Wednesday Jan. 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi all...hope all is well in the abs camp tonight!

Well day 9 for me, i'm so pleased and so grateful to you guys who have helped me when iv been struggling. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm certainly getting there.
    I'm due back in work next Friday and I'm absolutely pooing myself!! They have been really lovely about me being off but iv been off so long i just know they're gonna try an sack me which will really leave me up shit creek as i have so many debts to pay each month. The only thing that will go in my favour is that i have my psychiatric assessment next tues and if I'm diagnosed as bi polar ( which my gp thinks i definitely am) then i think they'd have a hard time trying to get rid of me as i can then go with the disability discrimination act....anyway, I'm rambling now!!!

Lots a loves and well done to everyone

Lou-Lou
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Can't believe it day....43!! Wow! Never have I gone that long AF in years.....maybe a decade! This sight really helps! I have found people who think like me! You guys are great!

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi Shitzulover,

Good to see you here.

Do you have a nickname? I'd hate to offend you by shortening your name!!

Wow.......day 43.........way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy )
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

YoungAtHeart.

Sorry if I was insensitive about the snow thing. It is a running joke with my wife and I. Have a great day. What are you planning to knit?

Birdman

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Have fun knitting Kathy. I just got the stuff I need to start a real ez sweater. We are doing a project for kids starting school who don't have anything to wear - project back to school or something like that. I am starting early for June. I once made a really cute baby sweater for a friend's grandchild. I have since made approximately 20 ill-fitting, ugly sweaters, most of them in the trash, a couple that were just ill fitting and I donated to charity. I usually stick to blankets and scarves for charity. My favorite charity is Project Linus - we knit blankets for children in hospitals. It's very rewarding. It also slows down my eating and drinking.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

I tried knitting a while ago. I made a few scarfs but my mates were laughing at me. I was actually thinking of starting again a few months ago.
              I like the idea of making some of my own stuff. I like to think that I have a creative streak.
              Anyway, thanks for all the good vibes again today. I'm off to put another '0' in the DrinkTracker.
              Goodnight.
              Sleep tight.
              Do not let the bed bugs bite.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi Guys,

Another AF day for me - pretty easy actually, especially with my husband coming home from a long luch, followed by the pub, followed by verbal abuse at me when he came in the door, followed by him having dinner and then 4 cognacs that I saw before I went to bed.

Now who woke up feeling great today, taking dog for a walk at 6am, and planning the rest of the day with a happy skip in her heart, and who is still in bed at 8.03am???

Ahhhhhhh, the joys of being AF - what was I thinking on the 12???

Have a great day everyone!

Louie

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi Louie,

You just keep that skip in your step! This is hard enough without living with someone who doesn't understand, isn't it?

Keep finding ways to keep yourself healthy .
                  You are the only person you can change. I should know....41 years married!

:l Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

41 years, Nancy???? Did you get married when you were 5???
                    You are such a cool lady! I didn't know you had been married 41 years..... wow.
                    congratulations!

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Had a great time reading all the posts on this thread today. It was just plain nice.

Sammys

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

I woke up at 430 am am ran 2 miles, worked my eigth hour and then ran another two miles (faster than this morning) so four for the day which is on point for my training. I am making it through day five, today is the first day i didnt go straight home though, i went to the grovery store, bought dinner, then raced straight home, i will be cooking dinner here in a moment. I am excited to wake up tommorow and be on day 6, just twelve more days and my boyfriend will be home, when i make it till then i can tell him i made it 17 days, and consedering he found out i had a problem on day 2 i think i am doing okay. I pretty much have been trying to keep it out of my mind and tell myself it is a waste of time, if i just cant get it out of my mind i think of a time where i have hurt myself or someone else with my drinking, whether it was intentional or not, and then i am back in focus. I am glad to see everyone doing well, I will check in later. Thanks for listening to me blab!!!
                        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Hi all,

Day 5 for me today - feeling steady except for some symtoms from my upped medication, but otherwise not a craving in sight - finger's crossed

Love to you all

Cashyxxx
                          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

capto wrote: Whew, you guys have been busy. Great to see all of the participation and support. Just dropping in to report my success so far: 7 weeks AF--pinch me please.

I posted last week over in Long Term Abs that ...?while in a gorgeous dinning setting the other night, I could hardly believe the words coming out of my mouth, when I heard myself saying, ?No,? wine for the lady, soda and lemon slice for me?.? I returned last night from ?NYC with the hotel's ?refreshment? refrigerator room key unused.

Thank all of you for being here. It works.

Best,

Capto
                            Congrats, that's awesome!

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Day 3 for me. Starting over again.

Comment

Wednesday Jan. 17

Nice to see you back Andy! Try and try again!

Comment

Working...
                                X