AF Daily - Wednesday April 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lav, its strange that you're the third person on this site to give me a similar response today. Without being intrusive, and only if you're comfortable responding, what makes you stay with someone like that? The idea of marriage scares me senseless as it is as my mom has suffered my dad for 40 years even though he is - for lack of a better word - a real terror.

Like I said if he - my bf - wants to fight for us and to live, he'll come back to me. He still has a lot of good left in him. He had a LOT of bad things happen to him that won't be fair to share here. I'm willing to love him warts and all if he take responsibility for his actions, will stop living in the past, and be there for me when I need a shoulder. I think its a simple enough request.

:l

Comment

I forgot to wish Diz happy 30th no-al day on this thread... and sorry you are having such a pain in the Astilbe with bf. No advice, just sympathy.

Shue, GREAT you dodged the bottle of w in the F. I am not sure I could do that even now after 14 months. I used to love an open of w w in the F. What the F is the matter with me?

Sorry, brain congestion obviously. I honestly would RATHER have one of several AF bevs now.

Last night I got a call from a neighbour to come and get a "few" irises, got there with the wheelbarrow and there was a HUGE patch that filled my giant wheel barrow which nearly caused me to scupper myself on the way home, and I could see curtains twitching and I could swear that I heard the lafs from the folks as I past with my barrow full of irises alive alive-O. This was after helping another neighbour dig up a patch of sweet william and transplanting it in one of my beds here. I am clearly getting a rep as a home for wayward and unwanted garden plant divisions.

So its back out there I go. Turn, come on down and help yourself, I am told they are light blue, not purple. I dont care what they are, I love them no matter what.

Kaslo, Pas de Blanc Vin
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Thanks Kas. You are one of the smartest people I know. I did really appreciate your advice the other day, I'm just stuck between the need to be loyal and the need to mouth off. Long term relationships with someone who has only met your friends and family once is just unnatural... Pffft drama queen Diz will leave the building soon. Methinks hormones are playing havoc tonight as well.

Wise or not, I'm damn jealous of your Iris catch. Its my favourite flower and they usually flower around here around my birthday in November. I prefer the dark purple but the light purple are also beautiful. Give me lilies over roses anyday.

Do you have a big garden? Lots of flowers or do you like veggies and herbs and stuff too?

Comment

Hey Fabbies.

DB-sorry you're having such a rough time with BF. I can't offer any help-I'm a huge loser at relationships which is why I've been single my whole life. Good luck sweetie and remember everything happens for a reason.

Greenie-is there a thrift store near you? Might be worth a look-se.

Shue-welcome back. Lying in bed with Jr and the kitties watching the tube sounds nice actually. Great job on ignoring the vino.

Lav-how was your busy busy day? Wish I could buy some of your eggs!

Turn-you always put a smile on my face with your upbeat attitude. You have a way of letting us know that no matter how bad life is, there is another side. Thank you.

Kas-congrats on the new gig! how nice that is is fairly local! I love getting plants (and giving them away) for free. I think you scored big this week!!

Raven-nice of you to stop by.

TDN-I'm in for a get together with Almost. I think Blonde wants us to do a whale watch this summer so we really should start planning this!! Papmobile is doing fine so far.

LVT-can't wait to see the finished front yard!!

Where is det, blonde and a few others?

Crappy week so far at work-not worth talking about but I'm not sure how much more I can take yet I have no other choices at the moment. I guess I just have to trust that the Universe does have a plan for me and I need to be open to it. Meanwhile I need to do a better job of taking care of myself and once this chest rattling cough goes away I'll get serious about a little exercise each day. Really wish I hadn't entered the agility trial this Saturday. I could really use a day of complete rest. But I know it will be fun once I get there (at 7 silly o'clock!!).

Over and out.
          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks Diz...will try to post a few photos of the garden. Anyone who pours wine out in the compost is a kindred spirit..!

Bad news. I mention the guy is a new manager. Well he neglected to find out if he had the budget. So the air photo and space image project is delayed till next year. Bummed but its ok.

kas
            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

whew. checking in from yet another hotel. miso tired! last nights hotel was smack between the HWY99 and a very busy train station. really!

huge congrats for Dizzy and Kas on AF times!

instead of sleeping last night I listened to a couple of truly inspiring podcasts with guest speaker Dr Dwight Lundell. he's performed over 5 thousand heart surgeries personally and is an award winning cardiologist and educator. the man knows his stuff.

571: Dr. Dwight Lundell Reacts To Media Attention Of His Column ‘What Really Causes Heart Disease’ | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show

this one is a bit hard to listen to as Dr Su has a strong accent, but the technical detail is superb:
              98: Dwight Lundell, M.D. on Cardiovascular Disease and Diet, Part 1 | Carbohydrates Can Kill

these podcasts go way beyond the anticipated 'carbs are bad' mantra and really explore the reasons humans suffer from heart disease. some really surprising findings.

off to finish some work emails and hop in chat if I don't fall asleep first.

be well everyone
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

I hope we are all still here to see those pics next year kaslo

Dizzy, in answer to your question - I don't know, really!
                Love, habit, familiarity, the kids, money, pity, empathy, etc, etc.
                All I know is that I've never had any real, lasting mind peace with him but since he decided to run off I a beginning to find some (thanks in large part to our girl Greenie who pointed me to some wonderful healing stuff). I am working on forgiving myself, mostly

Time to end this day, G'night all!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X