Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April AF Flock

Happy April my fellow flockers!!

I haven't posted or read in a while and for that I apologise. It's been a whirlwind of a week or so and on top of everything that is happening, I can't seem to shake the all day fatigue, no matter how good a sleep I've had the night before. I am able to get done what needs to be done but come 5pm, I'm beat! I'm sorry I haven't read back to see what is new or what everyone is doing. I hope all is well and than we all will have an Awesome AF April!!

So, to catch you all up on what has been happening this past week:

Last Sat as I believe I told you, I went to look at a Ford Explorer but fell in love with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited, 2005. I decided to take Monday off and my dad and I went back to look at it and to take it to my friend's son who is a mechanic. It checked out very well. Next step was to get approved for financing which would also pay my dad $2000 towards the $3300 I owe him for the Subaru. On Wednesday I took a very extended long lunch and went to the credit union to seal the deal. Walked out of there with a $16,000 check which I brought to the dealer at 6pm. At 7pm, after cleaning out the Outback, I drove home in this:

Thursday and Friday I had to work both jobs and yesterday I brought the Outback's title to the dealer and shopped around for a towing package and seat covers. Wasn't able to find what I wanted but Mickey had a good time riding in the new papmobile and hanging with Mom. Saturday afternoon I did my taxes (and am getting a good sized refund thank goodness) and then spent the last few hours of the evening doing some work for my main job. Today was the NH where I was not happy with how some things did not get set up for me which should have been.

Inbetween the car and NH drama, I also had a phone interview for another part time job (will replace the NH) which I think I will take if offered. I have a lunch interview on the 11th so we'll see how it all works out. It will be a sales/travel type position on the weekends but I can take one of my dogs and its something I can be very passionate about. In addition to all of that, my 2 supervisors were away for the week and of course all hell broke loose with one of our computer systems which I have not been given access too so it was not a happy conversation when the VP called down to find out what was going on (because she couldn't reach my boss and didn't know the other boss was also out). There were also some personnel issues shat I got hit with that again, I had no authority to handle so had to placate the complaining parties as best I could. Top it off with our Office Manager who returned on Wed after a 4 month maternity leave only to loose it and ask for reduced hours for the the rest of the week because she couldn't bare to drop her kid off to day care. Oiy!!! Any wonder i'm exhausted????

So there you have it-I'm here, I'm alive, I'm AF but exhausted. I am also very very grateful to the Universe for helping to realize one of my dreams from the past year: new vehicle big enough to tow my Paphut!! How did that happen and so quickly?? Last summer I was in such a financial bind I couldn't see the light. I'm not a millionaire but I can cover the new car expenses, including gas (ouch!) as long as I have a part time job. Grateful, grateful, grateful!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

April AF Flock

May I join this rockin flock of seagulls? Count me in!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

April AF Flock

Almostfamous;1289758 wrote: May I join this rockin flock of seagulls? Count me in!
        Did someone say Flock of Seagulls! I LOVE those guys, and that hair..../puts hands on hips.....its to diiiiiie for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pq0xYr3L4[/video]]A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) [1982] - YouTube
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

April AF Flock

Papmom:l, I was just going to PM you to see if you were ok.:l Ooooohhhh, I love your new Jeep. SLEEK. And I'm thrilled that you pulled yourself out of the financial hole you were in.....and you have a new opportunity at a different part-time job. You never give up in your desire to improve your life.

AlmostFamous....:welcome: yes, yes, yes, yes......please join us....we don't even require membership fees!:H It's good to have you here with us. I've read your posts and so admire your thoughtfulness in helping very new AF (or struggling to be AF) people in your AF journey.

Cheery hellos to Sooty, Rustop, Dill (thank you for our April name:h ), Chill, Lav, SD, Blonde, Sunni, LBH, Shelley, and anyone I may have missed....have a restful AF Sunday evening.

Comment

April AF Flock

We're a rather mixed flock, methinks. Honkers, sheep, seagulls... heck we'll welcome anything sober, right? :H

Oh.. Rusty and Chilli... don't pique our sophisticated, classy, refined curiosity and then take it to Pms! Tsk.

