X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

The Insanity Twins do not like to sleep in

I have some work to do this morning then looking forward to meeting an old friend for lunch. Just the ;arge dose of sanity I need right now :H

Hope Marshy is OK & out of the way of the London rioting

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Hi lav

Yep hope anyone in London is ok,

Have a great alcohol free day :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Morning guys - quick check in today.

Tired and heading home for the week. Be back to the trailer on the weekend. Need to get to some meetings and a GF of mine celebrates one year on Saturday so that will be exciting.

Not much to report, same old, same old. Love sobriety!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Thanks for thinking of me Lav!
        Scary stuff happening in London. The first two nights of riots were a few miles away from me but I switched the TV on yesterday afternoon to see how things were going and there was live coverage from my local high street with people smashing shops and rampaging about, riot police trying to keep them contained.

It was a scary evening, especially as my GF is away at the moment so I was home alone. I'm about 10 mins walk away from where the violence was last night and at one point heard a police helicopter overhead and thought the trouble was moving closer but it was still being contained, just about.

I went out this morning to have a look at the damage - burnt-out cars, shop windows smashed. There's a big clean-up operation going on.

Hoping for a more peaceful day for everyone today.

Hi Mario, Uni and all to come.
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Hello friends,

Thanks for checking in Marshy. I'm glad you're ok. I'm a little out of touch, why are they rioting? Stay safe!!!!

Lav, have you ever considered carving a kayak or a canoe out of a zucchini? I have thought about it, but just never taken the time.

Kaslo--have a great trip! We will of course be with you in spirit and don't forget the popcorn! Can' wait to hear all about it.

Cindi--what Det said about the money--what good is it, if you lose your health from drinking? Hugs to you so glad to see you posting here.:l

Hi Uni and Mario and all to come! Thanks for your support as always!:l

I'm seriously going to get my supplements together, start using my BHRT religiously and start exercising and making an effort to eat better. I told hubby last night that menopause and teenage boys were probably not a good combination. I STILL remember when my mom went through it and my dad trying to explain why she was so irritable and mad all the time! I still find myself having great difficulty letting loose of the control of my son who is almost 17. I hate feeling distrustful. He is just such a social person and loves being with all kinds of friends--even the ones that probably aren't the best influence. Yesterday after they were here, we found a cigar wrapper in the bathroom. I let my husband deal with it, and rather than asking my son about it--he accused him and that probably wasn't the best way to handle it. Not a huge deal, just trying to get these kids to fear and respect us!! Anyway, he says it belonged to his 18 year old friend who smoked it outside. I will be glad when school starts.

I really need to get busy. Fall is definitely in the air here. The weather has been just beautiful. I love fall, I hope it stays like this for a long time! I will check back in later if I find some time. I've got to start my walking routine. I'm considering trying the couch to 5k thing--the Race for the cure is only about 6 weeks away!

Have a great sober day all!!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Oh gosh Marshy!! I didn't even know about the rioting until just now! Why? What the heck???? So glad you are safe and sound but jeez, not a nice way to live. This is quite unusual for London isn't it? My neph wants to study abroad in London next summer. Please tell those hooligans to cool it!!

Lav-are they gone?

Thanks Deter-listened to podcast #87 today on the way in-covered sugar addiction. Fasinating stuff. This is going to be very tuff for me!

OK, back to work!
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Yeah unbelievable scenes in London. There seems to be general sense of societal breakdown in many places in the world. I sense a shift in consciousness is coming. Keep safe Marshy.
              But on a lighter note-I got 30 days!!!!! and I've baked a cake.
              Yahoo!
              T
              AF since 11 July 2011
              You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

So glad you are ok Ms Marshy :l

Watching this stuff unfold, in person or on TV is very scarey! This is what I remember as a kid:
                1964 Philadelphia race riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Twins are still here & in the house because it is getting ready to rain........they seriously stink when they get wet :H

Treya - congrats to you on your 30 AF days :yay:
                I hope you bake many, many more cakes
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

OMG Marshy, thats awful. It seems like riots in the street should no longer happen, but there must be a huge underpinning of discontent. Lav, the race riots of 64 were just as scary, I was reading about the Freedom Ride..... AND of course we had a band of malcontents start and maintain the riot in Vancouver last spring. Huge amounts of damage but I think England is in worse shape. In Greece, too. Financial discontent, its that what is going on? The division between the rich and poor getting too much wider? My daughters cant explain it to me, but basically young people must be pissed at what is going on in the world. Or they simply want to rage around and be a-holes. I have no idea.

Will try to keep track, leaving today for NWT but also Helen is not doing well and appears to be dying more quickly from liver failure than we expected her to. So will go see her first, a drive over the Paulson summit from here, then dash back rush around doing stuff, then jump on the plane from here. No time to blink.

Love to all. be good.

kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

(((Marshy and LVT)))

I remember when my mother went through menopause. (naturally even). Good, God. My sister and I avoided her for over a year. I say drugs and lots of them for me when I get there!

