Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF DAILY--SUNDAY AUGUST 14TH

Thanks Bean. Howzitgoin?

LV, the town I live in is 7000 but it is spread over 25 square miles or so, in little hamlets. The main town where I live is about 2600 maybe? The patterns you write about are the same. There is a core of people who have been living here for thier whole life, consider themselves a big fish in a small pond, they feel totally at ease here, and they make life miserable for anyone they consider lesser beings than them. Other people are afraid of them. (I believe this describes bullying). They would never have that kind of pull any where else. So I really hate that about it actually. I think I much prefer a larger centre but then I wouldnt have the peaceful setting and the river and mountains and lakes to go to where there is no one for miles and miles.

I am really torn actually. I would like to live in the north, here, or in Vancouver, but my home in the Kootenays is better than any place else I could afford, thats for sure.

Seven months yes. There is no way I could have done the work I did for the past 4 days, if I had keep up the arm bending on the couch that I left behind last February. This project is very physically demanding and long days from 6 AM to 8 PM if you include the meetings and planning and safety courses, but also getting in and out of an helicopter and flying short to long distances in a tundra environment is very draining. Sucks the energy and water right out of your body. Its windy, loud, and wild. The field work out of the heli not so bad, a short walk across the tundra and picking plants and soils up, bagging them, then back into the machine. However, Im 57 years old and I could just feel myself aging back then so I am certain I would have been in really rough shape here. But that was then. This is now. The next survey is in 3 years. Can I do it at the age of 60?
    Not if I drink thats for sure.

Kas
    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas!! 7 months is fantastic! Do you feel like a corner has been turned? I was so excited to hit 6 months but there was still some nagging thoughts. However, 7 months seemed to be the point of no return-I was well on my way to 1 year and I knew I could do it. Hope you feel the same way-sounds like you do.

I'm very impressed by what you are doing at the ripe young age of 29!! I think that if you want to go back in 3 years for the next survey, you'll do just fine and you might even be in even better shape-you never know!!

Be safe and keep checking in when you can. :l
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

I'll go back with Kaslo in three years because I'll be 60 then too - we can hold each other up :H :H
        I'll keep lifting & running after grandkids & keep my energy up!

Well, it finally stop raining ~ for the moment! My Piggy Swissy feels compelled to lap up all the water in the driveway puddles. What would I do without her? :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

yay! I'm home early today so I can shower, cover my body with asper-cream and fall flat on my face. a fantastic and productive day of training and i took top gun in the final exercise this afternoon besting two guys from special forces with considerable experience. wooo! that was a real ego boost, feeling a little inflated now.

Lvt, thanks for the kickstart and I hope things are ok with family. At one time I lived in a tiny community in the Aussie outback where all school grades from pre-school to grade 8 were taught in the same classroom. now that was interesting! and our crank telephones had two-digit numbers. our phone number was 17! I'm not sure it's useful but the way i deal with reputations now is that I pretty much don't care what people think or say. I live an AF and responsible life and anyone that cares to get to know me will figure that out.

Kas, haven't yet looked at pics....off to see them now.

Take care friends and be well
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

congrats Det! what an awesome accomplishment!!

Lav-hope there's no antifreeze on that driveway anywhere!! I tend to dissuade my pups from lapping up any water not in their bowls-I've dealt with Giardia one too many times and have no desire to deal with it again!! It's stopped raining here too although truth be told it was never the torrential downpour they promised us. maybe tonite.

Would someone please call me tomorrow at 5:30 and make sure I'm up? (JK) I have GOT to get back in the habit of walking the dogs in the morning-for their sake and mine. I have such good intentions the evening before. The alarm goes off and I feel like I am drugged and didn't get any sleep although I know that's not true. Willpower is needed here and is in short supply. How come I could get up after downing a bottle of wine the night before but not now?
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

papmom, there's no stopping Maxie!
              She clears up the rain water & snow - wherever it lands
              Moving the alarm clock across the room used to help me get up at 5!!!

Good job today Deter
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Papmom, how many hours of actual sleep would you say you get on average?
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X