AF Daily - Saturday April 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning everyone. I usually hang out in subs so I thought I would reach out a little. About 4 months sober and loving it.

I love that term "protecting your sobriety". :thanks:
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Greetings and salutations AFeroooooos across the fruited plains

Dizzy I LOVE the sprouts idea and your logos are stellar. way to go! that hyper 'aliveness' from being AF is the best eh?

Hilary how nice to see you here ol friend. hows your dear son? mega kudos on 4months AF!

Lav, I slept like your cute dog picture last night I'm pretty sure. it was so good to be in my own bed.

BlondeAF and Almostfamous big Yays! to you loves on the AF time

for those health geeks among us, I just listened to a really inspiring podcast where Jimmy Moore interviews the one and only Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride on the 'gut-brain axis' and special diet to fix messed up gut flora and other neat things. I'll put the link on the paleo thread also.
        (it's episode #557) Interviewing Doctors, Researchers, Scientists, Bloggers and More. | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show

off to peel some garlic for breakfast

turbulence! ok I get it

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

SKendall;1301417 wrote: Morning everyone. I usually hang out in subs so I thought I would reach out a little. About 4 months sober and loving it.

I love that term "protecting your sobriety". :thanks:
          SKendall, A big congrats on 4 months. Please stick around here and tell us a little bit about how AF life is for you.

M3
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Blondieeee !!! Congrats for being so persistant in getting fit, happy and AF.

:wave::wave::wave:

It is Saturday night here, still early. I have relaxed with some aromatherapy and I am now curled up in bed with a book. Bliss.

Sending the sleep fairy to the other side of the world now.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement.
              We had a couple showings today. Hopefully this baby will sell soon. I'm sick of playing Mrs. immaculate. I'm fine going back to Mrs. Adequate.
              Night night!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Almostfamous;1301598 wrote: Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement.
                We had a couple showings today. Hopefully this baby will sell soon. I'm sick of playing Mrs. immaculate. I'm fine going back to Mrs. Adequate.
                Night night!
                Mrs. Adequate would already be a step up for me :H
                Sending money spending vibes to your prospective buyers, AF!

Well, I left shortly after 9am this morning and got back at 4pm. Uggh. I hate city traffic! As I said before, there's a reason I live on a stump in the woods! :H Got the peanut home and goodness, he is sooo sick.. worse than Easter! Eyes and nose running like crazy, a bit of a cough, too. After his nap, he had icky yellow goop in his eyes... good thing I spent $18 on Polysporin eye drops for the dog the other day.. might as well have two of them hate me at once

Hilary, so good to see you over here, as well as on the Canuck Thread! Congrats on your 4 months, dear! I also really like the phrase 'protecting your sobriety'. For the first time, that's how I feel.. protective of my sobriety.

I also feel protective of my sleep. Hence... I'm headed to bed! Night night, everyone!
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi everyone. I am so late these days.... I meant to post but ended up mowing the lawn and planting bedding plants and weeding all day in the sunshine. It was wonderful.

Welcome Hilary. This is a great place, very welcoming, very kind, enthusiastic and also very truthful. There have been times where people on this thread have changed my way of thinking, and that is saying something, because I am old and opinionated....lol! I can honestly say I would not have remained completely sober to this my 14th month, if it had not been for the constant positive reinforcement and understanding that is given here. There is literally NO ONE in my life who understands the importance of sobriety as the folks on this thread in particular. You can count on quite a few laffs, but also triage, advice, explanations, opinions, a shoulder to weep on and a thorough arse kicking, depending on the situation.

Its so late I dont think very many people are going to see this, but here goes. this is a work site for me, just took this photo yesterday. Im after doing a bunch of riparian vegetation work with my daughter, and drove home yesterday.... this is called Montana Slough.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas, Montana Slough is loverly. any wild critter sightings?
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Ooooo, that is a beautiful picture! Thanks for posting Kas!

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes for the 60 day goal. And special thanks to PapMom for sharing her "chip"! Glad to be here with everyone...lots of meaningful milestones this week! We all deserve a big pat on the back!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

Hey Det, was doing a veg inventory, so I wasnt specifically looking for wildlife but my list just off the top of my head for the two days of field work was

Western toad adult
                        Hairy woodpecker
                        Western toad adults calling
                        Turkey vultures
                        Bald eagle with nest material
                        Mallards
                        Western grebe
                        Buffleheads
                        Robins
                        Canada geese
                        Western terrestrial garter snake
                        Common loons
                        Common merganser
                        Blue winged teals
                        Mule deer
                        White tailed deer
                        Black bear
                        Deer kill (scapula, hair)
                        American crows
                        Brown headed cowbirds
                        Violet green swallows
                        Coyotes (tracks and calls only)
                        Dark eyed Juncos
                        Black capped chickadee

This is a very small list compared with a typical field site. These sites are really poor both floristically and fauna-ly (new word, wtf) because they are flooded from June to September and sometimes from June to January. I can post a list from my kayak day today for comparison, so you can see the difference between a native wetland mostly non disturbed and the Arrow Lake drawdown zone. Also its early yet, so a lot of the birds are missing off this site. AND there are painted turtles here, but I didnt see one yesterday. No plants of note, either, just typical spp dominated by reed canary grass.

Kaslo
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X