DG, hope your hubby is OK. Saw your post the other day. xoxo

Hello to all of you other fabbies!

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

aFTERNOON FABBies! oops

When my mother told me she didn't use hormone therapy, I thought to myself, "well THAT explains a lot" :H

Geez, I don't get those riots. The mentality of "the police really pissed us off so let's destroy our neighborhood" baffles me. Scary stuff marshy, the way they burned buildings.

Travel safely, kaz.

Now it seems the tile guy put in a threshold that lends itself to flooring, not carpet ..so that has to be addressed before the carpet is installed. Grrrr... I'm about tired of this project.

Onward ho!
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

hidy ho ABerooooos!

glad your ok Marshy and other UK dwellers.

yep, a long-time bad economic situation compounded by folks just getting so sick of 'politics as usual' with no resolutions in sight. it's not a rich vs poor thing, it's a poor disillusioned populace vs government thing. some of the folks interviewed on the street saying that they've been ripped off for so long they are going to start taking things by force (flat screen TV's etc from local shops). of course it's business that suffers from this vandalism but nonetheless that seems to be the motivation.
                        whenever economies become dire, pre existing social anxieties tend to become very inflamed. whether they are religious, racial or otherwise. Anyway, if I had my druthers, I'd rather be in a riot sober as opposed to drunk!

AFM good to see you

had salmon with pesto and grilled veggies for breakfast. bout ready for a nap now.

be well everyone and all to come
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

posted a recipe ya'll / youse might like. very simple.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

greeneyes;1160837 wrote: Geez, I don't get those riots. The mentality of "the police really pissed us off so let's destroy our neighborhood" baffles me. Scary stuff marshy, the way they burned buildings.
                            I don't get it either. I suppose they get a new pair of trainers, a phone and a plasma TV out of it. There will be endless debates about the root cause. Interesting article on the BBC about the psychology of rioting and mob mentality.
                            BBC News - UK riots: What turns people into looters?

The whole thing was sparked off after a protest when a black man was shot dead by police on Saturday in an area of London where there's a history of tension between some/many black people and the police. But it quickly moved to other areas and became all about looting shops and setting fire to businesses and homes.

So far London is quiet tonight (touch wood). There are 16,000 police on the streets compared to 6,000 last night. But there's looting/arson happening in other parts of the country.

Papmom - your nephew will have a great time in London. It's a fabulous city. Usually.

Kaslo - sorry to hear about your friend. Have a safe trip.

Treya - congratulations on 30 days!

I'm going to have an early night, exhausted after last night!

:bedtime:
                            sigpic
                            AF since December 22nd 2008
                            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily ~ 8/9

Hi fABbies!! Hadn't had a chance to check in yet today, and saw the riots on the news!! Marshy I was thinking of you and am so GLAD to come here and find you are OK. Last night must have been terrifying. When does XNGF get home?

AFM - thank you for asking about Mr. D. he is feeling much better - this episode was more brief. He was googling and might have had an "aha" moment. His symptoms line up with severe lactose intolerance. His lactose intolerance has been building and building and building for years. Really really really bad indigestion (GERD) finally convinced him to stop drinking milk. (he would drink well over a gallon a day) In the last 6 weeks or so, he has started drinking milk "occassionally." We are not sure how his milk drinking did or didn't line up with the last 2 episodes. BUT...the night before this last episode he had a huge milk shake on the way home. His system might be telling him once and for all that he is not a baby cow. Time will tell I guess.

Lav, I am using Zanfel now. This round of poison ivy is the worst I ever had it. Obviously it was on the dogs and I had no idea until it was WAY too late. I think it is helping a bit but there are just so many patches all over me it's hard to tell what is NOT itching any more. I will keep going with it...

(((LVT))) I'm sure this time of life would feel a lot easier if you and hubby were more on the same page with stuff. I admire all you people who are brave enough to deal with teenagers on a daily basis!!!!!

P3 - not sure if I even had a chance a couple days ago to congratulate you on your success at the agility event!!!! :yougo:

Treya - :yougo:CONGRATULATIONS ON 30 DAYS AF!!!:yougo:

(((Greenie))) has this project been going on since 1994???? :l I hope it's over soon for you!!!

Det - salmon for breakfast. Yum. Wish you would have invited me over for that!

Kaz - so sorry to read about your friend. I warning in there for all of us. Travel safely!

Hi Uni, Mario, IJM and anyone else I might have missed!

My truck is in the shop for some body work this week. I'm hoping that doesn't mean the engine is about to fall out of it or anything, LOL. (it has many miles on it!)

I have been reading and reading and reading non-stop a lot of stuff that Deter would approve of, and planted the seeds for awhile back - Leptin Resistance. I think maybe I'll start a thread on that in Holistic if I can't find one already in there. Finally some things are clicking. (I'm dense and it takes me awhile)

One thing is for sure...the AL diet will not get the fat off my a$$. So I'm not goin' there.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X