AF-DAILY AUGUST 18 Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Mornin’ All! Greetngs from God’s country (Hotlanta, GA)…

Kickin’ off this morning feeling great, no hangover, and glad to be AF!!!

Things are great here. On day 29AF so I hit a milestone tomorrow. Think I will celebrate with something tasty a Fajita or something similar. I know that 30 days is not really a big deal but for me it marks a commitment. I’m not always big on the commitments I make to myself – losing weight, saving money, cleaning house, etc.

I will say that I am feeling pretty darn good. I don’t know if the reduction in Lexapro has had time to make a difference or if it’s just psychosomatic but I really don’t care at this point. The true test will be this weekend to see if I am actually motivated to do the things on my list that need to get done!

First up, Treya, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Like DG, I have yet to lose a parent. I don’t know how I could emotionally deal with that.

Grennie – Wallpaper ?!?!?!?! You had to expect an IJM’ism to follow that! So here goes. I would rather wipe my rear end with barbed wire than hang wall paper!

IJM Thought of the day: Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID that he just whipped out a quarter?

Off to work. Have an awesome day everyone!

IJM

Hi IJM,
    Glad you're feeling good today. You will be even better tomorrow on your big milestone!
    I am feeling a bit better today and want to thank you all for your great support. Somehow I am still sober and feeling strong on Day 38. My sister has asked me if i'd like to do the reading at the funeral service. I hesitated at first but actually feel strong enough to do that for my mother and even if the emotions hit me there and then I can still do that for her.
    Thanks again guys. I feel so supported through this.
    Treya
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

morning abbers!

Treya, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 10 years ago and it is so difficult. It does get easier with time however I know the pain you must be feeling. Lean on your supports right now - drinking will only make it harder.

I had an awful drinking dream last night - I hate those. First one I've had in a while. Good reminder for me on how much I don't want to drink.

Lots of running around today so I should go.

Stay strong everyone,

Love and hugs,

Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Top of the day ABerooooos!

can't believe I'm up at such a time. egads. life on the road. zooom zoom!

IJM, kudos man, your doing great. Fajitas reminds me of something stupid and funny from dinner last night. was telling one of my bosses about a spice I use in cooking (asafoetida) and he thought I was saying Ass Fajitas. it was so stupid and funny we about passed out laughing. oh well, not the most cultured bunch but they pay me

Treya, so glad your feeling stronger.

Uni, don't you just freaking hate those dreams? I had a drinking taste/smell memory when I was driving yesterday that was so realistic I almost threw up. how weird!

well, off and running....

be well peeps and all to come
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

IJM, thanks for waking us up & 30 days is a big deal!!!!! :yay:
          I used to hang wall paper but I'm over that now :H

Treya, so glad you are OK :l
          You'll keep your Mom in your heart forever like I have I'm sure.

Uni, those dreams must be message reminders from the universe. I acually had a couple of days this week where I smelled cig smoke......it was so real & I was wide awake too. All I could do was say thank you for the reminder that I don't smoke anymore

I am busy at work again today & grateful to be hangover free!!!
          Wishing everyone a wonderfully AF Thursday!

Oops, hi Deter!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

IJM, I must say I think 30 days is a pretty big deal. Before I quit, even when I tried I couldn't go more than a week without drinking. So, 30 days is huge, actually. Just keep going, that's what I did, and by 90 days, I was pretty sure I never wanted to drink again.
            I used to drink alot when doing stuff around here--clean house, garden, yard work, pretty much anything outside. So for awhile I was EXTREMELY unmotivated and tired. I still don't work as long in the evening without my energy from the beer and ciggies--but OH WELL!

I'm still carrying a lot of emotional weight on my shoulders. My friend with colon cancer is having some problems. One of the tumors on his liver is blocking the bile duct so he had to have surgery and I'm really worried. I feel so bad for my friend and her daughter. It is such a helpless feeling not to be able to do anything at this point. I now have 3 other friends with cancer in our small town. One is a young man in his 20's. Cancer sucks! AFM---you go out there and KICK SOME CANCER ASS--ok??!!

My inlaws took off yesterday morning and will be back through in a few days. My SIL mentioned that she is going to try to quit drinking again. She quit for 2 years awhile back, but it is just her and her husband, and I think it was just too hard for her being on a different level as him. They both also smoke a lot. Neither one has been successful getting off the cigs. I hope she does quit, if that is what she wants. It's just not healthy to drink so much of the time. I was surprised when I saw how much weight she had put on, and when I came home from work the other day at 3:00 pm she was already drinking beer.

I had a little candle party at my house last night. It was nice to get a few friends together and visit. I really need to do it more often.

I was so tired when I woke up this morning. I have to get up at 5 am to wake my son for football practice. I went back to bed and finally managed to drag myself out at 8:00. Oh, well. But, I better get busy now!

Have a great sober day, all!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good Morning Abbers,

Back from our family trip late last night.

Treya. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Hang in there and do her right by staying clear headed, present, and sober. Yesterday was the 22nd anniversary of my mom's death.

IJM. 30 days sober IS A BIG DEAL. I am very happy for you that you are back on track. Fyi, before I quit drinking, I was on lexapro for depression and anxiety and taking ambien to fall asleep at night. I am no longer on either of those drugs and think that the alcohol was causing most of it. I know this is not the case for everyone.

LVT. So sorry to hear about your friend with Cancer. I hope you are finding some time to take care of yourself too. So important.

Lav and Uni, I'm with you on those drinking dreams. I think they are our subconscious reminding us how terrible drinking can be.

Well off to unpack and get some laundry done. Happy to be home.

M3
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Good Morning Abbers,

Back from our family trip late last night.

Treya. So sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Hang in there and do her right by staying clear headed, present, and sober. Yesterday was the 22nd anniversary of my mom's death.