PapMom... we're waiting for updated pimped pink pics! Again, congrats on your ride and hope those interviews come through for you. I had a rather interesting day work wise yesterday, too. Considering I don't work weekends. A client who has several websites all relating to one business had decided to have someone else rebuild two (that I know of) of them. Well, the new developer decided to go live with them yesterday.... which prompted frantic phone calls and emails to me... to kindly unfuck what she did (technical term, used for more serious cases). So, that's what I did until 11:30pm yesterday. The joys of self employment.

Anywho.. time to make dinner. Have a grand evening, everyone!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock

Nelz- yee haw! I do love me some Flock of Seagulls! My hair is getting bigger just listening to it.

Rusty- aww shucks. Thanks for your kind words. I'm in!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

April AF Flock

Nelz,

LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG! Actually, we are geese, not seagulls. If you do a search and enter Dill's name, you will see that she is the origin of our April AF name. Dill is one of our lovely people on the Monthly Abstinence Thread, and also an inspiration on a daily basis, as she gives us a thought-provoking quote to guide and inspire us to continue our AF journeys. I had a couple of short-term slips in 2011, and silently dangled with the thought of "moderating,"......but I just know that will never work. I have long abandoned that thought. I crawled out of my AL hell, and I don't ever ever ever want to go back to that sad and lonely place. Dill, Papmom, Chill, Stargazerlily, Lav, Rustop, Sooty, LBH, Shelley, Jolie, SD, Guitarista, (and anyone I may have missed) are the reasons I stay AF....and want to stay...that way, forever. You may want to come and join us.

Comment

April AF Flock

Greetings Flockeroos!

Cool stuff on the P mobile Pappy!

Honk if yer sober! Honk, honk!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober, happy and healthy April.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

April AF Flock

Rusty;1289773 wrote: Nelz,

I had a couple of short-term slips in 2011, and silently dangled with the thought of "moderating,"......but I just know that will never work. I have long abandoned that thought. I crawled out of my AL hell, and I don't ever ever ever want to go back to that sad and lonely place.
                    Bravo Rusty. I am sober for me, first and foremost. Everything else flows from here. :h

Can someone change the bloody music?! :H

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

April AF Flock

Mr. G!!!!:h

It's great to see you. I've missed you! Could you please provide a YouTube link where I can SEE and LISTEN to you at the same time. Thank you, love.:h

Cyntree-where are you??? You hooo! Ok, we haven't heard from you in a while. Now, anxiety-ridden Rusty will be all over you like a cheap suit!:H Proceed to Step 2. PM.

LBH-I just had to tell you this...you were talking about Lord Bird Heart's snoring....doing the lawnmower imitation....well, anyway, I own a condo and although we all have separate entrances, we have common walls....and my new next-door neighbor snores so loudly I can actually hear him through the walls at night. Oh, GAWD, how does his wife get any sleep???

Comment

April AF Flock

Nelz;1289761 wrote: Did someone say Flock of Seagulls! I LOVE those guys, and that hair..../puts hands on hips.....its to diiiiiie for

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pq0xYr3L4[/video]]A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) [1982] - YouTube
                        Innit grand we survived the 80s!?? :H:H
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

April AF Flock

Rusty- thanks for the background. I'm happy to honk my way into this fab group. I need all the support I can get. Yes, guitarista we can change the channel. I had my 80's fix for the night!
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

April AF Flock

G-Man,:h

Guess what was on the TV today??? Crocodile Dundee. I think of you often, even though you turned down my marriage proposal.:H

G-no, no, no!!!! We are NOT changing the channel. I love 80s music so go to another thread if you want a different channel! HAHAHAAHA! :H Just kiddin' sweetheart.

Comment

April AF Flock

Rusty;1289782 wrote: Could you please provide a YouTube link where I can SEE and LISTEN to you at the same time.
                              Rusty, thanks for your interest. No clips of me on you tube at the moment, but here is a you tube link to a few of my songs. For the visuals, just imagine a rather weatherbeaten boofhead, who's been around the block a couple a times.

Guittarista - YouTube

Comment

April AF Flock

Mr. G...

Listening to "If she..." right now. Thank you, darlin. I'll be listening to this a bit...thank you for the G-Man radar, who always see when I post, and who always responds...quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X