Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Mornin' Everyone.

Rise and shine. Workout done...humid out there this morning.

Will check in later.

M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

AF Daily Monday 8/8

good morning all! Focused on getting to work on time! Will check in later!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Headed to the river. Later!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

fABbies! Good morning! Thanks for getting us started M3. Workout done? IMPRESSIVE!

DogLvr - congrats on making it through the event, and also good job on your plan for while you are away! I remember well the "drinks in the lobby" days. "Let's stop for just one before dinner." Yah right.

Det - I will happily send you a dog! Just say the word.

P3 - I say ditch the old glasses and use your NICE ones every day!!!

Lav - you are such a good Doggy Grandma and that is all!

Greenie...trim painting....:egad: How long 'til that's over?

Hi to everyone else!

I am still covered in poison ivy. I'm hoping the "It Gets Worse Before It Gets Better" phase is almost over. That is all.

One thing is for sure...no drinking for me today.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

G'day Momma's x 2, Greenie, DG, and Fab Abberoo's far and wide,

I've just emailed Sheri, so i'll let you know if i hear from her, not that i'm in regular contact at all, i last emailed her about a year ago. I'm presuming we don't know why she hasn't been posting?

Geez DG, hope the poison ivy rash subsides real quick. Maybe a bath in some of your homemade jam?

Have a great day everyone!

One thing's for sure.....................

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Aaauuuugggghh

I hate it when I write a totally long entry and then my computer times out on me. Pisses me off. So now it will be short.

Sober and awake this morning after a great sleep. Puppy has become more psycho after neutering than before (I thought it was supposed to help but it has made him insane).

Should be a quiet relaxing day today. Almost done White Oleander - again, amazing book!

One thing is for sure.
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Reporting in from the heat & humidity capitol again - ugh!

M3, you are so dedicated to your workouts, bless you

Greetings papmom & Greenie!
              DG, I always notice the longer the Twins are here the calmer they get. They have the opportunity to do some serious running here & i think they just get it out of their systems if you know what I mean DG - you can still try the Zanfel for your PI - it's the only thing that worked for me.

Mr G - always great to see you!
              I hope Sheri is OK - goodness.

Uni, Boo is a Lab pup, right?
              It generally takes them a long time to grow up & settle down, they are naturally energetic. I loved White Oleander - read it quite a while ago.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

CRAP! I’m tired!

First day of school….
                It’s a Monday…

Get little IJM off to school….Check
                Get the carpool schedule for this week….Check
                Get Little IJM uniform shirts to the seamstress for logos….Check
                Take office school supply “donation” to school…Check
                Get Mrs. IJM off to the lake for a few days….Check
                Get my butt to the office…Check

I think that about covers it. Now if no one will mess with me until after lunch I should be fine. No time to think about AL today! I do have the next two evenings “unmonitored” but I’m going to plow through it. I have day 21 under my belt tomorrow.

Hello to everyone. Hope you all have a GREAT Monday! I’ll check in later today when I have more time to see what everyone is up to.

By the way, I almost forgot the IJM thought of the day: Ever had amnesia and deja vu at the same time…I think I've forgotten this before

IJM

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Goooood morning Absinofaberas! I see several present and accounted for. M3 as usual has waxed the fitness dept. P3 off to work. Greenie river bound. DG peeling, red and itchy (?), but some how still manages to be cheerful and positive, you are amazing, hope that clears up soon, the PI not the C&P. Guitarista, hello from Canada, Uni, enjoy the lakeside relaxing, wish I could join you, Lav stay cool, and please explain why everyone on this thread has a dog except Deter and me? (I would love a dog, but its not to be alas..), IJM too funny...have a great day though. btw Foster Hewitt (the Canadian hockey announcer) used to say...its Deja vu all over again!

As pour moi, I finished my stinky paper,, and now I prepare for my north trip.

