone else as you all seem to know), what on earth does 'YB' stand for? I know it's your (ex) husband Lav but can't for the life of me figure it out and it's been bugging me. I don't need another excuse to drink... Ha ha. Just kidding.

Yard Boy. :b&d: Most of the time. Yo! B__________! Also works.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

friday af daily 1 July

:H DG

It's true Bean - Yard Boy, Yo B____!, whatever fits the mood :H
      I've even told him that's how I think of him these days because he only shows up to cut grass :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

friday af daily 1 July

DG-Seriously???? Over $500????? Holy Shite!! I can't wait to hear how much the winning bid is!! Good on you for the steps and the jogging.

Bean-keep up the great work. You CAN do this!

Kas-awesome photo!!

Lav-can't wait to see pics of your redone bedroom. Hint Hint.

M3-healing vibes going out that your back gets better fast

AA-have a GREAT trip with your son!

Deter-was that a Paleo approved dinner last nite? :H

LVT- MWO Prairie Woman-love that!!

Deter-was that a Paleo approved dinner last nite? :H

Bear-I've said it before and I'll say it again. You're not ready to give up AL. And maybe you don't need to at this point. I know you say that it does nothing for you and you feel crap afterwards but your actions say it isn't bad enough to admit you have to do without it completely. It would be great if you could get to that point sooner rather than later. It would save you YEARS of torture and also the possibility of a horrid rock bottom because i fear you are definitely heading down that road. But we all have to get to that point in our own way and in our own time frame. I don't mean this to sound too harsh and I'm not judging you in any way. I'm just seeing me 15-20 years ago in you and I wish there had been this type of support back then but then again, I wasn't ready and that's too bad. I really hurt myself by drinking the way I did for that long. :l

Remember those 2 jobs I interviewed for? Job #1 I was offered but had to turn it down. Job #2 I didn't get. BUT! I got a phone call tonite from the person who DID get Job #2 and she wants to talk to me about being the Ass't Registrar (my title where I am presently) which also has been open for quite a while. I'm meeting with her next Friday at 9am and I'm very excited!! Although it's a lateral move for me (and hopefully not a cut in pay) my job will encompass so much more than what I'm doing now and that is what excited me, plus the shorter commute and getting back to the school I couldn't forget. I'll need lots of collective positive vibes thrown my way-I think that if she feels good about our rapport then I think I've got the job. I hope. But, the salary is an issue. They wouldn't give me a range-they said they are reassessing the position. I just need them to match what I'm getting now and I will be a super happy camper.
        This will henceforth be referred to as Job #2A.

OK, time to eat and relax. Have weigh in tomorrow (won't be pretty-must. remember. to. track.) then a funeral, then a pool party I will NOT be partaking in the pool activities. The only reason I'm going is that my bro and his family will be there and I'm not sure I'll be going out to them on Monday for the parade.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll try to check in on Sunday.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

friday af daily 1 July

Thank god we cleared that up. I have been busting to know. Thanks Bean. Yes its fabulous here today, and I have been drifting around, swim, sun, weed, swim, sun, photos, snack, swim, weed, read, swim, play with the parrot. All and all, a lovely day. I have some salmon to put on the bbq, and will steam some rice and and saute a bit of brocolli with garlic. Perhaps a SECOND raspberry cooler.

Bean you have really gone out on a limb, and I admire you for it, because I was thinking the same thing but didnt want to appear to be negative. Not drinking ever again is a hard decision to live with, and stick with. I failed a couple of times, but when I look back at the times I failed, I said never again but in my heart I was still plotting my next binge later, much later, I wasnt ready. AND I might still fail some day. Christ on a pony, I hope not, though.

Love to one and all. Bean you sound terrific.

kas
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

friday af daily 1 July

Ouch! M3 I hope that turns around for you pronto!

P3, great news on the job scene job#2A

Bean I'm really curious about what kind of work you do if you don't mind sharing. Whatever it is, M3 is right. AL clouds all those energies. You already know that though don't you.

"Christ on a pony" rolled out of my chair laughing, kaslo :H:H:H
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

friday af daily 1 July

back home weeeeeeeeeee

Papmom, sadly chocolate cake is NOT paleo approved. d-oh! bad cave man. must run some laps around the Jurassic park tomorrow. Kudos on the job lead!

DoggyGirl, have you read any of Sally Fallon? she's the head of the Weston A Price foundation and a hell of a nutritionalist. been really enjoying some podcasts with interviews of her recently. it's so true about processed food (crap-in-a-box I call it) is engineered to be very cheap to make, to have a shelf life of a billion years and to be addictive for sure. if this low-fat low cholesterol processed junk was effective it would be one thing, but look at the people that eat it.....they are fat and look like death.

well, no big plans for the weekend aside from unpack and rest up.

Bear! it's time for emergency measures dear friend. get your butt to an AA meeting. ANYTHING beats continuing to binge. you need to get mean and lay down the law. hoping the very best for you. check in early tomorrow and lets get this weekend on the right foot.

cheerio lads and lassies, it's time to zzzzzzzz
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X