AF Daily - Thursday March 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Greenie and Marshy...I think I missed somethin with the pic...oh well!

Thanks for the coffee as always Shue and nice to see you on FB! If anyone else wants to PM me to become friends on FB, I'm game. I have responded to a few sent yesterday and couldn't find a few members but we will sort it out!

Well, I was kinda lazy yesterday and spent hours online just browsing for cruise clothes and general internet stuff. Can't do that today...last day off befor my 5 day work stretch. Gotta walk downtown to the town hall and pay the water bill. That kills me because we have the worst water in the whole state of Mass but the highest rate...wtf? So I always wait to give them any of my money until the very day it is due!

Other than that, it's gym, house cleaning (project today is to organize my spices) and Relax!

Hope you all have a great day! TDN, how did the haircut come out?
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

Hi, missed the picture too ! I am on FB but only joined recently when I moved house to a different area and I don't have any photos of myself on there, just pictures of my kids and where I live. A lot of people are curious as to the reason behind my screen name Sausage. Well actually it was my daughters nickname when she was little. She still gets called Sausage sometimes and so nearly 4 yrs ago, when I joined MWO and was trying to find a name for myself, I thought of it fairly easily, and I am the only Sausage so I decided to use it, it's not like I have to be Sausage 943 or anything!

Well lots to do, so I'd better get going.

See you later - have a good AF day

Sausage x
      Day 35

Comment

Hi Marshy!!!! And all you fABbies!!!

Marshy I'm bringing popcorn and coming with you and XNGF on your walking trip!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Demmit! We missed it. Was she as gorgeous as her damned eyeball?

Good morneeng Phoebes! Hey Marshy and DG showed up. Enjoy your hiking trip, Marshy, you and XGF live right.

HUGE Shout out to Shue, (I think havin a pix of the Queen and the word Boob in the same posting is a possible inditement? Check with Marshy on that. Am I spelling that correctly? .. I cant spell regular words. Only words like glaciofluvial ablation and Callipogegia meullariana. Useless, really. ) Sugarbeat (WTGo sug! LOVE your tude) Pap, Greenie, Lav, DG, Marshy, TDN, Boris, Vladimir, Stephan...oh wait, those last ones there are Engineers. The heck w them! Blondie, water in the states everywhere is a problem, almost I think. Pretty soon y w be coming for ours, I bet.

I promise not to post any more long advisories. That is all

Kaslo of the melted snow and Crocus fringes
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

:H :H Missed it too!!!!!

Marshy, have been wondering where you were. Have a great vacation

Sausage, I believe you are the only & only here
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I truly am a complete eegit, sorry. Helps to actually read.
              Kaslo

Comment

And I forgot to say to Sausage, I LOVE your name. It goes with the expression NOT a sausage, which I love and use as much as possible.

Also I wanted to ask some advice on here. My fam raised goldens, for hunting, and still do, and I have had at least one on my own as an adult, and I love them, but I dont like whats happened to this breed. Mr Kaslo is hinting we could have a dog again. We both were pretty traumatized by the loss of our little Jack Russel terrier, who got killed by a black bear on the property here. I live in the city but its bush by my river edge, and he just was not afraid of a thousand pound sow, so on his early morning constitutional he got sliced and tossed, and its taken us 5 years to get over it. I will never let a dog out alone on the property again, I promise.

I would like to adopt or get a pup but I am aiming for calm, midsized, loyal and a homebody, because we cant fence this property its boulders down to china down there. Any thoughts on this, all of you dog lovers out there. I am not a fan of really tiny pooches. I do love dogs though. I work at home most of the time, so this little dog would have a pretty much constant companion.

Dont be shy, I am really interested in what you all have to say re breeds, but more importantly what to watch out for in an adoption process? I used to train dogs, and horses (in my youth only).

Kaslo, no longer youthful....
                Kaslo

Comment

:H Kas, you're nutz.