IJM. 30 days sober IS A BIG DEAL. I am very happy for you that you are back on track. Fyi, before I quit drinking, I was on lexapro for depression and anxiety and taking ambien to fall asleep at night. I am no longer on either of those drugs and think that the alcohol was causing most of it. I know this is not the case for everyone.

LVT. So sorry to hear about your friend with Cancer. I hope you are finding some time to take care of yourself too. So important.

Lav and Uni, I'm with you on those drinking dreams. I think they are our subconscious reminding us how terrible drinking can be.

Well off to unpack and get some laundry done. Happy to be home.

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Hi fABbies!

30 DAYS AF IS A BIG DEAL THAT IS ALL!!!!!

Can't wait for the party tomorrow!

Treya, so very glad to read that you are handling things in the best way possible and that you have chosen to honor your mother in such a beautiful way by reading. I just know in my heart that you will never look back and say "gee I wish I would have drank during that time...." Funny how drinking so often leads to regrets, but I really can't remember a single time after an event that I regretted being sober.

The only drinking dream I want to have includes Johnny Depp.

M3 welcome back!!!!

LVT - When I catch myself worrying, I always have to remind myself that worrying doesn't actually DO anything. It's just not a productive activity. I bet there are things you CAN do to show love and support for your friends who are suffering. (((LVT)))

Thinking of you AFM and sending you strong vibes!

Lav - I share your gratitude about being an ex-smoker, that's for sure!!!

Det - that is FUNNY about the spice Ass Fajitas. :H I would have been laughing like an idiot too. I guess that shows how sophisticated I am! :H

Hi to all other fABbies! I hope Greenie is not mummified in wallpaper.

Went to see Dad today en route to the CSA pickup. He seems pretty stable which is good, since he is driving all the time now. (and mostly without mentioning it to my Mom) He seems to really be getting forgetful. He asked me the same question multiple times. I'm not really sure if he didn't remember we already talked about that, or if he was just at a loss to make conversation. Between him not being able to remember and my Mom not being able to hear, it feels a little :nutso: around there.

Going to try to get some book keeping done this afternoon. I think I would rather wipe my :moon: with barbed wire some days....

One thing is for sure..

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

IJM, let me just reiterate the others 30 days is HUGE. 30 days is a major shift into sobriety, and although there is lots more to be careful about, and to make changes to, and learn and accept, the first 30 days seems like 120 to most of us, and to make it through that takes major panache. Well done and congrats and keep it up.

There seems to be an ASSpecially poignant discussion goin on today, Fabollos. I once took a whiff of asafoetida, Dete, and I think my reaction was mainly to the foetid part of the asa. Pew is what Im sayin' and nuff said. Pass me the garam masala, and leave the assula to others....

I have no hardship to report. None what so ever. Happy as a clam. A very sober clam. Well, ok, that summer seems to have slipped by and I havent spent enough time by the pool or in my garden. We think we might go paddling at Creston Wildlife Area this weekend. So must wear mosquito repellent and be prepared to get a leetle wet.

Everyone have a fine old time today. Sorry I am past the yard arm, and into the sunset.

Kas
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Almost 8 pm & I'll stil in my shop finishing up - geez!

Hoping to get it done before this current T storm takes out the power - looks kinda nasty out there.

M3, welcome back! Don't drown in laundry

DG, my Dad was so damn confused the last few weeks of his life it wasn't funny. I took his car keys away from him - I had to! His carotid arteries were seriously occluded....

Kaslo, I cannot eat anything real spicey (causes serious hot flashes)
                      I hope you got some pool time in this afternoon.

OK, time to print up some UPS shipping lablels.
                      Wishing everyone a good night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello again,
                        Welcome back mom of 3! I have an incredible amount of laundry piling up around here, in fact my kids are in trouble with me, because they were suppose to take care of some of that today!

I just had pop in here and admit that my MWO friends are so important to me, so many things make me think of you all. For example, I have been listening to a book on tape written by Keith Richards--and narrated by DG's boyfriend--Johnny Depp!! And then, as I was eating some dip I made last night that turned out a little runny so now it is salad dressing--I was thinking about DETERMINATOR because I may have gotten a leetle carried away with the GARLIC!!!:H:H:H

Good advice as always , DG--I'm going to run up to the hospital tomorrow and give my friend (the wife of the friend with cancer) a big hug.:thanks:
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Gawd, I'm knackered. Pain in the arse wallpaper. And speaking of dads, I really let mine have it today. I'm fed up with him not bothering to notice it is the middle of the night when he picks up the phone and calls me repeatedly (I wont' answer in the middle of the night). So I called him in the morning to remind him for the millionth time to pay attention and lo and behold, the sleep deprived evil twin got loose and spoke her mind. Anyway I managed to go to an art reception thingy and it was nice to get out for a couple hours after spending a good part of the day in a little dusty room. They have pretty good food (read: didn't have to make dinner) at these things. Tonight they had ass fajitas ~ who'd a thought!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

dang, what a big stressful day. actually had some pretty good AL cravings this afternoon
                            (hungry stressed lonely tired) close enough to HALT I guess. made my way to a favourite restaurant and felt much better after eating. I must confess I even had dessert so much for sugar free d-oh! back on track with that tomorrow.
                            not only did I have a public speaking engagement today, I had to coordinate a live-fire range with 3 companies and 5 police agencies, then had a stressed-out boss make me go through and justify my complete expense report history page-by-page since 2009. Forking eh! what a day. sorry to unload but I haven't had my usual dose of garlic and I'm feeling a little abused. going to sleep well tonight.

Greenie, may the wallpaper gods be with you.

LVT, I'm glad your having some garlic for me

be well everyone. good to see you all

xxxxxxx

zzzzzz
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X