Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AD Daily - Wednesday March 14

Is it snowing where you are, its all pink flowers in Bath
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Raven.joy;1280416 wrote: Is it snowing where you are, its all pink flowers in Bath
      Bite your tongue! Zer vill be no more mention of ze "s" word!!! :H
      Seriously, it's a gorgeous day out.. the sun is beaming and the white stuff is quickly turning into mush. Pink flowers nowhere to be seen, though. I was actually considering putting the rake to use on semi-melted flower beds. Unfortunately, I never put it in the garage last fall and it's still stuck... frozen in time, if you will

Anyways.. I went out to have a nice peaceful cup of coffee in the sun.. while WW3 was going on all around me. Boris (the barn cat) had abandoned his post and come down to the house... Miss Bubbles (the anywhere-she-pleases cat) was sitting up in a tree hissing and growling and just spitting with disgust (she don't like Boris much)... Miko was torn between eating either cat and harassing Shelby, and poor Shelby was desperately trying to stay behind me and out of the line of fire. Peaceful cup of coffee my arse :H

TDN.. I know it's an odd name for a girl, but Miko is definitely a girl And yes, my first language is German.. I'm a square head through and through :H

Did the little girls from Haiti lose their parents in that horrid quake? Btw, I can teach you some German if you'll teach me French! I was never very good at it but I'm afraid it's really all gone to bits by now. Do send that email off to the Library... they should be so lucky to have you!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wow - I love hearing the animal stories.

TDN - we had some expensive kennel bills when we had our dog too. We only used a Kennel that allowed them to roam around a large yard all day and then in rooms in the evening. No cages! But it was pricey - and the vet bills especially toward the end were a big chunk of change for sure.

SunGG - You definitely have the "farm" life. Makes me want to move out to the country.

Raven - those pink flowers are beautiful!

Comment

Hi dolls!!! Wow that sounded a bit Kardashianesque.
          I'm back and I stayed sober!!!! I'm dog tired and have a lot to do, including catching up on all these threads. I hope everyone is OK. Sorry so short but my luggage and laundry await. Big fun! Oh, and I won a big, fat nothing. I'll check in tonight or tamale.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Welcome back AlmostFamous....

I'm glad you're back!!!!! I've got to say you DID win....staying AF in Vegas is far more valuable than money, honey!!!!

That's the way to do it, right!!!! You are an AF Ninja!
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Whooohooo! Welcome back Almost!

I'm with Turnip.. you won big time!!!! Oh.. and hello, Turnip! :hallo:
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Turn...lol...love the term: AF NINGA! Hiiiiiiyaaaahhhh!

Welcome back AlmostFamous and well done! What happens in Vegas doesn't have to have anything to do with drinking (twist on that oldy but good what happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas wordage). Now I'll be up to the bat next with my cruise coming up in June. Turn, I'm "turning" to you for inspiration as you just did the booze free cruise! And you sailed through with flying colors!

I have mentioned a few times today that I have started the Jason Vale book...I know it has gotten press on MWO recently and I bought it based on the rave reviews...namely that Unwasted said it was really key in her sobriety and she is now at 4 months. (Go UW!!!!). Anyway, I reallly did not have any desire to drink today at all and I have to say that his book, with it's sort of brainwashing technique may in fact be worth all the hype, cause I have been feeling thoughts of drinking over the weekend and although I have remained AF, I was going through the "remorse of not ever drinking again as long as I live" stage. This book in just the first half has changed the way I look at AL...not sorry for not being able to drink it but happy because I choose NOT to drink it as I knew the trap I was in and got out. Folks who claim to have their drinking under control and may seem that way on the surface may in fact not be in control or not stay in control as AL (as we know) is highly addictive and will only lure you in to drink more and more. I love the fact that just giving it up takes it out of my daily routine of wondering when I can drink, how much or how little I will drink, where I will drink, where I will buy my drink, etc. etc.. Just feeling great about getting another view point to make my resolve stronger in staying sober for good.

Well, I'm off to have a cup of tea and curl up in bed. A bit raw today and overcast. It is starting to have that Spring smell to the air and new bird sounds in the yard. Love this time of year!

Night all!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Happy Wed AFerooooos!

another day another hotel, gasp. still hanging on and trucking along here.

I was walking in the pouring rain in downtown Oakland today (a rather dreary and demure occupation I assure you) and was rather taken by this lovely flower so i took a quick picture with my phone:

I'm off to an early dinner, then back to catch up

be well everyone
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

On the Mclean masterworks series, you can hear Colin Tipping interview - tomorrow too. I talk about him a bit here - remember the thing about the tribe that lets you tell your story in which you are a victim 3 times? He's all about how you get over your story. For good.

Lovely flower, det!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hey everyone, how are yez. Cross post Greenie, Love your Tribe discussions, everyone listen to Greenie, she is very wise. Very lively discussion on here, it's nice to see. Its been a year AND a month for me as of today....

Beautiful Calla lily Det, nice happy looking doggie Sunster, good idea talking to the owner.

Re Dogs, something I seldom talk about... Just speaking as a biologist, Canid social structure is very focused on pack, and if the top of the pack is a guy that doesnt understand that contact with his pack, even if its a pack of two, then both the dog and the person are not connecting well. And the dog suffers.

I spent last night listening to the coyotes across the river on the alluvial fan, and a Great Horned Owl downstream as well. Swallows returned here yesterday. Its happening. Spring that is.

Kas
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Had my son install the umbrella on my deck table today - Spring is here

Congrats on your successful AF Vegas trip Almost!

Very pretty pic Det, love Callas!

Glad you are seeing Spring too Kaslo

Didn't get the yard work done as planned but had fun playing with grandkids. Love the sober life!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kaslo;1280590 wrote: I spent last night listening to the coyotes across the river on the alluvial fan, and a Great Horned Owl downstream as well. Swallows returned here yesterday. Its happening. Spring that is.
                          Yesterday evening at the river I heard 2 owls talking to each other across the island. Made me smile.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello!

Was chatting to Determinator and Turnagain today who told me about this thread.

I usually post on the undies thread, but thought I would spread my wings

I am into week 5 AF, have stopped counting the days..am just doing it and am on antabuse. Life is great sober.

Hello to Shue and ML..we used to post on the Irie thread together.

sunshine GG...we have horses too

I will start reading back to catch up

xx

Comment

Hello Mo2 .... Turn is to blame for me too ... sending me here ... in this super competitive abber's environment. I looove it.

so happy to have someone closer to my timeline too :welcome:

Det - that pic is lovely and thank you so much for thinking about us when you are away and so busy. Tell, me out of badness, did you switch the beer kegs to AF beer?
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

shueaddict;1280725 wrote: Hello Mo2 .... Turn is to blame for me too ... sending me here ... in this super competitive abber's environment. I looove it.

so happy to have someone closer to my timeline too :welcome:

Det - that pic is lovely and thank you so much for thinking about us when you are away and so busy. Tell, me out of badness, did you switch the beer kegs to AF beer?
                                hahahaha, no but I would have if I could have

Mum2, nice to meet you in chat and great to have you here. keep up the stellar AFness!
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X