Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday May 5

Hey Abbers,

My fingernails are full of funky garden dirt right now but I did get some stuff done outside

There are no bears in my neighborhood - just sayin!!!!

Kaslo, that was indeed a very brave & kind thing you did in getting that idiot off of the road. But I have a feeling he'll just do it again tomorrow, don't you agree
    A call to the highway patrol would have been in order.
    I was stopped today by the State Troopers (so were all the other cars in front & in back of me) just for a 'routine check'. Good damn thing I wasn't stinkin of AL, hmmm.

I'm sure Shue's ribs were delicious Almost :H :H
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow, Kas. Just Wow. I'm with Almost. You showed a lot of courage and compassion. I imagine grandpa was either on his way to or from the liquor store. This addiction sucks.

Yesterday, I was riding my bike to appointments around town and popped into a bike shop for some parts. The fellow who waited on me REEKED of booze. I couldn't tell whether it was on his breath or just oozing from his pores. The shop had just opened. It was 10 am. This addiction sucks.

I am just thrilled so many of us are no longer sucking on the addiction that sucks. It is just FABulous to be free.

SunniHuni...I am sorry about the situation with the kid....for all of you. I am not an AA person, but I do try to apply the principle of the serenity prayer in my life. You are a wise and compassionate person. You'll figure out what it is that you can do to help.

I am really jonesing for something to eat that's not white. Turkey burger...cod...turkeyburgercodrice caketurkeyburgercodrice caketurkeyburgercodrice cake - wah! The trainer is trying to shake up my metabolism this week. I can have broccoli tomorrow. I am so excited I can't see straight! What are the odds I'll dream about it? or him? lol. 3 inches off the waist in 3 weeks, tho. Even without austerity eating.

I gained an inordinate amount of weight from my drinking. Now, I am even wondering if it was the alcohol that trashed out my thyroid. It went so whacky and all noduled up that it had to be removed. I'm down about 45 pounds now from my peak corpulence. I have maybe 50 more to go. I treaded awfully close to the Biggest Loser audition zone!

Interestingly enough, I maybe only lost 10 or so after I quit drinking and that took awhile...now that I am ramping up the weight training and building muscle it's having a real impact. I have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks. AND it's all fat. I've gained a bunch of lean muscle, too. I have muscles in places I didn't know had muscles. And I gotta tell you...this vigorous exercise has me on such a feel good vibe....I got up at 6 and whipped out 7 miles on the bike trail...half of it up hill. And later, I stumbled my way through a Zumba class. That was a spectacle. I hope I didn't scare anyone.

xxxxx to all of you precious ones...
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

YAY TURNAGAIN! Wow, you are totally awesome! Im having crackers at the moment. I know. I am a sucker for McCormicks saltines unsalted tops. How do you guys find the will power? I have had a HELL of a week with no end of shite from the clients from hell, and I didnt drink but I cant seem to shake the need to eat when ever what ever. I get exercise and I feel terrific, but I still have a balcony on the front of me that could be used by prostitutes at Mardi Gras.

Your story about the guy at 10 AM, you know that is what I was contemplating when I quit. I was starting to think that the best way to feel better was to just have a nip in the AM. I never did it, but then I thought...Kaslo you asshole. WHAT are you thinking?

Almost i will see if I can post the little bear shot from a while ago, on my deck. Unless i did already. cant do it on his stinky little ipad though, I dont think....

Lav, yes, I agree, that old bugger killing himself with AL and what ever else his problem is will do it again. I hate that. And did you get the message I left for you on here about finding a sugar daddy/ bf/ companion / date? I bet you can, darlin. If you wanna.

Kaslo of the Daffodils crushed by black bear arse ends...they are napping on my front lawn, the bastards. Black bears that is, not the daffodils.

Here is a try for my back deck Bear. This bear is in very poor condition, is very small for its age, which is about 2, she has mange and an eye infection and should be asleep when this was taken but shes addicted to garbage.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

:H THANKS for the vote of confidence Kaslo............
          So far I have no desire to go man hunting again
          Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, who knows?

That is a BEAR you have on your deck there lady - Yikes!!!!
          I find deer & an occasional wandering goat around here, oh yeah & the occasional riderless horse but absolutely no bear

Turn, congrats on the weight loss, muscle building, exercise & all that stuff!
          Wow, by the end of this year you are going to be a completely different person!!!!!!

About running into drunk people in odd places.....
          My BIL lives next door & you never know what condition you'll find him in....I do my best to stay the hell away from him. Never did like that sucker a whole lot.

I think my dogs had plenty of fresh air & exercise today - they are both passed out & it's only 8 pm.
          Ahhh, peace & quiet for a change
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1311163 wrote:

That is a BEAR you have on your deck there lady - Yikes!!!!
            I find deer & an occasional wandering goat around here, oh yeah & the occasional riderless horse but absolutely no bear
            Please send Atlas home if he comes by your house :H
            Oh, and I got the funky dirt under fingernails, too. If I had nails left. Or cuticles.

Thank you everyone... I'll update tomorrow. Really a bit torn and whatnot but no sense in spending another sleepless night. What will be will be. The kids just may rise to the occasion and on a purely selfish note, I would love to have the little butterball as a 'real' grand son. Somehow the connection with him is not there. Not like with peanut.

Turnip, you rock, indeed. Uphill.. really? You're my hero.
            Kaslo of the bear bottoms, I kinda miss my bears. Never had them on the deck (then again, I didn't have a deck) but they were plentiful at my old place. Wait. They destroyed all our gorgeous humoungalicious raspberries. Never mind. I don't miss them. Oh, and good call on gramps. Yikes. Scary.

Can I bitch for a second? BLACK FLIES! :durn:

That is all.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Just posted a long post from my phone and it did not work!!!!! Am on my way to the eastern states on a business trip and I have just seen the tiny plane I get to fly in next!!!Maybe 8 seats if I am lucky yikes

I am not sure if I will be able to post during the common week as I don't think there us wifi where I am staying.. so wishing you all a Fab week, stay safe xxxx

One thing is for sure

Comment

Working...
              X