Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday April 17

What a day!

FLY - your 60 day milestone is just marvelous - but what's even more FABulous is how you've retrained your brain. That is a really, really big deal - and such a relief, eh? Congratulations!

Dizzy - that was some amazing brain retraining in action! You not only every single trigger from the past going off in 5-alarm fashion....you had the poison in hand...poised to pour in seek of 'relief.' BUT - your AF brain said - WTF? You just got so much stronger. We don't need to spray any baby oil on those AF muscles - they're already glistening.

Shue - sweetie...You sure were missed! That is a bummer about the pressure you were under from your SIL. I really don't understand why some people can't accept NO for an answer. I know for me, in the earlier days of my AFness, I had to put on the extra "NO MATTER WHAT" mantra when I knew that my 'I No Longer Drink' decision was going to be pummeled by people and situations. It sure sounds like your SIL is threatened by those who don't indulge. Next time you've got to deal with her or someone similar....bring it here first and we'll get you armored up to WIN that battle.

Lovely Lav....how nice that you'll be able to get dirty today!

Sending good energy across the universe to all - with a little extra sprinkle on top to bring a speedy home sale for AlmostFamous (aka AlwaysFabulous aka AlcoholFree!)
    Sober for the Revolution!
    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

What a day!

FLY - your 60 day milestone is just marvelous - but what's even more FABulous is how you've retrained your brain. That is a really, really big deal - and such a relief, eh? Congratulations!

Dizzy - that was some amazing brain retraining in action! You not only faced every single trigger from the past going off in 5-alarm fashion....you even had the poison in hand...poised to pour in seek of 'relief.' BUT - your AF brain said - WTF - THERE's a NEW WAY. You just got so much stronger. We don't need to spray any baby oil on those AF muscles - they're already glistening!

Shue - sweetie...You sure were missed! That is a bummer about the pressure you were under from your SIL. I really don't understand why some people can't accept NO for an answer. I know for me, in the earlier days of my AFness, I had to put on the extra "NO MATTER WHAT" mantra when I knew that my 'I No Longer Drink' decision was going to be pummeled relentlessly by people and situations. It sure sounds like your SIL is threatened by those who don't indulge. Next time you've got to deal with her or someone similar....bring it here first and we'll get you armored up to WIN that battle.

Lovely Lav....how nice that you'll be able to get dirty today! I am always inspired by your bubbling Lavan-ittude!

Okay - Damn - there's my 20 minute egg timer again!

Sending good energy across the universe to all - with a little extra sprinkle on top to bring a speedy home sale for AlmostFamous (aka AlwaysFabulous aka AlcoholFree!)
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Welcome back, Shueeeeee! We missed you!
        And well done on pouring the poison out, Dizzy. Hmm.. compost, huh? Never thought of that :H

I am not quite as cranky as yesterday but just as busy... hence no novel from me. But a lovely photo, somewhat contradictory to the friggin feezin' temps this morning:

Oh.. Fly.. congrats on your 60 days!!! We are very proud of you :l
        Lav, knock 'em dead at the diaper derby (well.. no.. but you know what I mean) and that pup is just adorable!

Be well, fabbinis!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

happy Tuesday ABanatoes near and far!

not much time, running some errands as tomorrow I'm back on the road.

I'll join Lav in that group hug XXXXXXX there are so many wonderful posts here that I'm all aglow and proud of you all. Also happy selling vibes to Almost Famous. Dx and I will be listing our house on market in a couple months and already starting to pack up our stuff. egad!

Kas, be safe on your mountainous adventuring.

GG, what a stunning photo!

Fly, happy six oh!

Dizzy, close call eh? but you indeed overcame that craving. bravo

my MRI yesterday was interesting. they had to lay me on my face with my arm at an awkward angle and so my whole arm promptly went to sleep in the 'tube of claustrophobia' which sounded like putting your head in a trash can while someone beat on it with a hammer. wow it's loud!
          results tomorrow....

be well everyone!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Fly- awesome news!!!!! The big 6 0! Woot Woot!

Thanks for all the good vibes. I can feel them across the miles. Ok, I'm back to work. Then I get to go home and re-clean what I already cleaned. Oh now I can feel your jealousy across the miles can't I? Lol
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good evening fabbers,

Back from boob camp i.e. the gym - it was nice to catch up with my lawyer friends and discuss the latest business gossip and boob jobs on show ... Now I tell ya' ... None of those girls ever thought of underboob perspiration :H.

