AF Daily - Monday April 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lav, glad Matilda is on the mend.. that is the most gorgeous picture I have seen ...just one look into those puppie brown eyes melts your heart

Comment

Thanks Mum, I agree
      Have a great day!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy 60th Sausage! Way to go!

lav-Matilda-Oh my!! I missed where she was sick but looks 100% healthy in that pic!! Rumor has it there was snow somewhere in PA today!!

Dizzy-so glad you got through your tough day.

sugar-hope your interveiw went well!

TDN-whoo hoo! first day on new job!! got my samples and pamphlets today!!

Kas-I am loving your science lessons and pics!! Keep em coming!!

Shue, Sunni, LVT(great fire pit!), Almost, blonde, Greenie, Marshy, Deter, DG-howdy and keep on truckin'!!

Long day at work-stressful actually; lung rattling cough; deep fatigue set in around 3. Just wanted to get home and crash.
        Car was towed 30 miles tonite-took AAA an hour to get to me. That is all.
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

P3, I am SO sorry about your day's ending. :l:l:l
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

sunshine_gg;1303014 wrote: Greenie and Kas, you two could write a book. You're so knowledgeable.
            Speaking for myself.... it's more that I'm erm... experienced. old :H
            sigpic

Comment

By george I think I forgot to log on here today....wtf? I sent out congrats to the Anniversary peeps. long may they run, then wandered off for the day. Papster that does NOT sound good at all. This is your new car right? How about back to the dealership you bought it from, hmmm? And a lung rattling cough and tired by three does not sound good either. I wish I could just roll my hot tub down there for you. It would be a long slosh, and Im not sure they wouldnt stop me at the border for trying to import Kokanee germs to the US of A.

Matilda is so cute, wish I had a sweetie like that. Alas I have resident squirrels that are savaging my flower boxes, demmit. And chewing my outdoor chair cusions for thier own nesting material. And eating all the bird seed. I think murderous thoughts when I see thier little butts in the feeders, and scampering along the deck railings. Mr Kaslo is a peaceful Mennonite, his motto is kinder kuchen and something or other, but when he sees squirrels on the property, he reaches for his biodegradable bb gun. He is a bad shot. And so am I. I have an actual real shot gun and a 30 odd six, but simple ownership does not impart skill. I could not hit the broad side of a barn, possibly from INSIDE the barn. So because I am opposed to violence and also time in jail for discharging a firearm in town is unattractive to me , I would like to know if any of those pooches could make house calls. A little barking and tearing around is in order and I am far to old and arthritic to do that myself, although I suppose I could in a shortage.

Mum o 2: 11 C is NOT cold. That is shorts and tee shirt weather in Canada. Ok maybe socks in the Berkenstocks.

Sug, hope you wowed em. We are wowed and that counts for a lot.

I spent the day trying to explain to a big corporate client that adding 1000 km of flights to an aerial photograph capture is not just chicken feed, its aircraft ferrying costs, fuel, airport fees, hanger charges, accomodation and meals, fee time for the photographer (I dont do the captures, I use the photography), orthorectification and mosaicing costs, bla bla bla. My apologies to Lavs Chickens. To them its not just chicken feed either. Its CHICKEN FEED.

I also picked up garbage like a convict with my garden friends. I would like to say it was fun but it was a pain in the arse all that bending and stooping and a hundred zillion ciggie butts later. But it was public service. And no it wasnt court ordered.

Love to all, I really must post earlier in the day. This thread for me is supposed to be about being grateful. And I am.

You guys rule.

Kaslo
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Cross post Greenie. I had this post that I erased today, because believe it or not I ended up posting it in the wrong thread how stunned is that, but basically the book you referenced last night is close to what I am looking for but what I really think needs to be collected in a reference is methods to deal with being victimized by relatives to the point where you harm yourself with AL. Not so much trying to help, boss people around, fix, control, yada yada but how to prevent yourself from being manipulated by parents, siblings etc. as that is the root of using AL for escape and as painkillers. This would be a set of tools for people who are the target themselves of manipulation and victimization. The culprits are people who use a vulnerable usually younger member of the family for target practice, but I have noticed its usually because they themselves are hurting for a variety of reasons. Its a chain of command thing. The damage and continued manipulation and cruelty can last into adulthood.

Has anyone written about how people develop coping mechanisms? I mean I developed my own after several years of enduring ostracization, coldness, shunning, violence, neglect, etc. So.... any recommendations Green one and others who read voraciously in the isles of self help books. I can usually be found in other parts of the bookstore, so I dunno. But I am willing to try?

I could write one myself actually but I cant spell.

Ok little words like if and it.

Kaslo

This is my shot from yesterday, kayaking at Erie Lake:

Kaslo

Comment

This looks like it would be pretty good. In general, anyway. I don't know if it's about coping mechs, per se. Naturally the "boundaries" part caught my eye.

Amazon.com: Codependence and the Power of Detachment: How to Set Boundaries and Make Your Life Your Own (9781573243629): Karen Casey: Books

WOW what a shot!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks....I will check this out.... When I read this again just now I realized there must be tonnes of books out there, but this is not a genre I am familiar with. In fact, my family made brutal fun of anyone who read self help books. Anything like this was a sign of weakness.

Speaking of weakness, I meant to say to Sunny, in my view you are an amazing and resourceful person, not weak at all. If your partner thinks your former AL thing was weakness, I guess that just happens to be how some people who dont really understand it very well or know much about it view this condition. Alziemers is not weakness, nor epilepsy nor heart disease or diabetes. In fact it takes cajones the size of canteloups to beat this. As you know.

Its 9 30 PM in Kasloville. Lights out.

k
                    Kaslo

Comment

Working...
                    X