My fav dogs over the years were the German Shepherd and my Eskimo (Spitz). The latter was especially wonderful in the country (really does not make a good city dog). Doesn't leave the property, doesn't fight but alerts to anything not belonging on the property... and just a real ham character wise.

Shelby is half chow (a breed I really do not care for) but he's got a heart of gold. So... no advice really from me :H Go with your gut. If adopting, almost ALL pound dogs seem hyper while there... take them out on walks a few times, sit on a park bench and see if they settle down with you. Good luck!!!!

Hello Marshy and DG! Sigh... Marshy, I'm envious of you... again! Have a wonderful time!

That's it, that's all... I didn't get into the finishing stuff... not feeling up to it today. So, I'll be chained to my desk instead. One thing is for sure...!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi all!
                    Taking a quick work break. I'd like to take about a year long one but I don't think that would fly.
                    Kas- I sent you a PM regarding dog breed.

Green- I missed your beautiful self.
                    Check back L8R
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Kas - I've always loved labradors. We had one when I was a kid, Toffee

Lavande;1288036 wrote:
                      Marshy, have been wondering where you were.
                      Busy, mostly! Looking forward to getting away for a few days.
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hey homies

So ya went to mr recruitment, had to fill in the gap, told him I was sick for the last few months and he asked for details, I waffled over it so any suggestions on how to run over that one would be great. He was very impressed with my good self but I don't trust agencies that much, cause they do like there cut but it gained from it as it was kinda like a mock interview. He actually said I was miles ahead skill wise of people who were into him lately

So greenie, we had a bit of a peep show from you today I see, missed that, well I can tell you this much, it must have been something special cause I tried to email you & your PM box is full, what the hell did I miss:eeks:

Anyhow the most important part is I'm happy and sober and dare I say getting a wee bit confident today

Over and out for now but may check in again laters after I bop home
                        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

LOL - Greenie's Peep Show! Too funny - Sugar AND Greenie. I am going to call you The FLASH! How about another show for us yonder in the west and far north? Back by popular demand?!?!?!

Okay. As promised the Egg Cure for procrastination. Here you see how I stuffed plastic easter eggs with strips of paper that represent a simple chore - something that can be accomplished in one hour or less. Back when I was drinking....a lot of stuff just went undone. Now, I want to DO the Undone, so I'm making a game of it. I have a total of 36 shiny eggs and I can only imagine the sense of accomplishment I'll feel when I see that bowl empty. Of course, I am refilling the eggs and starting another bowl. But shhhhhhhhh. Let's not tell anyone about that.

Today, on my inaugural drawing....I got:

1 hour Man Cave

omg. Off to set the egg timer and dive in. If you don't see me here for awhile, please call the Search and Rescue Squad!

Sober for the Revolution!
                          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turnagain;1288107 wrote:

1 hour Man Cave

omg. If you don't see me here for awhile, please call the Search and Rescue Squad!

:H:H:H
                            Please synchronize your stop watches. Good luck, Turnip!!! Love the idea, btw!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Turnski, living at your house must be FUN. I love it.

One hour MAN CAVE? whatyagonnado? One hour cleaning the existing man cave? One hour IN the man cave? One hour BUILDING a man cave?

A blanket over a couple of chairs will do, thats not an hour.

Which reminds me where is IJM? Have we scared all the men offa here, except GMan and Det?

kaslo NF any more.
                              Kaslo

Comment

lol Kas

The man cave became a storage repository during various construction projects. It might sound like I am caring for the hubby, but he has agreed to give me the man cave for a workshop! The deal we made:

If I could move my chop saw out of the garage, he will have room for his Harley. During the winter, the cycle lives at a friend's house who has a gigantic garage. We can't trickle charge it there, so he has to buy a new battery every summer.

I am a very clever girl. I will soon have a WOman cave for all my tools!

Oh and hubby now has a Man Corner - a cozy reading nook with a comfy chair and a bright light and a nice view.
                                Sober for the Revolution!
                                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X