Fly - my wise buddy , I am sooooo happy for you!!!
              :wave::wave::wave:

Almost - sending you awesome selling vibes ... My personal pension fund is in real estate, I can totally relate ...

Sugar - how was the job interview?

Kas - the wise, interesting perspective about my SIL. Are you a psychic too, besides Miss science Panties? I love her anyway but she is way too insecure.

Turn, maybe we get a turn in the chat tomorrow early AM for me.

sunny - awesome shot, hope you had a nice Easter with peanut and co.

Lav, det, tnd, greenie, love you all, have a super evening and ....

One this is for sure ...
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi everyone
                Late check in from me ( long day at work) haven't had time to read properly but wanted to stay accountable
                Day 54 today.
                Off to bed shortly, goodnight all x

Comment

Ello again

Lots of people floating about today, great to see

Anyhow interview went fine, gettin used to them, it was a conf call with 2 people in the UK, I was doin most of the talking, its just the initial stages of the interview process, I liked the sound of the people at the other end of the line, fingers crossed on all fronts, I got a bit of a flow doing at the moment, as long as drink doesn't enter into the equation my life is so on the up, guaranteed, and that goes for all of us. No cravings of late but I know they can sneak in very slyly, I see it here every day, I have enough experience of them in the past so I suppose I?m just building myself up as much as possible while they are not there so I?ll be better equipped when it happens

AF sending you positive vibes and all u good people good night and chat tomorrow
                  "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

I meant to answer LVT about cherries... Cherries and Plums are both in genus Prunus, its a huge group. These include the sour cherries, choke cherries, etc. There are a couple of groups so if you want flowers but no fruit you can maybe get away with one tree, and be careful there isnt a similar variety nearby that blooms around the same time.

Sour cherries self pollinate adn only one tree is needed for fruit production. Some varieties are Carmen Jewel, Crimson Passion, Evans.

Plums and Cherry Plums are in five different groups; American Hybrids, Damson, European, Japanese and the natives (a large group, i have 3 different species of natives in my yard). In order for cross pollination to occur, varieties must bloom at the same time. So a midseason variety will cross pollinate with both early and late bloomers. Many of the chokecherries (natives) will aid in X pollination.

The closer the relationship, genetically and bloom time, between the species, the larger and more abundant the fruit.

So you might have to settle for one cherry tree, but if you chose a two individuals whose bloom times are completely seperated you can avoid the fruit, have a long bloom period. Still flowering trees have a job to do usually, which is to produce fruit so its kind of hard to avoid.

Personally I love birds, and watching them come to eat the cherries and choke cherries on my trees is one of the seasons highlights for me.

Hope this helps.

Kas
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Stopping by to say hello.

Wow, you are certainly a busy group. I love how everyone on this thread is moving forward and living their lives despite any bumps along the way. Proud to know you.

Shue, Happy your back safe and sound. It's good that you are moving on and seeing that sip of champagne as a learning experience. I truly hope that you don't have to be in the company of your SIL until you are on solid AF ground. If you are, please sock her in the nose for me:H:H

Seriously though, I know that we can't always control the people whom are around us but in the early days, I was super, super careful about who I kept company with because I did not trust myself to not cave under pressure. I learned that lesson the hard way. I was AF for about 6 weeks and went to a jewelry party at a friends house. Everyone kept offerring me wine even though I said no several times. In a weak moment, I gave in and it was scary. I couldn't stop. Happy to be on solid ground now. It will be 4 years for me in a few days.

:h and :l to all
                      M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Sugarbeat, sounds positive so far eh? nice.

ok, exotic dinner report from last night:

chicken breast with walnut/pomegranate sauce. yummo

appetizer was a large coleslaw with apples and of course lots of garlic
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;1299002 wrote:
                          appetizer was a large coleslaw with apples and of course lots of garlic

Sometimes you scare me, Det :H

Hope everyone had a good day; mine is still going. Kinda buried myself in code today and am on a roll here Night night to all those who are heading for bed soon or already have!
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Wow Sunni - I've never seen a product like that - interesting
                            Your crocus is lovely & I hope it gets lots of sunshine!!!!

I am tired & hope to be asleep real soon
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X