I got word last night that the person who inspired me to quit 7 months ago (almost, in seven days it will be seven months) is now back in hosp again, swollen, wretched, disorientated, freezing cold, sick, tired, and in liver and kidney failure. She had a closet wine addiction of about a bottle a day sometimes less or more....and then nearly bled to death following a knee operation. She has not been the same since and she is only 70, and could go on like this for months. What a horrible way to die, and there but by the grace of God go I. And by the grace of myself for having the resolve to never drink again. Apparently this happens to alcoholics a lot, its a real risk following surgery. I had no idea she drank that much, and she hid it, just like I did.

So thats MY thought for the day. One thing is for sure... and for lots of very good reasons including the one that I dont ever want to have the long slow death of a jaundiced closet drinker.
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

IJM,
                    If I ever think about looking for a new spouse I want one just like you
                    Mine never did much to help out with the day to day stuff.......
                    You stay connected here the next two days & we'll all help keep you on board, You have to be careful around here - it doesn't take much for DG to start :b&d:

Kaslo, glad your stinky paper is done. I don't take up much room in a suitcase & would love to travel north - sounds like an adventure! So sorry to hear about your friend. Another lesson for all of us to keep in mind, huh?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Happy Un-hung Monday ABeeerooonies! may your breakfast be brimming with garlicky goodness.

Kas, A powerful and sad lesson for all. So glad your setting a sterling example and will make her proud.

DoggyGirl, if a box shows up on my doorstep with air holes cut in it, your in big trouble! Dx would probably put me in the doghouse and let the dog move in taking my place LOL. just kidding. the main problems are 1)I'm allergic to many dogs and 2)I'm gone so darn much.

Lav, there must be a chilled zucchini soup recipe somewhere that would help keep you cool.

will catch up with the rest of ya's soon.

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Hello from Alabama (humid here, too, but that is the norm in the summer.)

I have been missing the last couple of days purely because I have been busy between grandchildren, family, housework, etc. It has been fun. :-)

It is so different to be a stay at home wife. I enjoy it a lot. Too bad we need $$$

Glad to see all are doing well in terms of AF, sorry about the poison ivy, though, DG. Been there done that. Aveeno Oatmeal bath always did wonders for me. Once in a while I did have to do the steroid thing but I always made that a last ditch effort. Generally only used it if I had PI around me eyes. That can be dangerous.

Uni, my mutt who is mostly lab and who knows what else, is a hyper animal. I was forewarned by my vet that he was likely to be, neutered or not.

He is now almost 5 years old and only now starting to settle down a bit.

However, I could not ask for a kinder, sweeter dog. Very loving.

I still have scars on my arm from when he was still a puppy and a hole fixed by tape on my leather couch where he decided it was a chew toy when he was a puppy.

All we deal with now is that he is super protective of my house. I shudder to think what would happen if he got out when the UPS or FedEx guys, or any other strangers for that matter, are on my property. I am very afraid he would bite them. As it is, my doors and windows get attacked when they approach.

It is somewhat nice, though, when hubby is out of town. I fall asleep at night knowing I have an alarm system with fur and teeth.

Off for now. Have to do my weights today. I think the exercise part of my plan is helping me tremendously to stay sober.

I know one thing for sure...

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Great to see you Cindi,

Keep rockin it! x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Deter - I turned the garden over to the weed gods......
                            There are a few 45 lb zucchinis out there but I'm not touching them :H :H

Cindi, you do sound good! Glad you are well & enjoying the kids. As far as the money goes - most of us do need more but the sanity has to come first

Hello again Mr G
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily Monday 8/8

Hello friends,

Just checking in, I just got back from my visit to my sister's....well the farm I guess. I don't even know what to call it now. My brother in law's just doesn't sound right. He is doing ok, but still gets very sad and emotional at times. It's only been 3 months so I pray it will get easier with time. It still feels like home to me (this was my parent's home as well) but I had an uncomfortable feeling in the mornings when I woke up. I can't begin to describe it or explain it....but I certainly didn't like it. He is trying to make some decisions about memorial stones etc, so there were a few uncomfortable discussions and a trip out to the cemetery last evening. So sad.

I should do something constructive, but I think I'll take a little siesta instead.

Later.:h
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X